Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #2311
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

I'm sure this has been answered over 1000 times! But, I can't find it & I'm on my commute.... Will bell service deliver Items from Garden Grocer to your room??? I will tip for sure.
Old 04-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #2312
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboyz3
I'm sure this has been answered over 1000 times! But, I can't find it & I'm on my commute.... Will bell service deliver Items from Garden Grocer to your room??? I will tip for sure.
Yup!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #2313
stephyarcouette
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by zy144622 View Post
I would be at the bus stop 1.5 hours before park opens myself. We love the extra time in MK in the morning when no one is there. We take lots of photos and take to CM. I have not done an early AK day but its the longest bus rise too.
YIKES!!! 6:30am at the bus stop!!! oouuf!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #2314
momofboyz3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

Yup!
Thanks- dansdad!
Old 04-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #2315
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if the set up of the fridge is like the Poly? Do you have to leave the cabinet doirs open of the fridge gets too hot?

Also if we want to be at the parks for rope drop (not emh) 9 am openings. What time should we plan to be at the bus stop? 8, 815? What about DHS since they don't do rope drop.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 04-09-2013, 11:12 AM   #2316
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jack View Post
So I was just wondering if milk was sold at the POR convenience store? Is it a gallon or half gallon and about how much does it cost (probably a small fortune, but it is Disney so I expect that!!)
Bell Services do have refrigerated storage should you need it, but otherwise the hotel store sells milk up to half-gallon cartons, and water up to gallon cartons. And yes, it's not cheap - but I guess in the grand scheme of Disney Vacation prices, a dollar or two here and there really isn't that big an issue when you think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephyarcouette View Post
Question though...if we want to fill our little fridge with things like milk (for me and hubs), beer ( for the kids!!)(kidding, really just kidding!) and some snacks to have around, is it best to a) cab it to grocery store and pick up those things, b) Graden grocer or c) POR convenience store?
Cost wise, Garden Grocer would be your best bet (a cab wouldn't pay for itself for just a few groceries). The hotel shop is very convenient, but a little pricey and only a limited range.

All that said, a trip out to a local WalMart by cab would more than pay for itself if you also buy some Disney tee-shirts/souvenirs/etc there too. They have a massive range, which OK are a bit different to the in-park items, but are the kids really going to be worried? (they'll probably still be too drunk from all the beer to notice anyway )

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofboyz3 View Post
Yes, but you need to request them to do it, and you also need to be in your room to receive it (they won't leave it for you while you are out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
Does anyone know if the set up of the fridge is like the Poly? Do you have to leave the cabinet doirs open of the fridge gets too hot?

Also if we want to be at the parks for rope drop (not emh) 9 am openings. What time should we plan to be at the bus stop? 8, 815? What about DHS since they don't do rope drop.
No need to leave the front cabinet door open, unless there's a fault anyway.

I'd suggest allowing a good hour before the time you actually want to be at the rope. Getting to the bus stop at 8:15am might work, but if you just miss one bus and have to wait 20 mins for the next, you might be cutting it fine to walk from the bus, get through bag-check, ticket entrance, etc.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14

Last edited by andrewilley; 04-09-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #2317
LovingDisny
I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
I wanted to post a picture that was all black and say "or did you mean from the outside?" But I was at work and couldn't find one.
2004- CBR with hubby & oldest son
2010- POR with hubby & both boys
2013- POR with hubby & both boys AGAIN!
2015- Me, hubby & both boys - we are thinking Coronado Springs -
Old 04-09-2013, 03:51 PM   #2318
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
What time should we plan to be at the bus stop? 8, 815? What about DHS since they don't do rope drop.
Just in case you have any little hopeful Jedi in your party, DHS does an informal opening at who knows WHAT time; I read the other day that they opened the gates at 8:15 (for a 9am opening) some time last week, and they start the Jedi signups very early. So if you get there right before opening, you might lose out on a decent Jedi time or ANY Jedi time. Just to make sure you know that.

Of course you could also end up standing around for half an hour, but if the Jedi Academy is important to anyone in your party, it still might be worth it.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
Old 04-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #2319
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
Just in case you have any little hopeful Jedi in your party, DHS does an informal opening at who knows WHAT time; I read the other day that they opened the gates at 8:15 (for a 9am opening) some time last week, and they start the Jedi signups very early. So if you get there right before opening, you might lose out on a decent Jedi time or ANY Jedi time. Just to make sure you know that.

Of course you could also end up standing around for half an hour, but if the Jedi Academy is important to anyone in your party, it still might be worth it.
Don't think we will be doing it this trip my younger DD is the one who really wanted to do it but unfortunately she won't turn 4 until 4 or 5 days after we are at HS. But we do want to ride and FP TSM so we do want to be there at 830 I take it.
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 04-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #2320
BMC423
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaticmissy View Post

I will tip too but not doing the envelope decorating thing!
We normally tip a dollar a day per person so for us it 3 a day. As far as the envelopes go, we use regular envelopes and decorate them with the stickers they mail out for the Disney movie club.
2012 - Caribbean Beach 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 04-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #2321
4butlers
DIS Veteran

I totally do the cute envelope thing!

2003-DLR; 2004-DLR; 2006-DLR
2011-WDW POR; 2011-DCL Dream Bahamas
2013-WDW POR; 2013-DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
2014-DLR
Old 04-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #2322
Eeyore's My Favorite
EW Disney Mom

Just got back this afternoon from an amazing 3 day stay at POR & DH & I are hooked. We hadn't been there in about 10+ years and decided to try it once more.

We got a preferred room in AB, Building 18, First floor. Everything was great, room clean & ready when we arrived at 11:30am & online check in had made everything a breeze. The room was actually bigger than we remembered. Met with concierge and scheduled a carriage ride for that same night and it was magical. We were lucky enough to get Lori and her horse, Tom. Lori had been highlighted in an article in allears.net & we talked about that. We opted to go through the FQ since we'd never stayed there. Glad we did it because we decided it wasn't for us & we're glad we chose Riverside.

The resort wasn't very full at all. The only crowds we saw was on Monday morning trying to catch the bus to the MK so we could take the boat to WL for breakfast reservations. Guess everyone decided they wanted to be there for rope drop, although with the size of the crowd when we arrived at the MK I don't think they could have made it through bag check in time for rope drop & we got there at 8:15 to wait for a bus.

Did the boat ride to DTD twice this trip, and it was relaxing. Spent last night just wandering around the resort and relaxing. Only thing we didn't wander over to was the mansions to take in the movies. It was Alice in Wonderland last night & we weren't interested in that. We didn't find the quiet pool behind our building until later last night, but now know what we'll enjoy next time. I'm already trying to talk him into another 3 day trip in September as soon as the AP rates are released.

Thank you to everyone for all their help & input on our trip. You guys made it very "magical and stress free".

Well - the AP's have run out so it's time to begin saving again for the big 30th Wedding Anniversary Celebration.

AKL, CBR, WL, POP, POR, ASMo, ASMu, AS Sports, Fort Wilderness -1973-Grad Night : 1st WDW visit the year it opened!!
Old 04-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #2323
stephyarcouette
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

Cost wise, Garden Grocer would be your best bet (a cab wouldn't pay for itself for just a few groceries). The hotel shop is very convenient, but a little pricey and only a limited range.

All that said, a trip out to a local WalMart by cab would more than pay for itself if you also buy some Disney tee-shirts/souvenirs/etc there too. They have a massive range, which OK are a bit different to the in-park items, but are the kids really going to be worried? (they'll probably still be too drunk from all the beer to notice anyway )

Andre
Baaahhhhaaaa!!!! Good call on the Disney souvenirs!!! Thanks! So do you know which wal mart would be closest if we go from DTD?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:29 PM   #2324
katiereeve
Earning My Ears

OK POR experts...what's your fave meal at Boatwright's...or do you just prefer the food court? Thanks!
Old 04-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #2325
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4butlers View Post
I totally do the cute envelope thing!
Me too! We don't make a lot of ADRs, so it's one of the few things I can do to plan leading up to the trip
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: