Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 08:48 PM   #2461
teacher31
DIS Veteran

And yet another teacher! We leave for a week at the dolphin and then move over to POR for the last three days. I cannot WAIT! It's been one of 'those' years.
June 2003 - POR, First trip: "We might come back once more before we die." June 2004 - POR: "Does it ever stop raining?"June 2005 - FW Cabins: "I wonder if the movers unpacked the house yet?"June 2006 - POR: "Are you going to wear that tiara all the time, Katherine?"June 2007 - POR: "Do we want to be the safari family of the day? YES!" Our dream!October 2008 - Dolphin: "Why do you want to go to Disney when you turn 40?"Thanksgiving 2008 - "Dolphin: I think I like summer better, don't you?"October 2009 - POR: "Who knew it could be so cold in October?" Freezing at MNSSHPMay 2010 - POR/Dolphin: "Why did we miss POR?" October 2010 - CS: "I think I like the dining plan. You?"
May 2011 - DOL: "How much are you going to eat, Owen?" October 2011: "I miss Katherine." May 2012: "Can we not do Universal again and go back to Disney?" You betcha.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:49 PM   #2462
zabache
DIS Veteran

Did I mention I'm a teacher too. I wish I could go right when school gets out but I will be at a workshop the week after. A bit extra $ for the trip
August, 2013-POR, 1st Trip with DS! Pics of or trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99425

April 19-26, 2014 POR in a Royal Room!Pics of Trip.
http://s3.photobucket.com/user/zabache/story/99421#
December 18-23, 2014 Ft. Wilderness Cabins
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 09:17 PM   #2463
just teachin
Earning My Ears

Wink

Y'all will never guess what I do... I'm done a full week before DH and DD (we're each in a different district!), but we're leaving the day after DH and DD are done. It's been a rough year here, too. I'm looking for our first WDW trip in June!
Old 04-14-2013, 10:33 PM   #2464
Smuckles
Suffering from Post-WDW Depression

Thanks for the suggestion for those hanging shelves. They seem like they'll work nicely.

I plan to submit a fax with a couple of requests soon, but I noticed a little bit of an inconsistency in the available advice. The sample fax mentions "two weeks" from the moment the fax is sent. PortOrleans.org recommends five days prior to arrival.

We arrive on the 22nd. Is the commonly used timeframe the five day mark?
Old 04-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #2465
Shaden
DIS Veteran

BUahaha, the trick is to teach at University, we are just going through exams now, should be done marking and all in about 10 days.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #2466
Rorey
Mouseketeer

We officially booked today, Nov. 28th to Dec. 7th at POR. This will be our first time at the resort and we are super excited about it!

**Becky**
Beach Club - October 2011, AoA and ASMo - December 2013
Numerous visits to Disneyland
Old 04-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #2467
disneymomma76

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicaca View Post
Guess what, I am a teacher as well! We arrive May 28th, and are staying until the 7th! I guess we are all getting the heck out of Dodge the second school lets out! Watch out POR, the teachers are invading!
Too funny! I teach at our local community college and am out May 17th. My hubby is an elementary principal. Kids get out May 29th. Hubby is done May 30th. Throwing the kids in the car and heading south as soon as he gets home. It is a surprise trip for the kids and I'm having a hard time keeping my mouth shut. I'm trying to figure out how to pack the car with the kids home.

The teachers are definitely invading POR. We arrive May 31st and stay until June 8th.
Old 04-15-2013, 02:32 AM   #2468
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smuckles View Post
I noticed a little bit of an inconsistency in the available advice. The sample fax mentions "two weeks" from the moment the fax is sent. PortOrleans.org recommends five days prior to arrival.
Personally, I still stick by my suggestion of around 3-5 days, unless there are special reasons for sending it earlier (medical requests, etc). This is because that is the timeframe when the room assignment team tends to start working on any specific room blocking that might be required. Two weeks in advance seems to work fine for many people though, but I feel there is the danger that your fax might sit in an in-tray for a while rather than being 'current' when it arrives. Oh, and I usually suggest not addressing your faxes to any particular individual, just send it to the team.

Just my 2c worth anyway, you're free to do whatever you wish!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 04-15-2013, 06:25 AM   #2469
elfling8
Mouseketeer

Another teacher here, on April vacation and leaving today!!!
I'm an assistant teacher at a preschool part time, 3 yr old class I've been telling them all week that I'm going to see Mickey! Actually I have more requests to say hi to Buzz than anyone else.

Me DH
DD10 DS8
Old 04-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #2470
stephyarcouette
Earning My Ears

haha!! another teacher here but took this year off to be with kiddos while Daddy is overseas!

Question: my reservation page says I can check in online (I'm Canadian so the site is different I believe). Now it asked me for a credit card and time of arrival and a room request.
The only thing in the room request was ground floor or trundle bed, there is no mention of specific building or room, is that normal? Will I get a different online room thing 10 days before the trip?
Old 04-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #2471
mom0299
DIS Veteran

I'm a teacher, too! Well, an elementary librarian. Does that count?

We will be there June 7-15.

Disneymoon @ Dixie Landings - 1993 Family Trip @ CR - 2004 Family Trip @ CSR - 2006 Family Christmas Trip @ All Star Sports - 2006 New Year Grand Gathering @ Pop - 2007/2008 Family Christmas Trip @ CBR - 2010 Family Trip @ POR - 2013
Old 04-15-2013, 10:45 AM   #2472
Southern Bell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanInMN View Post
Our kids are grown-up, sort-of. So we are considering a no-kids visit to POR this fall for a week sometime in Aug/Sept/Oct. We have been to DW many times. We are thinking about a no-parks trip. Just hang out at POR, swim, boat ride to DTD, peek at some of the fancy resorts, eat, etc. My wife loves to just lay around and get sun burned, however I get bored quickly. Has anyone done this? How did it go?
Well I can understand why people would do that! But if I go to Disney I have to see all of Disney that I can! LOL! Thats just me! LOL!

My husband and I went to Disney for the first time by ourselves last october 2012 and took advantage of the cheaper room rates and free Dining. We have always went on our vacations (Disney and elsewhere)with someone, our parents, siblings, nieces, cousins, children and now grandchildren.

It was relaxing and a little odd just asking each other where we wanted to eat and go! LOL! Where not used to that! LOL! Loved it and I would recommend anyone who loves Disney to go at least once in their lives by themselves no matter what you choose to do! That was the fun of it! We got to do what we wanted and when we wanted! LOL!
Old 04-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #2473
klwdisney
DIS Veteran

I have been trying to 2 weeks to do the online check in on Disney's site. I get to the credit card part and then i get these continuous "stack overflow" type pop up messages and I can't go any further and I have to get off the internet completely to get off that site. GRRR!!! Has anyone else had this issue???

Also, when the card is asked for, is it to pay off the balance owed? We were going to pay when we arrived but wanted to do the online check in so they were aware of when we'd be arriving.

9/86 - Poly (with family), 11/97 - Honeymoon @ Hyatt Orlando, 3/99 - POR, 11/00 - ASMo,
10/05 - POP Century, 9/07 - 10th anniversary POR, 5/08 - POFQ with Just Mom!5/09 - Moonsoon Trip to CBR, 5/12 with Mom at POR, POR/POLY 5/13 Bday with mom & friends, NEXT UP: November 2014 Contemporary Garden Wing for the Food & Wine Festival with Mom!

Old 04-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #2474
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwdisney View Post
I have been trying to 2 weeks to do the online check in on Disney's site. I get to the credit card part and then i get these continuous "stack overflow" type pop up messages and I can't go any further and I have to get off the internet completely to get off that site. GRRR!!! Has anyone else had this issue???

Also, when the card is asked for, is it to pay off the balance owed? We were going to pay when we arrived but wanted to do the online check in so they were aware of when we'd be arriving.
Online check-in now requires to have a credit card on file; it will not charge you anything. You can have it removed at check-in.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:22 AM   #2475
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klwdisney View Post

I left the credit card part blank when i checked in online. I have a package, and my trip was already paid off. It may be different for room only, which it sounds like you have. They ask for your card to have your number on file, like any other hotel.
I can't help with your tech issues. Sorry! You may just have to call.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: