Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #2476
PJHuntleyCO
DIS Veteran

question on Wheelchair accessible rooms

We have a family of 5. We requested a handicap accessible room and it looks like they gave us a wheelchair accessible room at POR. Will this really fit a family of 5? It looks like it is just a King and a double. Which I don't think is workable for us. Any help greatly appreciated.

Me DH DS 21 DD 19 and DS 8
Old 04-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #2477
KittyKat1978
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by headedtoWDW View Post
Where do you get the gift cards in Canada? I'd never thought of doing this, but it's a great idea and would save me from having to carry around too much cash and/or my credit card.
I buy the gift card when I am in Disney. And reload it as I go.

You can't get them in Canada. Sorry.

DL - Hojo's Mar 86/ PPH Feb 12/ Hojo's May 12/ BWPPI Oct 12/ DLH Dec 12/ DLH Feb 13/ FFI Oct 14/ CI Dec 14

DCL - Sept 13 Wonder to Alaska

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #2478
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJHuntleyCO View Post
We have a family of 5. We requested a handicap accessible room and it looks like they gave us a wheelchair accessible room at POR. Will this really fit a family of 5? It looks like it is just a King and a double. Which I don't think is workable for us. Any help greatly appreciated.
There is an Alligator Bayou room option set up specifically for guests who need wheelchair access but have a family of 5 (as most of the wheelchair accessible rooms do not feature the murphy bed). They have probably allocated that for you, but you might want to give the special assistance line a call to confirm it.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #2479
PJHuntleyCO
DIS Veteran

Thanks!

Me DH DS 21 DD 19 and DS 8
Old 04-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #2480
nickgid
Earning My Ears

Hello,
I am back from our first time vacation to POR Riverside. I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU!!! To all of you on this board. We had the best time not only at the parks but also at this resort. I was able to make a room request and got exactly what we asked for! I would have never thought to do this without this link. Again, big hugs for all of your help!
Old 04-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #2481
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineOH View Post
I left the credit card part blank when i checked in online.
The site keeps changing, so some people can leave the CC info off while others can't. Seems to be a bit random and based on what the IT people are doing at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwdisney View Post
Also, when the card is asked for, is it to pay off the balance owed? We were going to pay when we arrived but wanted to do the online check in so they were aware of when we'd be arriving.
It's for charging to the room, not for payment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephyarcouette View Post
The only thing in the room request was ground floor or trundle bed, there is no mention of specific building or room, is that normal? Will I get a different online room thing 10 days before the trip?
No, the 60 days out checkin IS the online checkin now. If you want to do more specific requests, the PO site in the first post of this thread gives info on how to fax in to the assignment team.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 04-15-2013, 06:07 PM   #2482
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

When you do online check-in do you receive an email confirmation? I didn't receive one so I thought I would check with you guys because I may not even be checked in.

Thanks!

Carla
Old 04-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #2483
danicaca
Mouseketeer

I did not, but if you go back into your profile, it should now say "modify check-in" if you are indeed checked in!
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
Old 04-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #2484
mrsclaymation
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyEars View Post
When you do online check-in do you receive an email confirmation? I didn't receive one so I thought I would check with you guys because I may not even be checked in.

Thanks!

Carla
I have tried doing online check in a couple of times but kept getting kicked back to the first step, so I wasn't sure if it worked or not. Tried one more time today and there was actually a confirmation page at the end and I have never seen that before. Now I think it finally worked and I'm checked in.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #2485
zabache
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickgid View Post
Hello,
I am back from our first time vacation to POR Riverside. I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU!!! To all of you on this board. We had the best time not only at the parks but also at this resort. I was able to make a room request and got exactly what we asked for! I would have never thought to do this without this link. Again, big hugs for all of your help!
Glad you had a good time.
August, 2013-POR, 1st Trip with DS! Pics of or trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99425

April 19-26, 2014 POR in a Royal Room!Pics of Trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99421#
December 17-19 ASSp-December 19-24th AKL Kidani
Old 04-15-2013, 07:11 PM   #2486
disneyamy4
Mouseketeer

sorry, this will have been asked before but i don't really fancy flicking through 101+ pages to find out!

can anyone tell me in which order the bus picks up at each stop? i know the first stop is the south depot, but then where does it go?

i've read of people having to wait for another bus by the time it gets to the 3rd or 4th stop, especially when sharing with FQ, so i was wondering what the second stop was? :D
Old 04-15-2013, 07:26 PM   #2487
Angiea1114
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyamy4
sorry, this will have been asked before but i don't really fancy flicking through 101+ pages to find out!

can anyone tell me in which order the bus picks up at each stop? i know the first stop is the south depot, but then where does it go?

i've read of people having to wait for another bus by the time it gets to the 3rd or 4th stop, especially when sharing with FQ, so i was wondering what the second stop was? :D
We were there the first week in April and it varied by driver...
Old 04-15-2013, 08:02 PM   #2488
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicaca View Post
I did not, but if you go back into your profile, it should now say "modify check-in" if you are indeed checked in!
I went back and checked per your suggestion and "change check-in" was there. I guess I am really checked in...
Now if only the time would pass a little more quickly I'll be all set!!!

Thanks danicaca for your help!!!

Carla
Old 04-15-2013, 09:15 PM   #2489
abqgreene
Earning My Ears

Can you get take out from Boatwrights? I REALLY want to try the desserts. Seem like a great before bed snack while my boys are asleep.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #2490
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post

The site keeps changing, so some people can leave the CC info off while others can't. Seems to be a bit random and based on what the IT people are doing at the moment.

It's for charging to the room, not for payment.

No, the 60 days out checkin IS the online checkin now. If you want to do more specific requests, the PO site in the first post of this thread gives info on how to fax in to the assignment team.
Thanks for clarifying! It will be nice once the new website is free of kinks.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: