Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 01:12 PM   #2101
hockeymom3
Mouseketeer

Seems to me Venom was in the midst of a move.

Second Family Disney Trip April 30 - May 8, 2013 POR
First Family Disney Trip May 2-12, 2009 AKL/WL
Old 04-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #2102
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyap View Post
Please help me decide. The summer sale would save us about $400 if we switched from our current reservation at POFQ to a "preferred" room reservation at POR.
$400 less for an upgraded room? Yes, I'd go for it! The Preferred status gets around the biggest advantage that a lot of people cite for POFQ, namely the smaller size keeping walking distances shorter. All of the preferred locations are close to the main building, the restaurants, and also to the main bus stop. See also www.portorleans.org/faqs.php#Choice for a more general discussion on the differences between the different parts of Port Orleans. You just need to be aware that the room theming in Alligator Bayou section (where all the preferred rooms are located) is quite different, more "rustic" and woodsy in style, but still charming and great fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raider97 View Post
About what time will the campfire take place in June?
Probably 7:30pm if they follow last year's pattern (see the historical schedules at www.portorleans.org/recreation-activites-schedule.php)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinggirl View Post
Are there any rooms that have hot tubs in them anywhere inside Disney?
Well certainly not at Port Orleans Riverside, which is what this thread is about - but maybe some of the DVC villas might? I'm not sure to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheer25mom View Post
I have swapped our ressies around of couple of times, and had to rebook once becuase we went from package to room only so my room request was lost. Should I call and add that request before I do online checkin? We booked garden view and would really like to be in the mansion section close to the bridge to Old Man Island. Should I word it this way or is there a better way to explain what i want?
Yes, it's a good idea to have your requests noted in detail in your booking. They can add as much free-form text as you ask them to, but get them to read it back to you to make sure it still makes sense. Your wording is just fine. You can't add that sort of detail via online checkin by the way, there is no free-form text field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3rf View Post
and do they do a disney movie night?

Cant seem to find that info anywhere would be awesome!
I'm not sure how hard it was to search for "movie" in this thread but yes they do indeed. There is an outdoor movie screening every night in the courtyard in front of Oak Manor. I post the monthly schedules in this thread, and also on www.portorleans.org/recreation-activites-schedule.php.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myjourney View Post
Hopefully we will not have to do this but are 5 plus an infant allowed in POR AB? It would be 4 adults a 3 year old and an infant.
Yes, that's fine for a booking. A bit of a squeeze of course, but I'm sure you already know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyEars View Post
Anyone know where Venom is? I haven't "seen" him on here in awhile.
He was a bit tied up with a house move I believe, and some stuff at work too I think. I'm sure he'll be along again soon.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #2103
Carlyzmom
AXIOM Crew Member
I see naked people all the time that are NOT pretty

Queston for Andre:

So, for a Thursday arrival (June 20), would you fax your request on the Friday before or the Monday before? Thanks.
1995 Disneyland Hotel - California
1997 Fort Wilderness
1998 Fort Wilderness
2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013 Port Orleans Riverside

Me DH DD 13 DS 10
Old 04-03-2013, 02:41 PM   #2104
stephyarcouette
Earning My Ears

ok I received the yellow luggage tags last week that says Port Orleans on them and then today I received a booklet of vouchers and some more luggage tags, this time hard plastic ones with Mickey on them. Do I need to put both luggage tags on my luggage for the ME? Also I reserved for 4 people, why did I receive 6 hard Mickey luggage tags?
Old 04-03-2013, 02:43 PM   #2105
n3rf
My Ears are growing, can you see them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
You can see a recreation schedule on portorleans.org. It will be similar each month.
oh excellent, had no idea they were all similar, thanks will check it out ASAP
Old 04-03-2013, 02:49 PM   #2106
n3rf
My Ears are growing, can you see them

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

I'm not sure how hard it was to search for "movie" in this thread but yes they do indeed. There is an outdoor movie screening every night in the courtyard in front of Oak Manor. I post the monthly schedules in this thread, and also on www.portorleans.org/recreation-activites-schedule.php.

Andre
worked!

thanks and will def check the link want to be ready to hit the resort running (or riding)
Old 04-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #2107
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephyarcouette View Post
ok I received the yellow luggage tags last week that says Port Orleans on them and then today I received a booklet of vouchers and some more luggage tags, this time hard plastic ones with Mickey on them. Do I need to put both luggage tags on my luggage for the ME? Also I reserved for 4 people, why did I receive 6 hard Mickey luggage tags?
Only the yellow tags are necessary for DME. The hard plastic ones are just for identification - there should be a card to fill out your name and address. I don't know why you received 6.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #2108
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
I don't know why you received 6.

My last 3 trips have been solo and I have always received 2 hard luggage tags, but only one yellow tag.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:44 PM   #2109
Suelala
Mouseketeer

I think they are allowing for two suitcases per person...we also got 2 hard tags each. I used one, and had one for my scrapbook!
Old 04-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #2110
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckers View Post
My last 3 trips have been solo and I have always received 2 hard luggage tags, but only one yellow tag.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suelala View Post
I think they are allowing for two suitcases per person...we also got 2 hard tags each. I used one, and had one for my scrapbook!
But stephyarcouette got 6 hard tags for a group of 4, which isn't 2 tags per person.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #2111
crazy4wdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinggirl View Post
Are there any rooms that have hot tubs in them anywhere inside Disney?
I think the one and two bedroom villas in the DVC resorts have whirlpool tubs in them. You will not find them in the rooms at the Port Orleans Resorts.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:01 PM   #2112
Chuckers
Missing my day trips to Disneyland :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
But stephyarcouette got 6 hard tags for a group of 4, which isn't 2 tags per person.
Are they 2 adults and 2 kids? maybe 2 per adult 1 per child?
Old 04-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #2113
Suelala
Mouseketeer

I just thought it was nice they sent extras!
Old 04-03-2013, 04:18 PM   #2114
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

Thanks Andre for the info about Venom. I sent him a PM about something else and he didn't respond which is very unusual.

Carla
Old 04-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #2115
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suelala View Post
You can fill your room with suitcases. Disney does not care how many suitcases you bring.

ME cut back to one tag per person after the baggage fees were instituted. You can get as many as you want. It makes sense it is moe cost effective to send one per person and if a few people need extra they send them.

If they send two to everyone, it is just more cost they have to pass along to the consumer.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: