Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #1786
nonstopdisneymom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley

Erm, how do you work that out from:
The cost is $45 including tax for the 25-minute ride and the carriage can hold up to four adults, or three adults and two small children (children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult).
To clarify (which I didn't think needed doing) it is $45 per carriage ride, not per person.

Andre
I think the OP got that from the disney website which says $45 but when you click the little circle i it says price is per person. I guess it should be no surprise to anyone that Disney's own website is once again incorrect.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #1787
hobbs6799
Earning My Ears

[FONT="Century Gothic"]Andre, if you look at the following link, which I am guessing she did as it is on the Official WDW website, there is a blue "i" next to the price of 45.00. When you roll your mouse over the blue "i" it states price is per person, not including tax. [FONT="Century Gothic"]

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/re...arriage-rides/

Beverly

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #1788
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
The cost is $45 including tax for the 25-minute ride and the carriage can hold up to four adults, or three adults and two small children (children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult).
To clarify (which I didn't think needed doing) it is $45 per carriage ride, not per person.

Andre
While I believe you are right from my POR recollections, when you click the I next to the price on the site it does say $45 per person taxes not included.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #1789
disneyfreak89
DIS Veteran

First off, thanks for mentioning the coffee makers in the rooms. I had already packed ground coffee and filters assuming they still had the older machines. Now those are 2 less things I need to pack!

Concerning the carriage ride, are you supposed to tip? I thought the $45 price tag would include that.

Honeymoon '89 - OFFSITE 1990 - FW; 1992 - DixL; 1996 - FW; 1999 - FW/CSR; 2001 - DixL; 2003 - FW; 2005 - POFQ/ POR; 2006 - PC;
2007 - PC/CBR; 2008 - SSR/OKW; 2009 - PC/CSR; 2010 - VBR/WL/PC; 2011 - SSR/BWV/AKV; 2012 - SSR/BWV/VBR/HHI; 2013 - POR/SSR; 2014 - OKW/BCV; 2015 - SSR
Old 03-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #1790
rquebral
Earning My Ears

Silly question...Do they have towels at the pools? We have only stayed at Values (which do not) and DVC (which does) We have never stayed at a mod.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #1791
Carlyzmom
AXIOM Crew Member
I see naked people all the time that are NOT pretty

Quote:

Edit: Just seen your later message. I can't currently get to that page on the WDW website at moment (or indeed any of the pages on the US site at all) as the international forced-redirect is totally messed up and they don't seem terribly interested in fixing it just now. However it wouldn't be the first time that something was wrong on the Disney site; I've been saying for many years that the Colonel's Cotton Mill nomenclature went away along with Dixie Landings in 2001, but even according to the new website, when I could see it, the main building is still called that.

Andre
Yes, that is exactly where I got it! Disney's OWN site!! Haha! Oh, well, I will take your word that it is $45 per ride! That's much more reasonable. I am not one who just spouts off info without a way to back it up! Leave it to the Disney site to get it wrong!!
1995 Disneyland Hotel - California
1997 Fort Wilderness
1998 Fort Wilderness
2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013 Port Orleans Riverside

Me DH DD 13 DS 11
Old 03-24-2013, 05:38 PM   #1792
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak89 View Post
Concerning the carriage ride, are you supposed to tip? I thought the $45 price tag would include that.
A tip is not included in the $45. I guess tips are rarely included in the published base prices for meals or services. I noticed the follow-up post about the WDW website by the way, and I've updated my reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rquebral View Post
Silly question...Do they have towels at the pools?
They do have towels at the main pool, but not at the five quiet pools. However you can just take your room towels with you (there are towel-drop bins at all of the pools) and ask housekeeping for some extra for the room.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #1793
ALD85
DIS Veteran

We are going in October. We should get to the resort around noon I'd assume ( flight lands at 10:20). What are the chances of getting to check in and get our room before 3? Also what about late check out? Do you need to request that prior or is that something that's hit or miss? Our flight home isn't until 6:30 pm I believe. I know
we can hang out there or do other things and keep our luggage with bell services, but I'd like to know we have a room to go back to need be. Thanks.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #1794
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
We are going in October. We should get to the resort around noon I'd assume ( flight lands at 10:20). What are the chances of getting to check in and get our room before 3? Also what about late check out? Do you need to request that prior or is that something that's hit or miss? Our flight home isn't until 6:30 pm I believe. I know
we can hang out there or do other things and keep our luggage with bell services, but I'd like to know we have a room to go back to need be. Thanks.
Getting into your room early and leaving later all depends on how booked your room category is. If the resort itself or room category is at capacity then they will want to turn over rooms as quick as possible.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 03-24-2013, 08:26 PM   #1795
croach
Mouseketeer

I have a quote from a travel agent for 2014 marathon weekend and Riverside is about $60 a night cheaper than French Quarter? I have never stayed at either and I was curious what makes FQ worth the extra $60. I know that's kind of a broad question but just wondering if rooms a bigger or if there is some "advantage" to FQ. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-24-2013, 08:40 PM   #1796
chrisc88
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by croach View Post
I have a quote from a travel agent for 2014 marathon weekend and Riverside is about $60 a night cheaper than French Quarter? I have never stayed at either and I was curious what makes FQ worth the extra $60. I know that's kind of a broad question but just wondering if rooms a bigger or if there is some "advantage" to FQ. Thanks in advance.
I believe the big difference is the size of the resort. POFQ is smaller so they can sell all rooms without a discount, etc. I am going in 2 weeks and the spring discount was available at POR but not at POFQ.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 03-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #1797
disneyfreak89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
A tip is not included in the $45. I guess tips are rarely included in the published base prices for meals or services.
What would the customary tip be for that sort of service? $5?

Maybe we'll rent a surrey bike. Its cheaper and at least I don't have to tip the guy.

Honeymoon '89 - OFFSITE 1990 - FW; 1992 - DixL; 1996 - FW; 1999 - FW/CSR; 2001 - DixL; 2003 - FW; 2005 - POFQ/ POR; 2006 - PC;
2007 - PC/CBR; 2008 - SSR/OKW; 2009 - PC/CSR; 2010 - VBR/WL/PC; 2011 - SSR/BWV/AKV; 2012 - SSR/BWV/VBR/HHI; 2013 - POR/SSR; 2014 - OKW/BCV; 2015 - SSR
Old 03-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #1798
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by croach
I had this question too...

Old 03-24-2013, 11:30 PM   #1799
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by croach View Post
Rack rates for POR and POFQ are the same for the same room category, so there most be some discount available for POR that's not available for POFQ. Like chrisc88 said, POFQ is smaller, so it can be filled up without offering discounts.
Old 03-25-2013, 04:03 AM   #1800
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
We should get to the resort around noon I'd assume ( flight lands at 10:20). What are the chances of getting to check in and get our room before 3? Also what about late check out? Do you need to request that prior or is that something that's hit or miss?
There's a pretty good chance you'll get your room straight away with the Ready Room system that they currently use (make sure you do online checkin and let them know your expected arrival time) but it's not guaranteed of course. Your chances will be improved if you don't make any special requests so they've got a wider pool of rooms to choose from.

Late checkout (up to 1pm) depends on whether they need your room for another guest - someone like you for example, who wants to get in early. They can only determine this at fairly short notice, quite often the day before you checkout, so you can't book it in advance. I've mostly been lucky with this, but on at least one occasion they could not offer it.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: