Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 07:58 AM   #2131
Carlyzmom
AXIOM Crew Member
I see naked people all the time that are NOT pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
All resorts have ice machines. Check out the maps here and click on each individual building and you'll be able to see where the machines are located.
Perfect! Thanks!! I can't believe that all this time I didn't realize you could click on the building for the floor plan!!! Duh! I was wondering how people could request certain rooms!! Thanks a bunch!!
1995 Disneyland Hotel - California
1997 Fort Wilderness
1998 Fort Wilderness
2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013 Port Orleans Riverside

Me DH DD 13 DS 11
Old 04-04-2013, 08:02 AM   #2132
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqidoc View Post
I stayed at Old Key West ... they had a wonderful Jetted tub in the master room. It was really more like a jaccuzzi. After a long day at the parks myself and the dd's sat there, myself inside the girls with their feet in. It was heavenly
Thank you
I will look into that for my next trip hoping to go when it is all decorated for Christmas

Me DH (Won't fly, not going) Kyle DS (12yrs old)
1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
2012~Disneyland (only 1 day)
2013 ~POR/Hardrock Universal
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #2133
stephyarcouette
Earning My Ears

yeah..I think I figured out this ticker thing!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #2134
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
Oh, trust me, we don't sit on the benches, but it's still a tricky situation. Example: We walk up and there are people sitting on the benches, so we hang back, not wanting to stand on the curb and cut in front of them. We wait a while and then a bus pulls up. People walk right up, past us, past the people on the benches, and get on the bus.

Aw, Yay! I'm so glad to know there are other caring people out there like us! We don't really let it get to us too much and actually prefer to stand on the bus, but when it's happened SO many times and there have been some really rude incidents it creates that negative connotation when someone brings it up, you know?
I take the train to work and this is pretty much a daily occurance for me. So that's probably why we don't use the buses at Disney and we always have a rental car.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 04-04-2013, 11:43 AM   #2135
WDW1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyap View Post
Please help me decide. The summer sale would save us about $400 if we switched from our current reservation at POFQ to a "preferred" room reservation at POR. Need advice on the rooms, location, etc that would help me decide. Is POFQ nicer? updated? more convenient? Please help!!!!!
This would be an easy decision for me: POR preferred view.

I like POR due to its beautiful grounds and serene atmoshpere, which IMHO is not there at at POFQ. And with a preferred view, you are close to the main pool, Riverside Mill food court, and the building with the hotel front desk.

I have stayed at many Disney resorts, from value to moderate to deluxe to villas, and POR is my favorite resort for the reasons cited above.
1979 June: Days Lodge Kissimmee - 1991 August: Rental house Orlando - 1997 May: Dixie Landings - 1998 May: Dixie Landings and Polynesian - 1999 July: Wilderness Lodge - 2000 May: Wilderness Lodge, Dixie Landings and Grand Floridian - 2002 April: Dixie Landings - 2002 May: Newport Bay Club at Disneyland Paris - 2003 May: Residence Inn LBV - 2004 April: Villas at Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club Villas - 2005 January/Feb: Fort Wilderness Cabins, Royal Pacific, Hilton - 2005 May: Hampton Inn and Riverside (POR) - 2006 January: Fort Wilderness Cabins and Beach Club Villas - 2007 March: Riverside (POR) - 2008 May: Pop Century - 2008 August: Embassy Suites Int'l Drive - 2009 July: Disneyland Hotel Hong Kong - 2009 Christmas: Wilderness Lodge and Homewood Suites - 2011 March: Riverside (POR), Fort Wilderness - 2012 March: Riverside (POR), Fort Wilderness - 2013 August: Contemporary, Riverside (POR) - 2014 March: Riverside (POR)
Old 04-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #2136
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyzmom View Post
Perfect! Thanks!! I can't believe that all this time I didn't realize you could click on the building for the floor plan!!! Duh! I was wondering how people could request certain rooms!! Thanks a bunch!!
I wouldn't recommend it because if the room you want isn't available they're not going to know why you wanted it and therefore aren't going to know what a suitable substitute would be. (And actually, Andre just recently added the floor plans.)
Old 04-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #2137
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I wouldn't recommend it because if the room you want isn't available they're not going to know why you wanted it and therefore aren't going to know what a suitable substitute would be. (And actually, Andre just recently added the floor plans.)
Though you can do both, request your general requests and then add specific rooms with "If it would be at all possible, we would especially love room --- --- or --- "

Old 04-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #2138
Carlyzmom
AXIOM Crew Member
I see naked people all the time that are NOT pretty

Quote:
I wasn't going to ask for a specific room. It doesn't really matter to me. I will just request a building.
1995 Disneyland Hotel - California
1997 Fort Wilderness
1998 Fort Wilderness
2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013 Port Orleans Riverside

Me DH DD 13 DS 11
Old 04-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #2139
purplegirl1818
Planning my DFTW!

Question

Hi all - I have a random question about an upcoming trip. I've booked the 'Magic your Way' program which includes free disney quest admission, free mini golf, that kinda stuff. I was wondering if anyone knows when we get those passes/discounts? Is it when we check in at POR?

thanks!

Old 04-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #2140
ohnowewontgo
Disney here We Come

It took 28 minutes and 25 gift cards, but my package is paid off AND we applied the summer discount. Woohoo! 107 days out! I hate that the website is so janky I couldn't make payments on it. I just put a poor phone rep through adding in all those giftcards. She sure was cheerful about it though!

Old 04-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #2141
nonstopdisneymom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplegirl1818 View Post
Hi all - I have a random question about an upcoming trip. I've booked the 'Magic your Way' program which includes free disney quest admission, free mini golf, that kinda stuff. I was wondering if anyone knows when we get those passes/discounts? Is it when we check in at POR?

thanks!
That will come about 2-3 weeks before your vacation date. It's what we all happily refer to as "Mickey Mail". You'll get vouchers for quest, golf, etc as well as some luggage tags.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #2142
MINRK
Earning My Ears

Quote:

thanks!
I received mine in the mail 30 days before check in, but have seen others get mail between 12-40 days out. You will get luggage tags and a coupon book.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:53 PM   #2143
hockeymom3
Mouseketeer

Quote:

thanks!
Also, not sure how many of you there are but for mini golf and Disney Quest you only get two tickets....we are a family of five, so not much of a "bonus"

Second Family Disney Trip April 30 - May 8, 2013 POR
First Family Disney Trip May 2-12, 2009 AKL/WL
Old 04-04-2013, 05:17 PM   #2144
CluelessDisFan
DIS Veteran

Any one have any tips when it comes to the bus stops at POR? My first time at POR is coming up fast. I know there are 3 stops. I'm traveling with my Mom who's handicapped and my 2 littlest both under 3. I'd like to be first on the bus, because we'll need seats.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:28 PM   #2145
EpcotBill
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CluelessDisFan View Post
Any one have any tips when it comes to the bus stops at POR? My first time at POR is coming up fast. I know there are 3 stops. I'm traveling with my Mom who's handicapped and my 2 littlest both under 3. I'd like to be first on the bus, because we'll need seats.
There are 4 stops not 3.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: