Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-22-2013, 04:32 PM   #1711
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,214

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Hello

Does French quarter or riverside have any resort specific merchandise?
A pin badge, a postard and a couple of art prints, but that's about it.

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is online now  
Old 03-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #1712
hineline07
Earning My Ears
 
hineline07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 49

If I want add an extra day to our already paid for trip... Do I contact Disney or the resort? Sorry if this question is silly but my TA originally booked our trip
__________________
The Hineline Family

hineline07 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #1713
fairytalelover
DIS Veteran
 
fairytalelover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rocklin California
Posts: 1,249

Quote:
Originally Posted by hineline07 View Post
If I want add an extra day to our already paid for trip... Do I contact Disney or the resort? Sorry if this question is silly but my TA originally booked our trip

I would let my TA know. They can take care of that.
__________________



ME DH DS
Disneyland (hundreds of times) Disneyland Hotel 6/2005 & 12/2005 Disney Fairytale Wedding at Disneyland 6/2005; Walt Disney World 2/2004, 6/2005, 5/2012; Port Orleans Riverside 2/2004 & 6/2005; All Star Movies Resort 5/2012; Coronado Springs Resort 10/2014; Disney Wonder 6/2005; Disney Dream 4/2012; Disney Fantasy 10/2014
fairytalelover is online now  
Old 03-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #1714
ALD85
DIS Veteran
 
ALD85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 802

Are the Royal rooms really any farther away from the food court/ south depot than the preferred rooms in AB? I'm booked preferred for Oct, but the discount they're offering for spring doesn't include preferred rooms. So I'm trying to plan ahead incase a discount comes out for Oct and preferred isn't included (assuming FD isn't offered, cause I'd take that instead).
__________________
[/url]
ALD85 is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #1715
firstwdw
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 647

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
Are the Royal rooms really any farther away from the food court/ south depot than the preferred rooms in AB? I'm booked preferred for Oct, but the discount they're offering for spring doesn't include preferred rooms. So I'm trying to plan ahead incase a discount comes out for Oct and preferred isn't included (assuming FD isn't offered, cause I'd take that instead).
When the discount first came out preferred was included for this spring for some weeks. You might get lucky. As far as distances go- I don't know because I haven't been yet but we were able to get a preferred room with the spring discount.
firstwdw is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #1716
ALD85
DIS Veteran
 
ALD85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 802

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstwdw View Post

When the discount first came out preferred was included for this spring for some weeks. You might get lucky. As far as distances go- I don't know because I haven't been yet but we were able to get a preferred room with the spring discount.
Oh! Well that's good to hear! I'm nervous if the discount would be worth switching. It's been awhile since I've been to Disney but we always stayed preferred and I can't recall going near the mansions to know the distance. But according to the map it doesn't seem like it's a huge difference.
__________________
[/url]
ALD85 is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 06:20 PM   #1717
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict
 
andrewilley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Birmingham UK
Posts: 5,214

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
Are the Royal rooms really any farther away from the food court/ south depot than the preferred rooms in AB?
Some Royal Rooms are quite a bit further away but others less so, it rather depends on exactly where in each building you get placed. See the map in the first post.

Here are a few min / max distances from the various buildings to give you an idea:

Alligator Bayou Preferred Location > Food Court: 55 yds / 250 yds
Alligator Bayou Preferred Location > South Bus Depot: 170 yds / 435 yds
Alligator Bayou Preferred Location > Ferry Dock: 277 yds / 443 yds

Oak Manor (Royal Rooms) > Food Court: 286 yds / 488 yds
Oak Manor (Royal Rooms) > South Bus Depot: 303 yds / 505 yds
Oak Manor (Royal Rooms) > Ferry Dock: 275 yds / 477 yds

Parterre Place (Royal Rooms) > Food Court: 249 yds / 456 yds
Parterre Place (Royal Rooms) > South Bus Depot: 266 yds / 473 yds
Parterre Place (Royal Rooms) > Ferry Dock: 238 yds / 445 yds

Andre
__________________
Port Orleans Riverside is my second home - I never get homesick when I'm there, but it does happen the other way around!


For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
andrewilley is online now  
Old 03-22-2013, 06:25 PM   #1718
ALD85
DIS Veteran
 
ALD85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 802

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post

Some Royal Rooms are quite a bit further away but others less so, it rather depends on exactly where in each building you get placed. See the map in the first post.

Here are a few min / max distances from the various buildings to give you an idea:

Alligator Bayou Preferred Location > Food Court: 55 yds / 250 yds
Alligator Bayou Preferred Location > South Bus Depot: 170 yds / 435 yds
Alligator Bayou Preferred Location > Ferry Dock: 277 yds / 443 yds

Oak Manor (Royal Rooms) > Food Court: 286 yds / 488 yds
Oak Manor (Royal Rooms) > South Bus Depot: 303 yds / 505 yds
Oak Manor (Royal Rooms) > Ferry Dock: 275 yds / 477 yds

Parterre Place (Royal Rooms) > Food Court: 249 yds / 456 yds
Parterre Place (Royal Rooms) > South Bus Depot: 266 yds / 473 yds
Parterre Place (Royal Rooms) > Ferry Dock: 238 yds / 445 yds

Andre
Ah! Well that's more helpful, thank you!
__________________
[/url]
ALD85 is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 08:27 PM   #1719
momtwoboys
DIS Veteran
 
momtwoboys's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 2,092

4 cup coffee maker? Pod style? what am I packing for coffee? Any word yet on the Joffrey's switch to the resorts for in the food court yet either?
__________________
: me (42)
DH (43)
DS (16)
DS (14)
Lily
momtwoboys is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #1720
DMLAINI
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 139

Are all of the pathways well lit @ POR?
DMLAINI is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #1721
j2thomason
Mouseketeer
 
j2thomason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Birmingham, Al
Posts: 332

Are there any royal rooms that have roll-in showers? We are booked for a couple of days in June & requested a river view & roll-in shower for my elderly mom whose in a wheelchair. I would LOVE to get a royal room!!
__________________
28 WDW trips
3 Disneyland trips
1 WDW preview center trip
1 Disney cruise
1 Disneyland Paris trip
Always planning my next Disney trip!
°O°

j2thomason is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #1722
siskaren
DIS Veteran
 
siskaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Aurora, IL
Posts: 7,900

Quote:
Originally Posted by j2thomason View Post
Are there any royal rooms that have roll-in showers? We are booked for a couple of days in June & requested a river view & roll-in shower for my elderly mom whose in a wheelchair. I would LOVE to get a royal room!!
You would've had to book a royal guest room river view in order to get both a river view and a royal room. Looking at the room category layouts on portorleans.org it looks like there are 2 rooms in that category that have a roll-in shower in Parterre Place.
siskaren is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #1723
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,756

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtwoboys View Post
4 cup coffee maker? Pod style? what am I packing for coffee? Any word yet on the Joffrey's switch to the resorts for in the food court yet either?


Uses these pods:


Quote:
Originally Posted by DMLAINI View Post
Are all of the pathways well lit @ POR?
Yes very well lit.
Venomhatch is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #1724
j2thomason
Mouseketeer
 
j2thomason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Birmingham, Al
Posts: 332

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post

You would've had to book a royal guest room river view in order to get both a river view and a royal room. Looking at the room category layouts on portorleans.org it looks like there are 2 rooms in that category that have a roll-in shower in Parterre Place.
I booked through a TA & she said that there were no roll-in shower rooms that were royal rooms. I wonder if there is anyway to see if we can get one of those rooms.
__________________
28 WDW trips
3 Disneyland trips
1 WDW preview center trip
1 Disney cruise
1 Disneyland Paris trip
Always planning my next Disney trip!
°O°

j2thomason is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 09:23 PM   #1725
joanzie72
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 158

testing will delete

Sorry was testing out my ticker and I copied the wrong Thingy but got. Please delete. Can't figure out where to delete this. lol Must be a sign to go to bed.
__________________
The Fantabulous momma
Crazy husband
Compassionate DS (9)
The comical DS (6)


Last edited by joanzie72; 03-22-2013 at 09:30 PM. Reason: trying to get my ticker to work lol
joanzie72 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: