Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 03:18 PM   #1996
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
For those of you who pack a hanging cloth closet organizer to hang on your bathroom doors for extra storage, where do you buy them? Could you direct me to a website so I could see what it looks like? I assume they're really compact so you can pack them in a suitcase?
They're talking about something like this, but it would hang from the closet rod, not the bathroom door. I assume what they're hanging from a bathroom door is a shoe organizer like this, which is nice because you can see what's in each compartment.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #1997
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
I just did a random search and found this one on Amazon. I know that Bed Bath & Beyond has them to. They fold up pretty flat.

http://www.amazon.com/Pocket-over-do...organizer+door

thank you!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-01-2013, 03:32 PM   #1998
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
For those of you who pack a hanging cloth closet organizer to hang on your bathroom doors for extra storage, where do you buy them? Could you direct me to a website so I could see what it looks like? I assume they're really compact so you can pack them in a suitcase?
We bought ours at the local Dollar Tree, as they are just for Disney so we went cheap, and they are cheap. We have both a sweater holder that velcros on the closet bar, and a shoe holder that has a hanger "head" on them - so not over the door, but they can be hung in the closet area. They fold up flat. It will work perfect for us since there are 4 slots on the sweater holder, so we can stuff one day's outfit for each person in each compartment. We are also using compression sacks for our clothes for extra luggage space - self-pressure "vacuuming" kind.

Target and Walmart also sell the closet storage, for about $15 (?). Target has shoe holder storage that can be hung over the bathroom door.

TBD ~ August 2015
CSR October 2013, POR October 2013

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
Old 04-01-2013, 03:34 PM   #1999
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Mesmerized by Clay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
They're talking about something like this, but it would hang from the closet rod, not the bathroom door. I assume what they're hanging from a bathroom door is a shoe organizer like this, which is nice because you can see what's in each compartment.
Thank you!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #2000
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Mesmerized by Clay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelHathi View Post
We bought ours at the local Dollar Tree, as they are just for Disney so we went cheap, and they are cheap. We have both a sweater holder that velcros on the closet bar, and a shoe holder that has a hanger "head" on them - so not over the door, but they can be hung in the closet area. They fold up flat. It will work perfect for us since there are 4 slots on the sweater holder, so we can stuff one day's outfit for each person in each compartment. We are also using compression sacks for our clothes for extra luggage space - self-pressure "vacuuming" kind.

Target and Walmart also sell the closet storage, for about $15 (?). Target has shoe holder storage that can be hung over the bathroom door.
Great tips, thanks!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:36 PM   #2001
rachelsmom97
Mouseketeer

7 more days!

Only 7 more days until we arrive at POR! I can hardly wait. This is our first time at POR and I am looking forward to this trip!!

We are staying in a Royal Room. I decided to just let the computers assign us a room. It is me, my husband and 15 year old daughter and we don't mind long walks. I need to burn off those mickey bar calories
Old 04-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #2002
4butlers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK

Target has all kinds of soft, foldable closet organizers. Here is just one kind:
http://www.target.com/p/hanging-acce...lot=medium_1_3

2003-DLR; 2004-DLR; 2006-DLR
2011-WDW POR; 2011-DCL Dream Bahamas
2013-WDW POR; 2013-DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean
Old 04-01-2013, 03:50 PM   #2003
GrammyJudy
DIS Veteran

Does Garden Grocer deliver beer?
Old 04-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #2004
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammyJudy
Does Garden Grocer deliver beer?
Yes they do. You'll have to fax a copy of your license or ID for age verification.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:05 PM   #2005
jacobjennasmom
Earning My Ears

Just thought I'd share our experience this week at POR. we are a family of four here with my parents. When we booked, my parents had made a reservation for a garden view king bed room. We reserved a royal room. At 7 days out I faxed in a request for us to at least be in buildings that were next to each other, ie Oak and Magnolia (I think!). I didnt want my parents out in the AB section and us in the mansion area. When we arrived and went to the online check in area, they had upgraded my parents to a connecting Royal Room with us! And they gave us both Garden view rooms! I am so impressed with the service here! So if anyone is debating whether to fax In a request, I say go for it! We are here during a very busy time, spring break, and they were able to accmodate us and go above and beyond! And if anyone is wondering about the royal rooms, they really are so fun and pretty. Not sure we'd pay the extra again but I think it's for sure worth it at least once!

Just wanted to share our good experience! Thanks Venom and Andre for all your info you provide!

Old 04-01-2013, 04:20 PM   #2006
wdw4rfam
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CluelessDisFan View Post
Me three! Also there the 15-21. Can't wait for POR Royal Guest room!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wismgari View Post
2 weeks for me too!! So excited!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfling8 View Post
2 Weeks until we arrive at POR!
I feel like Baby Sinclair in the Dinosaurs episode that he got in the fridge and ate all the sugar.
"I'm viiiiibbbrraaaaatttttiiinnnggg!"
(yeah, I know, dating myself here)
Me four!!!! We just added a day so 13 days for us, will be there the 14th-25th

2014 CSR-11 days**2013-POR 12 days**2012- POR- 9 days**2011- All Star Music-10 days** 2010- POFQ- 10 days** 2009- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2008- All Star Movies- 8 days** 2006- Pop Cent.- 7 days** AllStar Movies 7 days** 2004-Fl Resident....too many to list** 2003-Grosvenor** 2002- All star movies- 5 days

Old 04-01-2013, 04:28 PM   #2007
LovingDisny
I'm not going to lie. I like to lurk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
Got my mickey mail today!!!!

However due to DD being home at the time I have not been able to look at it...

Do you think she would notice if I out her to bed at 4pm instead of 8pm??
Yay for your Mickey Mail... and yes I'm afraid she will notice that the sun is still up..
2004- CBR with hubby & oldest son
2010- POR with hubby & both boys
2013- POR with hubby & both boys AGAIN!
2015- Me, hubby & both boys - we are thinking Coronado Springs -
Old 04-01-2013, 05:44 PM   #2008
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobjennasmom View Post
Just thought I'd share our experience this week at POR. we are a family of four here with my parents. When we booked, my parents had made a reservation for a garden view king bed room. We reserved a royal room. At 7 days out I faxed in a request for us to at least be in buildings that were next to each other, ie Oak and Magnolia (I think!). I didnt want my parents out in the AB section and us in the mansion area. When we arrived and went to the online check in area, they had upgraded my parents to a connecting Royal Room with us! And they gave us both Garden view rooms! I am so impressed with the service here! So if anyone is debating whether to fax In a request, I say go for it! We are here during a very busy time, spring break, and they were able to accmodate us and go above and beyond! And if anyone is wondering about the royal rooms, they really are so fun and pretty. Not sure we'd pay the extra again but I think it's for sure worth it at least once!

Just wanted to share our good experience! Thanks Venom and Andre for all your info you provide!
That is FABULOUS! So happy for your pixie dust!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 04-01-2013, 05:55 PM   #2009
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK
You can buy them just about anywhere; it is called a shoe organizer. You are most likely trying to search something where you have not input the correct name of the item.

If you look it up as a shoe organizer, you will find tons of them. Just roll it up in your suitcase and give everyone a row for themselves. It is great!

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:56 PM   #2010
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punky1973

Thanks, I didn't see POR listed on their site. How far in advance do you need to order?
At the top of the board is a stickie how to deliver to your resort. It has all the info.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: