Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #2416
planplan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smuckles View Post
I've never noticed this before, but after recently seeing a room tour video I saw that POR rooms have basically no drawers for clothing. I know that there are three drawers under the television/folding bed fixture, but those seem rather small.

We're arriving on the 22nd, so there's additional time for preparation. What do you guys do about storing clothing when staying at POR? Pulling from suitcases doesn't seem that great.
Bring a bunch of extra hangers.....hang your shirts on the five ft long bathroom rack and the whole top is a flat surface to toss up shorts etc.etc.
Old 04-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #2417
hineline07
Earning My Ears

Leaving POR as I write this after our first disney trip... All I can say is wow! Such a beautiful resort, we enjoyed every single thing about It! My DD especially enjoyed all the creatures free roaming around all the beautiful scenery.. She said it was like we were in an actual disney movie where the animals are your friends, bunnies, birds, lizards, and squirrels!! She felt like a princess the entire time, even on the bus she was introduced as a princess as she came on! Everyone was so helpful and super nice! Hate to be leaving but can't wait until our next trip!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-13-2013, 12:30 PM   #2418
ahaney
Earning My Ears

Just booked our first stay at POR! June 14-22! Can't wait 😄
Old 04-13-2013, 12:45 PM   #2419
joanzie72
Mouseketeer

clothes storage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smuckles View Post
I've never noticed this before, but after recently seeing a room tour video I saw that POR rooms have basically no drawers for clothing. I know that there are three drawers under the television/folding bed fixture, but those seem rather small.

We're arriving on the 22nd, so there's additional time for preparation. What do you guys do about storing clothing when staying at POR? Pulling from suitcases doesn't seem that great.
Get one or two of these

http://www.amazon.com/Whitmor-6351-1...=hanging+shelf
The comical DS (6)

Old 04-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #2420
LaurenM
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to be in POR for the first time next month!

Old 04-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #2421
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hineline07 View Post
Leaving POR as I write this after our first disney trip... All I can say is wow! Such a beautiful resort, we enjoyed every single thing about It! My DD especially enjoyed all the creatures free roaming around all the beautiful scenery.. She said it was like we were in an actual disney movie where the animals are your friends, bunnies, birds, lizards, and squirrels!! She felt like a princess the entire time, even on the bus she was introduced as a princess as she came on! Everyone was so helpful and super nice! Hate to be leaving but can't wait until our next trip!
Aww! So cute &. I am super excited for our trip! 30 days
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 04-13-2013, 04:53 PM   #2422
czmom
DIS Veteran

Just spent 3 nights at POR in a Royal Room and loved it! The CMs were fantastic, food court was good, bus service was super, and Yeeha Bob was awesome!! My daughter had a blast with all of the pool activities. Our room was standard but we were in Oak Manor 9422 and I thought it had a great view. It was very clean and our mousekeeper left us the cutest things.
We are DVC owners and stayed here so my DD6 could enjoy the Royal Room. It was totally worth it!
Old 04-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #2423
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Got our mickey mail on Thursday! 29 days to go. Now that my DD's surgery is over today, can breathe again. A lot of things to do to get ready.

They didn't send enough ME tags. I assume it is no problem to call and request more. We had requested 2 each before they were sent but they only gave 1 each. Not sure we willbring 2 each but free bags so want to have the option.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 04-13-2013, 07:40 PM   #2424
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Vespa View Post
We will be there at the end of May, staying at POR in the preferred rooms. Is there any difference between the preferred rooms buildings? I haven't stayed there in close to 20 years (Dixie Landings maybe?) and am excited to be staying there again. Usually I am too cheap and stay at the values but this will be my 40th birthday weekend and I am splurging! I know the preferred rooms are closer to transportation and main building, but is there any difference between the buildings? Any specific # any better than the other? Any other useful advise/tips from those who are POR regulars?

Thanks!
Hi - I can't answer your question since I have never been! But, wanted to add we will be at POR the end of May too! Also, turning 40! Yayyyyy!
Old 04-13-2013, 07:46 PM   #2425
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Yay, we booked today! Going in October and since I'm running the TOT 10miler I got to book through the rundisney people and got a lovely rate. Can't beat that!

Just a standard room this time so I'll have to review Andre's site since last time we were in a royal room!

And it's 5 nights instead of the much shorter stay pre-cruise. It's all very very good.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #2426
dramaticmissy
Mouseketeer

I have tried to look on several sites including Portorleans.org and still can not find a map with the designated smoking areas. I understand others do not smoke but we do, we have went to electronic cigarettes but still want to be in the right area. Which building in the preferred area is the closest to a smoking area?

June 1976-My first trip!
March 2006 @ POP dd's 2nd birthday
August 2007 @ SSR 11 day trip
November 2008- POP dd's 7th birthday
May 2013 Port of Orleans Riverside- All girls week
Old 04-13-2013, 08:14 PM   #2427
sophie832
Addicted to DL and WDW!

Just checked in around 5pm today. I had requested Magnolia Bend, but our room is in Bldg 24 of AB. The woman checking us in tried to see if there were any MB rooms available, but there weren't.

That being said, we are actually fine with the room. It is very close to the West bust depot, and the building has its own quiet pool. DH loves the trundle bed, even though we can't use it (just the two of us). Our view truly is standard (parking lot), but that never mattered to us anyway. Overall, we are happy with the atmosphere at POR, and no rain yet!
January 2011 Dining Review!
Old 04-13-2013, 08:46 PM   #2428
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaticmissy View Post
I have tried to look on several sites including Portorleans.org and still can not find a map with the designated smoking areas. I understand others do not smoke but we do, we have went to electronic cigarettes but still want to be in the right area. Which building in the preferred area is the closest to a smoking area?
Go to http://portorleans.org/maps-and-directions.php and click on the link for Port Orleans Resort Map.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:03 PM   #2429
headedtoWDW
Earning My Ears

I had wonderful luck with our room request, we got everything we wanted! HUGE thanks to Andre, Venom Hatch and everyone else whose advice was so invaluable! Cannot wait to arrive at POR next week!

Last edited by headedtoWDW; 04-13-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:22 PM   #2430
4butlers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by headedtoWDW View Post
I had wonderful luck with our room request, we got everything we wanted! HUGE thanks to Andre, Venom Hatch and everyone else whose advice was so invaluable! Cannot wait to arrive at POR next week!
I'm just curious how you know you were granted all your requests if you haven't checked in yet? Did you get an email confirmation?

2003-DLR; 2004-DLR; 2006-DLR
2011-WDW POR; 2011-DCL Dream Bahamas
2013-WDW POR; 2013-DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: