Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 08:23 AM   #2506
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdaisy
That whole luggage thing not getting moved scares me. We check in on 5/31 in a preferred room, and then we move to RGR for 9 nights. My plan was to head to service desk at 7:00 am with luggage in tow so that we can check out and check back in. I figured I could leave my luggage, and we could head to Epcot for the day.

Will the resort then move our luggage to RGR when the room is ready??
Sort of. If you bring your bags with you in the morning they will hold them until you return. Then you call them from your room and they will bring them to you. They will not come to your room to get them if you're already gone. And they won't deliver them to your new room if you're not there. ME are the only ones who will deliver bags to your room if you're not physically in the room.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #2507
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaticmissy View Post
They have had a $1 charged on my account for the last 2 weeks since I did online check in, but it is only $1 I think it is to make sure your card is active.
Probably an authorisation (i.e. approval of that amount) rather than an actual charge. They look the same on most online banking statements though, which is annoying.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #2508
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
The family is not thrilled, and in turn, neither am I. This has been stressful since they are here for such a short time. All their luggage is stored in our room because the front desk and bell services can't make up their minds about what will happen to their luggage, and in turn, though there's been nothing wrong with our stay, it's soured me a bit on this resort.
I would suggest you raise this with the Guest Service Operations Manager at POR in person, or maybe the room inventory manager. I'm pretty sure he would not be very happy with the way this has been handled for your friends, and would do his best to work things out for you.

Sadly there's nothing that can take back what has already happened though, and it's hard to take that 'tainted' feeling away.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #2509
mrsatc
Earning My Ears

Hi Everyone, Just found this thread and wanted to say hi! We are going June 2-7, so excited. This will be our first stay at POR (and 2nd time to WDW).

Kathy
Old 04-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #2510
danicaca
Mouseketeer

we will be at POR at the same time. We arrive on May 28th, and leave on June 7th!
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #2511
visitingapril09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Probably an authorisation (i.e. approval of that amount) rather than an actual charge. They look the same on most online banking statements though, which is annoying.

Andre
Mine is the same. It is on the card registered at on line check in. It is an authorization only not a charge, it will drop off. They are making sure you aren't giving them a 'bad' card.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:47 AM   #2512
hineline07
Earning My Ears

Ok so if I think we left something in the room when we left, how can I get ahold of someone about it? Or is it just lost? Thanks!

Old 04-16-2013, 09:52 AM   #2513
mrsatc
Earning My Ears

Danica: Noticed you are from Lincoln, I have family in the Omaha Metro area!
Old 04-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #2514
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Scott MC, your traveling companions experience has been mishandled from the get go. Even if you book, and pay for, a certain room category you are not guaranteed that type of room. However, the CM checking them in should have acknowledged that fact and offered up a refund of the difference immediately. Popular rooms like the Royal Rooms book up and if there's a maintenance issue and they have to remove some from the inventory this happens. That should have been explained. And then to have a manager not really care either is unacceptable. It might be worth going to the concierge desk and ask to see the general manager.

FYI, even if you have a print out of your confirmation it wouldn't help except to show you are due a refund.
Seriously? Man, I would be an unhappy customer if I paid for a bookable category and was told "too bad" when I got there. I understand requests can't always be fulfilled, but it would be soooo disappointing to book a river view or RR and get standard. I booked GV and would be super unhappy to be looking at a parking lot all week!
Old 04-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #2515
sophie832
Addicted to DL and WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley
Officially I believe it varies more by PARK rather than by driver as the bus routes are based on the hub that the bus comes from rather than the hotel destination. MK buses for example tend to do the outer circle first and then the South Depot, and do not share with FQ. But there are no 100% hard-and-fast rules, and the computerised tracking system can dynamically adjust routes depending on time of day, demand, etc.
Andre
We are on the MK bus now, and that seems to be accurate. So, I amend my earlier post... MK and DTD stop at West first and do the loop before South. I agree, though, that everything is subject to change.
January 2011 Dining Review!
Old 04-16-2013, 01:19 PM   #2516
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex9179

Seriously? Man, I would be an unhappy customer if I paid for a bookable category and was told "too bad" when I got there. I understand requests can't always be fulfilled, but it would be soooo disappointing to book a river view or RR and get standard. I booked GV and would be super unhappy to be looking at a parking lot all week!
Yep. The fine print states all you are guaranteed is A room on WDW property.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #2517
punky1973
Earning My Ears

Are there any bad days to fax a room request. We are eleven days out and I would like to send my fax in the next few days or so. For example are weekdays better? We did online check in a week or so ago and there was no place for room requests on our forms.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:50 PM   #2518
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky1973
Are there any bad days to fax a room request.
Nope.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:22 PM   #2519
LovingDisny
I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.

Waiting for my trip - not patiently

OMG, I am really trying to wait and do on line check in until I am closer to my trip. Why is it so hard to NOT do something just because you now can? just putting it off so that I have something else to do for the trip in about 20 days when the time will really start dragging.

I have to agree with previous posters regarding not getting the room that you booked and paid extra for. I understand that these things sometimes happen, but what rotten luck! Especially for the family at POR for the first time. I really hope that situation is resolved in a positive way for them. And I really hope this is an isolated incident.

We have booked preferred, and while being put somewhere else would certainly not ruin our trip, I really hope we end up where we booked.
2004- CBR with hubby & oldest son
2010- POR with hubby & both boys
2013- POR with hubby & both boys AGAIN!
2015- Me, hubby & both boys - we are thinking Coronado Springs -
Old 04-16-2013, 02:43 PM   #2520
dramaticmissy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Yep. The fine print states all you are guaranteed is A room on WDW property.
which is actually a good thing!!!! We were booked into Pop in 2007 and it was over sold, so they bumped us up to SSR 1br Villa, it made for an awesome 11 day stay!!!!

June 1976-My first trip!
March 2006 @ POP dd's 2nd birthday
August 2007 @ SSR 11 day trip
November 2008- POP dd's 7th birthday
May 2013 Port of Orleans Riverside- All girls week
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: