Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #2491
sophie832
Addicted to DL and WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyamy4
sorry, this will have been asked before but i don't really fancy flicking through 101+ pages to find out!

can anyone tell me in which order the bus picks up at each stop? i know the first stop is the south depot, but then where does it go?

i've read of people having to wait for another bus by the time it gets to the 3rd or 4th stop, especially when sharing with FQ, so i was wondering what the second stop was? :D
We are here now, and so far our experience has been the South stop first on all buses except DTD. That bus has always stopped at our stop, the West, first. The order of the stops after South is West, North, and East. Sometimes buses are shared w/POFQ, and the non-DTD buses stop at FQ first. There's a huge amount of high schoolers staying near the East stop...they have had to wait for another bus a few times. We never have a problem at the West stop.
January 2011 Dining Review!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:21 PM   #2492
fadingjamie
Up next... Mother/Daughter Trip!

Ermmm first year here! ..which is why our wedding and honeymoon are in July.

Can't wait to be at POR July 21-27th!

June 2001 Off Site (Grad Night), March 2009 POP, June 2010 Give a Day, Get a Day program (NCL cruise day trip), May 2011 POFQ (we got engaged!), July 2013 Poly/POR (our honeymoon!), Upcoming: August 2014 POFQ (mother/daughter trip)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 11:43 PM   #2493
Pygmypuff07
Earning My Ears

Just changed our AOA room to a POR Royal guest room! I was looking at a video of the resort and it looks like there is a boat that leads to somewhere. Is this a boat that goes around the resort or does it go to another place like downtown Disney?
August 29- Sep. 2, 2013 CR, 2014: First time AP holders! March 15-21 2014 CR TPV - Became DVC Members!, May 30- June 8, 2014 Villas at GF, June 12-16,2014 villas at GF, August 28- September 1st, BLT, October31st- November 6,2014 BLT, November 6-9 HRH WWOHP, December 13-20, 2014 Villas at GF, March, 2015 Villas at GF, First cruise 7 night Disney Fantasy Cruise May 16, 2015

Old 04-15-2013, 11:45 PM   #2494
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmypuff07 View Post
or does it go to another place like downtown Disney?
Bingo!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #2495
Pygmypuff07
Earning My Ears

Oh wow! that is very neat!
August 29- Sep. 2, 2013 CR, 2014: First time AP holders! March 15-21 2014 CR TPV - Became DVC Members!, May 30- June 8, 2014 Villas at GF, June 12-16,2014 villas at GF, August 28- September 1st, BLT, October31st- November 6,2014 BLT, November 6-9 HRH WWOHP, December 13-20, 2014 Villas at GF, March, 2015 Villas at GF, First cruise 7 night Disney Fantasy Cruise May 16, 2015

Old 04-15-2013, 11:56 PM   #2496
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh wow! that is very neat!
One of the features I am very much looking forward to, stops at POFQ as well, then down to DTD
Old 04-16-2013, 02:42 AM   #2497
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsclaymation View Post
I have tried doing online check in a couple of times but kept getting kicked back to the first step, so I wasn't sure if it worked or not. Tried one more time today and there was actually a confirmation page at the end and I have never seen that before. Now I think it finally worked and I'm checked in.
I think the best we can say at the moment is that the new site always works, most of the time. Or it mostly works all of the time. Always assuming you are in the USA that is, otherwise all bets are off (as is most of the website).

In short, try it and see what happens. I really do hope they get the kinks and international issues ironed out before MagicBands start to be rolled out though, as that system relies heavily on being set up in advance on the My Disney Experience site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyamy4 View Post
can anyone tell me in which order the bus picks up at each stop? i know the first stop is the south depot, but then where does it go?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angiea1114 View Post
We were there the first week in April and it varied by driver...
Officially I believe it varies more by PARK rather than by driver as the bus routes are based on the hub that the bus comes from rather than the hotel destination. MK buses for example tend to do the outer circle first and then the South Depot, and do not share with FQ. But there are no 100% hard-and-fast rules, and the computerised tracking system can dynamically adjust routes depending on time of day, demand, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abqgreene View Post
Can you get take out from Boatwrights? I REALLY want to try the desserts. Seem like a great before bed snack while my boys are asleep.
There is no official policy for this, but I guess it can't hurt to ask - if they are not too busy, who knows?

Quote:
Is this a boat that goes around the resort or does it go to another place like downtown Disney?
Yes, it goes to Downtown Disney with a stop at Port Orleans French Quarter on the way. For more information please see the FAQ in the first post, or www.portorleans.org/ferryboats.php

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-16-2013, 07:53 AM   #2498
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Hi all,
Just wanted to chime in as we've been here at POR in a RGR since late Friday night. WE have had no problems. Check-in was longer than I'd hoped at 2 in the morning, but once we got to the desk ourselves, it was pretty efficient. The RGR is lovely, and not garish as I had feared. The beds are comfortable, the pillows are ok..not great, and the room is immaculate. In fact, our housekeeper has been turning the beds down for us each day. It's lovely! The food court is a bit of a nightmare, but the busses have been more than fine, and dinner last night at Boatwrights was excellent. We especially loved our server, Jenny.

Now, I said WE have had no problems, but I can't say the same for our traveling companions. My partner's brother, his wife, and their 9 year old son are first timers here at WDW and we talked them into POR. They are only here for a brief period of time, and to be honest, POR has made it a big headache for them. They booked a RGR and at check-in were told that they had booked a standard room and were placed in one. When the wife insisted they had reserved a RGR, she was told that she did not, and there were none available. After some gentle pushing, she was told they could put her in one for her last 3 nights, but not her first...no apology, no hint at a refund for the difference. Not wanting to cause a scene, the family accepted the room and walked away. I decided this was unacceptable and we went back a few hours later to the front desk and spoke to a manager. In the meantime, the wife found her reservation confirmation which clearly stated that she'd booked a RGR and said that for her, the worst part, besides her son not getting to stay in the room he wanted was that the CM who checked her in made her feel like she was crazy, and/or was trying to get herself into a room she hadn't paid for. This is not the feeling I want anyone to have while at WDW.
Anyway, we spoke to the manager, who offered a standard, unsympathetic apology, shrugged and said the RGRs were filled and there was not much she could do. I suggested that she confirm that the difference in price had been refunded. She said, "Oh yeah, that's already happened." To be honest, I'll believe it when I see it. She then said the family could leave their bags in their current room, call bell services, go off to the parks and when they return, they'll have a RGR and their luggage will be transferred. This morning, bell services said they can't just leave their luggage in the room, and that someone would have to be there to meet bell services. When called back, they were transferred to bell services at Caribbean Beach!
So here's where we are. The family is not thrilled, and in turn, neither am I. This has been stressful since they are here for such a short time. All their luggage is stored in our room because the front desk and bell services can't make up their minds about what will happen to their luggage, and in turn, though there's been nothing wrong with our stay, it's soured me a bit on this resort. I'm a die-hard Disney fan, and will be back again and again...this was a big...doesn't happen often trip for our companions, and this is what they're dealing with.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #2499
dramaticmissy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
Online check-in now requires to have a credit card on file; it will not charge you anything. You can have it removed at check-in.
They have had a $1 charged on my account for the last 2 weeks since I did online check in, but it is only $1 I think it is to make sure your card is active.

June 1976-My first trip!
March 2006 @ POP dd's 2nd birthday
August 2007 @ SSR 11 day trip
November 2008- POP dd's 7th birthday
May 2013 Port of Orleans Riverside- All girls week
Old 04-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #2500
WorldWacky
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Hi all,
Just wanted to chime in as we've been here at POR in a RGR since late Friday night. WE have had no problems. Check-in was longer than I'd hoped at 2 in the morning, but once we got to the desk ourselves, it was pretty efficient. The RGR is lovely, and not garish as I had feared. The beds are comfortable, the pillows are ok..not great, and the room is immaculate. In fact, our housekeeper has been turning the beds down for us each day. It's lovely! The food court is a bit of a nightmare, but the busses have been more than fine, and dinner last night at Boatwrights was excellent. We especially loved our server, Jenny.

Now, I said WE have had no problems, but I can't say the same for our traveling companions. My partner's brother, his wife, and their 9 year old son are first timers here at WDW and we talked them into POR. They are only here for a brief period of time, and to be honest, POR has made it a big headache for them. They booked a RGR and at check-in were told that they had booked a standard room and were placed in one. When the wife insisted they had reserved a RGR, she was told that she did not, and there were none available. After some gentle pushing, she was told they could put her in one for her last 3 nights, but not her first...no apology, no hint at a refund for the difference. Not wanting to cause a scene, the family accepted the room and walked away. I decided this was unacceptable and we went back a few hours later to the front desk and spoke to a manager. In the meantime, the wife found her reservation confirmation which clearly stated that she'd booked a RGR and said that for her, the worst part, besides her son not getting to stay in the room he wanted was that the CM who checked her in made her feel like she was crazy, and/or was trying to get herself into a room she hadn't paid for. This is not the feeling I want anyone to have while at WDW.
Anyway, we spoke to the manager, who offered a standard, unsympathetic apology, shrugged and said the RGRs were filled and there was not much she could do. I suggested that she confirm that the difference in price had been refunded. She said, "Oh yeah, that's already happened." To be honest, I'll believe it when I see it. She then said the family could leave their bags in their current room, call bell services, go off to the parks and when they return, they'll have a RGR and their luggage will be transferred. This morning, bell services said they can't just leave their luggage in the room, and that someone would have to be there to meet bell services. When called back, they were transferred to bell services at Caribbean Beach!
So here's where we are. The family is not thrilled, and in turn, neither am I. This has been stressful since they are here for such a short time. All their luggage is stored in our room because the front desk and bell services can't make up their minds about what will happen to their luggage, and in turn, though there's been nothing wrong with our stay, it's soured me a bit on this resort. I'm a die-hard Disney fan, and will be back again and again...this was a big...doesn't happen often trip for our companions, and this is what they're dealing with.
That is VERY disappointing! I am so sorry that this is happening to your family. It would definitely put a damper on everyone's vacation. Especially because the confirmation of a RGR was produced! For a manager to be so blase about the situation is unacceptable in my opinion. A genuine apology could have gone a long way! I hope everyone has been able to have a good time despite this.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #2501
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all,

I honestly would not let this go its unacceptable I'd ask for name of supervisor of the manager you spoke with & tell them how unprofessionally this was handled & that more than likely this family will not come back and as a die hard DISNEY fan you yourself are deeply disappointed!

I'm not sure what's been going on last few yrs with Disney hospitality managers we had issues at the Poly & BC & managers actually looked bored & did very little. We weren't asking for anything more than what we paid for.

I've emailed Disney twice got calls back but nothing was really done to my knowledge nor was any apologies made.

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 04-16-2013, 08:31 AM   #2502
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi all,

This right here is why I am printing out my confirmation when we go stating a RGR! I already have all the confirmations in special folder in my email with all my ADRS.
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 04-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #2503
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Hi all,

I'm so sorry for your family We had an issue with POR front desk staff/management during our only stay there back in 2005 and its one of the reasons we haven't been back since (in fact, when DH joins us for the end of our trip we are moving to YC since he refuses to stay there anymore).

My best advice is to stay on it (even after you return). Did they book direct through WDW or with a TA (or a travel site, such as Expedia)? I am so confused as to how it happened in the first place but my heart goes out to your family as they are the ones dealing with the hassle.

Good luck and please keep us posted as to the resolution!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 04-16-2013, 09:09 AM   #2504
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Scott MC, your traveling companions experience has been mishandled from the get go. Even if you book, and pay for, a certain room category you are not guaranteed that type of room. However, the CM checking them in should have acknowledged that fact and offered up a refund of the difference immediately. Popular rooms like the Royal Rooms book up and if there's a maintenance issue and they have to remove some from the inventory this happens. That should have been explained. And then to have a manager not really care either is unacceptable. It might be worth going to the concierge desk and ask to see the general manager.

FYI, even if you have a print out of your confirmation it wouldn't help except to show you are due a refund.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:16 AM   #2505
msdaisy
Mouseketeer

That whole luggage thing not getting moved scares me. We check in on 5/31 in a preferred room, and then we move to RGR for 9 nights. My plan was to head to service desk at 7:00 am with luggage in tow so that we can check out and check back in. I figured I could leave my luggage, and we could head to Epcot for the day.

Will the resort then move our luggage to RGR when the room is ready??

2006 Offsite, 2009 Yacht Club, 2010 Offsite, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Old Key West, 2013 Port Orleans Riverside, 2013 First Trip to Disneyland! Embassy Suites North

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: