Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 06:06 AM   #256
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristiKat View Post
We got back Friday afternoon and this is the first time I've been able to sit down and check in on the Disboards. We had a great stay at POR. We love the resort. I chose not to do online check in and when we arrived the line was long but moved very quickly and it took less than 20 minutes to check in. My DH wasn't to happy about our pool view room which was trees. If you looked hard through them you could see the pool, lol. I guess next time I'll book River View and see how that goes. I liked being near the quite pool, the kids swam in the evenings. Our room was nice and clean and we had no trouble with mousekeeping. We got two towel animals not counting the Mickey head on the bed when we arrived. One day was a butterfly. On Valentine's Day my husband had flowers delivered so when we got back to the room mousekeeping had taken the butterfly and placed it with the flowers as well as a set of towel swans. All the CMs were great. The create your own pasta was just as great as our last visit. It was a great trip and I can't wait to do it all again. Next February...I hope.

Were did u do create your own pasta at Tony's?
Sounds like you have a thoughtful husband.

Me DH (Won't fly, not going) Kyle DS (12yrs old)
1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
2012~Disneyland (only 1 day)
2013 ~POR/Hardrock Universal
Old 02-20-2013, 06:12 AM   #257
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylarosie View Post
Hi I am new here.I booked a last minute trip on 2/11/13 at this resort. My husband and I are both in our late 50,s I will actually turn 59 while there. I posted earlier about using a scooter on site. Does any one know which area to pick that the scooter will fit in the room.I would like to be close to the food area and bus. Also has anyone used cabs to go to resorts for dinner and was the cost resonable? I went back to Disney without children in 2011 ,we stayed in the Polynesion . We had fun just doing what we could ,the pressure of getting everything in ,like when you have kids was gone.We got the meal plan and have planned some nice meals. My job is caring for 6 children in my home(family childcre provider) my husband thinks I am crazy to whant to be around kids on vaca.I just pay attention to them when they are cute while at Disney.Thanks for any advice, Nan.
The scooter will fit in the rooms in the mansions; you will most likely be placed there anyway since it is just two of you.

You will need to add to your reservation that you requested being close to the food court and main bus stop - you did not indicate which booking category you have - riverview rooms will be the closest and standard rooms will be the farthest away. However, there is a bus loop, so most rooms are close to a bus stop.

Cabs are readily available at the resort to get to other resorts; it is usually around $15.00 or so with tip. You also have a second option, which is great at POR; to use DTD bus hub. Not so reliable getting to the resort for dinner, but coming back is a breeze. You can see the top of the volcano at RFC from the bus hub; walk towards it and the boat launch is just beyond it. After 4 pm, the water taxis run every 10 minutes, so there is always one not far around the corner. I do it all the time.

Enjoy!

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-20-2013, 06:28 AM   #258
aylarosie
Mouseketeer

Smile

Thanks so much for your reply.I paid for garden view room.My husband can walk just not far distances. I will look up the mansions and then try to send a request. The first night I got reservations at Narcossees ,I think that is at Grand Floridian, I thought the cab there would be the easiest.I only got 4 day pass to parks so we could enjoy the hotel as well.Everyone here has such good ideas I have read back other threads and am enjoying planning our trip. I felt a little strange going to Disney without children but there seems to be a lot of people who do it and have fun. I am looking forward to 3/16/13. Thanks again Nan.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #259
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinggirl View Post
Were did u do create your own pasta at Tony's?
Sounds like you have a thoughtful husband.
Create your own pasta is at the Food Court at POR; I believe that is what she is referring to.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:21 AM   #260
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylarosie View Post
Thanks so much for your reply.I paid for garden view room.My husband can walk just not far distances. I will look up the mansions and then try to send a request. The first night I got reservations at Narcossees ,I think that is at Grand Floridian, I thought the cab there would be the easiest.I only got 4 day pass to parks so we could enjoy the hotel as well.Everyone here has such good ideas I have read back other threads and am enjoying planning our trip. I felt a little strange going to Disney without children but there seems to be a lot of people who do it and have fun. I am looking forward to 3/16/13. Thanks again Nan.
Garden view, you should have not trouble getting close to the food court and main building in either Acadian House or Magnolia Terrace; just add it to your reservation.

Narcossess' is at the GF.

I did an 8 day, all resorts, no parks trip solo at POR one year and had a blast. I spent a lot of time at the resorts and DTD; which I love - I am a big shopper and love hanging out at bars, so Raglan Road, Paradiso 37, and RFC were great places to just hang out.

I also spent a lot of time by the quiet pool relaxing and reading; I actually read 4 books that week.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:28 AM   #261
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

Thanks!

Me DH (Won't fly, not going) Kyle DS (12yrs old)
1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
2012~Disneyland (only 1 day)
2013 ~POR/Hardrock Universal
Old 02-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #262
ohnowewontgo
Disney here We Come

I love this thread! I couldn't remember the website I used last September for planning, and thankfully this thread gave it to me. Portorleans.org is a lifesaver. I'm hoping for a trip back in July. I just love POR.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #263
KristiKat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Create your own pasta is at the Food Court at POR; I believe that is what she is referring to.
Yes it was. It is well worth the money in our opinion. Enough for two meals unless you are very hungry.

Me DH DSS13 DD8

1982 offsite,1987 The Disney Inn,1991 Caribbean Beach Resort,1997 Fort Wilderness,2011 & 2013 Port Orleans Riverside,2012 & 2014 Shades of Green
Old 02-20-2013, 12:37 PM   #264
elfling8
Mouseketeer

A bussing/ADR question:
We have a Crystal Palace ADR for 8:20am our first full day there. There are no parks with morning EMH that day, so does that mean the busses will not start running until 8? If that is the case we would have to get a cab to get to the MK on time, correct?

Me DH
DD10 DS8
Old 02-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #265
ttcl516
Mouseketeer

I need to stop looking at the weather for 10 days out. I am going to drive myself crazy. Please, Please, Please Let it be nice weather when we are there!!!

POR Riverside AB Feb 28 - Mar 7, 2013
Old 02-20-2013, 12:53 PM   #266
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttcl516
I need to stop looking at the weather for 10 days out. I am going to drive myself crazy. Please, Please, Please Let it be nice weather when we are there!!!
Same here. I feel obsessed over the weather!

Old 02-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #267
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfling8 View Post
A bussing/ADR question:
We have a Crystal Palace ADR for 8:20am our first full day there. There are no parks with morning EMH that day, so does that mean the busses will not start running until 8? If that is the case we would have to get a cab to get to the MK on time, correct?
Buses begin running at 6:30 am for early morning ADR's.

They don't run as frequently as regular times, so give yourself plenty of time.

Also, if you catch a cab for MK, they actually have to drop you off at TTC; better to take a cab to CR and then walk over if you prefer to do it that way.

There is tons of information regarding ways to get around on the Transportation board.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:25 PM   #268
nedac
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttcl516 View Post
I do the same... and it changes at least 20 times during that 10 days. Not sure why I even bother.The forecast went from dry and warm all week to wet all week. In the end, it rained one day, was cool 2 days and warm the rest of the week.
April 2012 - Wyndham Bonnet Creek
October 2011 - All Star Music
October 2010 - Port Orleans Riverside
November 2009 - All Star Movies
November 2008 - POP Century
October 2007-POP Century
November 2006 - All-Star Movies
May 2000 - Off-site
July 1997 - Off-site
Old 02-20-2013, 01:50 PM   #269
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Silly but curious question: Those two big towers that say Port Orleans by the River that you can see from Andre's live feed.....are they supposed to be water towers? some kind of silo?? I know it's part of the theming and I've read up on portorleans.org...I know I should know this. I feel silly! Clearly, I'm not from the South!
Old 02-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #270
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto

So glad the suggestion helped you!
Posting my response to you actually made me remember I hadn't packed my hanging shelves yet so we helped eachother

Well everyone, this trip is creeping closer and closer! I am now in last minute packing, planning, making lists and errands mode so time is flying! I am a little concerned about weather delays for our flight. We're flying out of Buffalo and while the weather looks good around here, I know bad weather in other areas could affect our flight. The plane has to come from somewhere. Obviously there is nothing to be done about that but wait and see.
3 more sleeps and I will be in Florida!!!

You would not believe how cold it is here today. That plus gale force winds have me so ready for this trip!! However, I am glad I am not flying tonight. I am not a fan of turbulence.
Piglet to it sounds like you're flying out Saturday morning? We are flying from Buffalo as well on a 6 am flight. Hope the weather holds off
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: