Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 07:20 AM   #181
afnaechiquita
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn
I'm trying to get more info about the room safes. Portorleans.org says:

•Small wall-mounted key-lock safe (useful for money, credit cards, documents, keys, phone, iPod, etc — but not big enough for laptops or larger cameras)

However, I thought I read somewhere that they recently changed them to keypad safes when they renovated? In other WDW resorts, the keypad safes I've seen are the ones that are more like a drawer, not a space in the wall. Which is the case at POR? I'm trying to figure out if we can take the laptop Thanks!!
Not sure about renovated rooms, but the wall safes are not large enough for a laptop.
WDW (off-site) '90 - Caribbean Beach '07 - French Quarter '08 - Riverside '11 - Riverside '12 - Tokyo DisneySea '12 (one-post quick TR here!) - DLR (off-site) '13 - Grand Californian '14 (presidential suite tour here!) - Yacht Club '14
Princess Half Marathoner '11 - '12 - GSC '14 for runGKTW! - training for DLH '14 for SOSC!

Old 02-18-2013, 07:22 AM   #182
mommy2jack
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
Sorry, now linked via the portorleans.org home page and Videos page too.

Andre
Oh sigh!!! I wish I was there now. Looks like today is going to be beautiful. It's bitter cold where I'm at and I'm so over winter. I can't wait until May!!

Enjoy your trip Andre!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-18-2013, 09:38 AM   #183
hobbs6799
Earning My Ears

Thanks for sharing, Andre.

Hope it is not too cold for you today and here is hoping for a warm-up soon. It is certainly very chilly here in GA!!!!

Beverly

Old 02-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #184
OttawaON
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
I'm trying to get more info about the room safes. Portorleans.org says:

•Small wall-mounted key-lock safe (useful for money, credit cards, documents, keys, phone, iPod, etc — but not big enough for laptops or larger cameras)

However, I thought I read somewhere that they recently changed them to keypad safes when they renovated? In other WDW resorts, the keypad safes I've seen are the ones that are more like a drawer, not a space in the wall. Which is the case at POR? I'm trying to figure out if we can take the laptop Thanks!!
We visited Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou section early Feb 2013 and the safe was still a space in the wall. There was insufficient space for a laptop. However, I locked mine and other electronics in our suitcase.

Have a good trip!
Old 02-18-2013, 10:24 AM   #185
hockeymom3
Mouseketeer

I have a question about the condiments at POR food court. Are they free or do you have to pay for them? And do they have jam/peanut butter and cream cheese? At AKL they were free but someone told me you had to pay extra at POP. I'm thinking for the amt my kids would use I'd be better off buying a full jar if I have to pay .50 a packet.

Second Family Disney Trip April 30 - May 8, 2013 POR
First Family Disney Trip May 2-12, 2009 AKL/WL
Old 02-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #186
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

love the video

Thanks for the video Andre, makes me look forward for our vacation the end of May.

Hope you are having a good time and the weather is good. We might get snow here later this week.
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 02-18-2013, 12:09 PM   #187
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaON View Post
We visited Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou section early Feb 2013 and the safe was still a space in the wall. There was insufficient space for a laptop. However, I locked mine and other electronics in our suitcase.

Have a good trip!
I do the same in my Hardshell Luggage. Out of site out of mind.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #188
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afnaechiquita View Post
Not sure about renovated rooms, but the wall safes are not large enough for a laptop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttawaON View Post

Have a good trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I do the same in my Hardshell Luggage. Out of site out of mind.
Thank you! We normally lock things in our luggage too. I've only had one bad experience with it (ironically at POFQ,) but it was 15 years ago, ha! I was a teenager and locked my souvenir money in my luggage. When we got back from the parks the suitcase was open and the money was gone. I guess ever since then I've always been hesitant.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 02-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #189
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Beautiful view Andre! We have a RGR with a river view booked in April. My hope was to have a view of the water tower like you do! Can I ask your location so I can make a request to be in a similar location?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 02-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #190
alhurricane
DisDads #733

One quick question that I just thought of. Does POR offer bedrails? If so, is there an extra charge and when do I make the request? I have already booked our reservation.
Old 02-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #191
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhurricane View Post
One quick question that I just thought of. Does POR offer bedrails? If so, is there an extra charge and when do I make the request? I have already booked our reservation.
Forgot to ask this. Good question. We had them at the poly. Do you just call mousekeeping and ask like at the poly?
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 02-18-2013, 02:01 PM   #192
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Just call housekeeping once you arrive. There is no additional charge for bed rails at any resort.

HTH!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 02-18-2013, 02:02 PM   #193
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

A couple more questions after watching the resort video on AllEars

It looks as though there's a path/sidewalk from the bridge near Oak Manor and Parterre that goes toward the front of the resort. If we're leaving our room (royal room, so we'd be in one of these two buildings) and going to the South Depot busses, can we go this way, or do we have to go all the way around the back by the marina, through the lobby, and out the front?

Also, the buildings are fully connected, right? Every time I see pictures or videos of Oak and Parterre it looks like there's a 'space' bewteen the middle 3 story section and the two-story wings.

Thanks!
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 02-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #194
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhurricane View Post
You request them from housekeeping when you check-in and there is no charge.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:06 PM   #195
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
A couple more questions after watching the resort video on AllEars

It looks as though there's a path/sidewalk from the bridge near Oak Manor and Parterre that goes toward the front of the resort. If we're leaving our room (royal room, so we'd be in one of these two buildings) and going to the South Depot busses, can we go this way, or do we have to go all the way around the back by the marina, through the lobby, and out the front?

Also, the buildings are fully connected, right? Every time I see pictures or videos of Oak and Parterre it looks like there's a 'space' bewteen the middle 3 story section and the two-story wings.

Thanks!
The bridge near Oak Manor and Parterre Place conveniently takes you to the front of the Main Building. I find it more convenient for myself, since I travel to DTD every night and back and it is easier to get to the marina as well by going that way.

The buildings themselves are "connected" by the wings with covered walkway areas. However, two separate buildings are not connected together.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: