Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #2446
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmypuff07 View Post
We are staying at the Art of animation Aug.29-sept.2nd. I was thinking of possibly switching from the little mermaid standard room to a Port Orleans riverside Royal guest room. The resort looks really neat and the walk from the bus stop looks a lot shorter (the walk from AOA standard rooms is 10 min or longer). Would anybody recommend this? are the rooms pretty neat?
Having stayed in both rooms, I would pick the Royal Room hands down. We just got back yesterday and loved everything about it.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #2447
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
Having stayed in both rooms, I would pick the Royal Room hands down. We just got back yesterday and loved everything about it.
Same here (although we won't be staying in the Royal Room until June.) The AOA LM rooms are FAR out, and the resort feels overrun with little ones and teenage groups due to the fact that most of the buildings have suites = room for more little ones. We are a couple without kids, so we prefer the quiet"er" feel of Port Orleans (FQ and Riverside.) Can't wait to see our Royal Room!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-14-2013, 03:09 PM   #2448
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Same here (although we won't be staying in the Royal Room until June.) The AOA LM rooms are FAR out, and the resort feels overrun with little ones and teenage groups due to the fact that most of the buildings have suites = room for more little ones. We are a couple without kids, so we prefer the quiet"er" feel of Port Orleans (FQ and Riverside.) Can't wait to see our Royal Room!
You are going to LOVE it! I looked at all of the pictures online of the RR and was still blown away.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:14 PM   #2449
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by czmom View Post
You are going to LOVE it! I looked at all of the pictures online of the RR and was still blown away.
YAY Thanks! You just made me even more excited!!
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
Old 04-14-2013, 03:15 PM   #2450
dutchdisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

We're staying in a RR in June as well. The kids don't know, it's a surprise. I've stayed in that area before the refurb and loved it. It is so relaxing and the themeing is amazing. You won't be sorry if you make the switch.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:21 PM   #2451
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchdisneyfamily View Post
We're staying in a RR in June as well. The kids don't know, it's a surprise. I've stayed in that area before the refurb and loved it. It is so relaxing and the themeing is amazing. You won't be sorry if you make the switch.
Based on your ticker it looks like we'll be there at the same time Can't wait! I'm a teacher, and we're leaving the day after school gets out. It'll be a great way to wrap up the school year!
Old 04-14-2013, 03:59 PM   #2452
dutchdisneyfamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Based on your ticker it looks like we'll be there at the same time Can't wait! I'm a teacher, and we're leaving the day after school gets out. It'll be a great way to wrap up the school year!
I am also a teacher and we're leaving a couple days after school gets out. Maybe I'll see you down there! We booked a pool view room. Can. Not. Wait!
Old 04-14-2013, 05:15 PM   #2453
melneapril
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchdisneyfamily View Post

I am also a teacher and we're leaving a couple days after school gets out. Maybe I'll see you down there! We booked a pool view room. Can. Not. Wait!
Haha! Me three... I'm a teacher who will be at POR the second week of June. It'll be my first trip ever to Disney and I am equally as excited!!
Old 04-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #2454
j2thomason
Mouseketeer

I am also a teacher and I'm taking my mom who is an 85 year old retired teacher. We will be there June 11-13. She can only handle one park per trip. We go every year after I get out if school and go to a different park each year. We normally stay in a value resort, but I decided it was time to step it up. So this is our first stay at POR. I can't wait!

WDW preview center 1971, WDW 20 times, DL 3 times, Disney Cruise 1 time, DL Paris 1 time, Upcoming: MK, AK & DHS May 1-5, DL & DCA May 27-31, MK June 12
1 Disney cruise
1 Disneyland Paris trip
Always planning my next Disney trip!
°O°

Old 04-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #2455
CareHeartsDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pygmypuff07 View Post
We are staying at the Art of animation Aug.29-sept.2nd. I was thinking of possibly switching from the little mermaid standard room to a Port Orleans riverside Royal guest room. The resort looks really neat and the walk from the bus stop looks a lot shorter (the walk from AOA standard rooms is 10 min or longer). Would anybody recommend this? are the rooms pretty neat?
My boys and I stayed at AoA in a Cars suite in Oct. and at POR in Feb. in Magnolia Terrace (not a royal room). We all loved POR. We liked it better than AoA. While AoA is really nice, especially the Cars section, we found POR to be more relaxing and the common areas were much quieter. The kids said that they liked it almost as much as the Poly and it's a lot less expensive than the Poly. We would definitely stay at POR again!

WDW Trips - Offsite: 3/93, 1/94, 3/94, 2/96, 11/12 (MVMCP while visiting Universal Studios); Onsite: 4/95 WL, 11/08 CSR, 11/11 Poly, 10/12 AoA Cars Suite, 2/13 POR, 2/14 POR

Universal Orlando Trips - Offsite: 3/94, 12/97; Onsite: 11/11 HRH, 11/12 HRH, 2/14 PBH
Old 04-14-2013, 07:00 PM   #2456
Reagan&Co.
DIS Veteran

Hello all! We are staying in POR for the first time......looking forward to using the Murphy bed in the Alligator area. I saw somewhere that there is an age/weight limit? Does anyone know what that is? Or what their family member was sized when they tried it?? Thanks!
October 2009 POP Free Dining!!!
June 2010 Skipped Disney for Harry Potter
May 2013 POR
May 2014 Disney Dream
Old 04-14-2013, 07:02 PM   #2457
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reagan&Co. View Post
Hello all! We are staying in POR for the first time......looking forward to using the Murphy bed in the Alligator area. I saw somewhere that there is an age/weight limit? Does anyone know what that is? Or what their family member was sized when they tried it?? Thanks!
There's no age or weight limit. It is only 63 inches long though, so you need to take that into consideration.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:18 PM   #2458
abqgreene
Earning My Ears

Another teacher here. I'll be there with my family, my dad, brother and his kids first week in June.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #2459
danicaca
Mouseketeer

Guess what, I am a teacher as well! We arrive May 28th, and are staying until the 7th! I guess we are all getting the heck out of Dodge the second school lets out! Watch out POR, the teachers are invading!
No countdown for now, but a trip in December of this year or perhaps next is in the works - woo hoo!
Old 04-14-2013, 08:43 PM   #2460
ahaney
Earning My Ears

Another teacher! We are staying June 14-22!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: