Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 07:14 AM   #1726
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

Thanks so now i need to search for some strong brew in those pods. Have the resorts gone to joffreys yet? I was hoping by our trip it would happen then i can actually use the resort mug!
DS (14)
Lily
Old 03-23-2013, 07:37 AM   #1727
jacobjennasmom
Earning My Ears

What time do the buses start running if MK opens at 7am? We are going next Friday and MK has morning EMH that week on everyday. I was planning to head to the bus depot around 6:15 but just saw on here where they don't start running til 6:30.

Thanks!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-23-2013, 07:47 AM   #1728
mrsclaymation
Earning My Ears

Breakfast at Cape May

We're staying at POR in May and we have a breakfast ADR at Cape May at 7:30 then are spending the day at Epcot which opens at 9. Would driving our car be the best option? Also, would we need to drive to the Epcot parking lot or could we leave our car at Beach Club and walk to Epcot?
Old 03-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #1729
Indy Denise
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
Thanks so now i need to search for some strong brew in those pods. Have the resorts gone to joffreys yet? I was hoping by our trip it would happen then i can actually use the resort mug!
Folgers makes those pods. I am going to pick up a box or two for my trip, we are four coffee drinkers.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:18 AM   #1730
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran

they look smaller than the pods I have seen in the grocery store, the ones that are round flat and fit in a regular little 4 cup coffee maker...or am I wrong? Can you post the link or pic of a box of the ones that you know fit for sure?? thanks so much!
DS (14)
Lily
Old 03-23-2013, 08:26 AM   #1731
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2thomason View Post
I booked through a TA & she said that there were no roll-in shower rooms that were royal rooms.
She was wrong. Or maybe she just meant there were none available during your dates? All already booked, maybe?

All of the rooms with roll-in showers are listed in my resort floorplans, the MB one is at www.portorleans.org/images/buildingmaps/Floorplan-POR-MagnoliaBend.pdf and the Royal Rooms are in Oak Manor (90) and Parterre Place (95). Corner rooms 9537 and 9540 are the only two River View Royal Rooms with roll-in showers, and that general location is pretty much perfect for access to the main buildings too. But they do need to be booked, you can't just make a standard Royal Room booking and hope to be assigned them when you get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMLAINI View Post
Are all of the pathways well lit @ POR?
Yup, I guess Disney hates people tripping over and suing them.

Quote:
Have the resorts gone to joffreys yet?
Not yet, and I don't know what the time scale is, sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobjennasmom View Post
What time do the buses start running if MK opens at 7am?
Should be 6am, buses are meant to run at least an hour before park opening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsclaymation View Post
We're staying at POR in May and we have a breakfast ADR at Cape May at 7:30 then are spending the day at Epcot which opens at 9. Would driving our car be the best option? Also, would we need to drive to the Epcot parking lot or could we leave our car at Beach Club and walk to Epcot?
You can't leave your car at a resort parking lot all day while you visit a park (well you could, but it's not allowed).

Cape May is not so easy to get to using Disney transportation (and you can't go through the park before opening time, plus at 7.30am the resort buses won't be running yet) so I'd suggest driving to the Beach Club for your meal, and then moving the car over to the Epcot parking lot afterwards.

Of course there's nothing to stop some of your family walking straight into Epcot via the International Gateway (5 mins walk) and just the driver having to go the long way round and meet them in the park.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #1732
Indy Denise
Mouseketeer

Quote:
they look smaller than the pods I have seen in the grocery store, the ones that are round flat and fit in a regular little 4 cup coffee maker...or am I wrong? Can you post the link or pic of a box of the ones that you know fit for sure?? thanks so much!
On the Cruisnart site:

coffee maker is commercial rated and designed for use in settings such as hotels, motels, or extended stay facilities.
2 Cup Black with Stainless Steel Coffee Maker by Cuisinart Features:

■Brews one cup or two cups simultaneously
■Coffee Maker available in Stainless Steel or Black
■Approved for commercial use
Uses standard 1 Cup Coffee Pods (Not included - See related items above to buy.)■Uses any standard size cup or mug
■Auto shutoff - Unit shuts off when water reservoir is empty
■650 Watts
■Reusable Brew Basket
■Fits Mug or Cup up to 5" Tall
■Illuminated Power Button
■Easy-to-Fill Water Reservoir
Old 03-23-2013, 10:11 AM   #1733
anniebabymu
DIS Veteran

We'll be visiting POR in 24 days!!! Has anybody who has stayed there recently had a BB in their folder?? I would love to convince the hubs to book the next whole family vacay while we're there! TIA!

Whew... That's a big 'Tato Head! 10 Amazing Days in May '14! Trip Report 10 Nights, 9 Days, 2 Birthdays and 1 Magical May 2014 Vacation PTR

Me DH DD6 DD3
Old 03-23-2013, 10:46 AM   #1734
ILoveMMouse
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

You can't leave your car at a resort parking lot all day while you visit a park (well you could, but it's not allowed).

Andre

You can if you valet it, which of course is an extra charge. We did that in 2011, we had an early breakfast at CMC and then wanted to head over to Epcot. I asked the valet if it would be ok to leave the car with them while we headed to Epcot for the day and he informed me that we could leave it up to 24 hours. It did cost $12 for the 24 hour period, but that was well worth it to me for not having to move our car back over to the Epcot lot after breakfast.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #1735
michi-gan
Earning My Ears

Need some more info. onthe type of coffee pods/filters? one shoudl bring to make coffee in room? Picture of coffe maker woudl be great or model number?

Do they have creamer at the food court to take back to room?? dry or liquid? flavors?

Is ice for cups/drinks available easy enough to fill your cups for an adults drink that your bring yourself?

Are paper plates/napkins easiely available to get at food court and bring back to use for breakfast or should one bring their own?? Plastic ware?

Just trying to make a list on what we need as we are planning breakfast in room every day! Thanks

6 days away!!
Old 03-23-2013, 10:56 AM   #1736
michi-gan
Earning My Ears

http://govex.ngap.com/product.aspx?zpid=2544083

is this it???
Old 03-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #1737
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Denise View Post
On the Cruisnart site:

coffee maker is commercial rated and designed for use in settings such as hotels, motels, or extended stay facilities.
2 Cup Black with Stainless Steel Coffee Maker by Cuisinart Features:

■Brews one cup or two cups simultaneously
■Coffee Maker available in Stainless Steel or Black
■Approved for commercial use
Uses standard 1 Cup Coffee Pods (Not included - See related items above to buy.)■Uses any standard size cup or mug
■Auto shutoff - Unit shuts off when water reservoir is empty
■650 Watts
■Reusable Brew Basket
■Fits Mug or Cup up to 5" Tall
■Illuminated Power Button
■Easy-to-Fill Water Reservoir
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Denise View Post
Folgers makes those pods. I am going to pick up a box or two for my trip, we are four coffee drinkers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michi-gan View Post
Need some more info. onthe type of coffee pods/filters? one shoudl bring to make coffee in room? Picture of coffe maker woudl be great or model number?

Do they have creamer at the food court to take back to room?? dry or liquid? flavors?

Is ice for cups/drinks available easy enough to fill your cups for an adults drink that your bring yourself?

Are paper plates/napkins easiely available to get at food court and bring back to use for breakfast or should one bring their own?? Plastic ware?

Just trying to make a list on what we need as we are planning breakfast in room every day! Thanks

6 days away!!
Quote:
This is the coffee maker and pod in better photos.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #1738
michi-gan
Earning My Ears

Thanks Venom.Now does Disney replace new coffee pods everyday with room service? Or should we bring our own??
Old 03-23-2013, 12:09 PM   #1739
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

So.....on this coffee train .....

Would it be safe to assume if you liked a specific brand of coffee that these pods are a standard size and would fit the Cuisinart machines?
http://www.coffeewiz.com/Coffee-Pods/
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 03-23-2013, 12:22 PM   #1740
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Thanks Venom.Now does Disney replace new coffee pods everyday with room service? Or should we bring our own??
Yes or you can leave a note asking for more. But they should automatically if they do their job right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
So.....on this coffee train .....

Would it be safe to assume if you liked a specific brand of coffee that these pods are a standard size and would fit the Cuisinart machines?
http://www.coffeewiz.com/Coffee-Pods/
Yeah I would say that can be used!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: