Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #1696
luciagirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaticmissy View Post
I depends on when you are going and where you want to eat, I would advise making dining reservations, as long as you cancel 24 hours in advance there is not an issue. If there are certain places you want to eat I would make a reservation. but that is just me We did do one trip where we tried this a few years back, and we were stuck waiting a LONG time for a table. We did get into some different restaurants that we normally would not have went to but, I will always make reservations from now on
Thank you for answering me. I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to make them anyways as long as I can cancel 24 hours before....good point! Now just trying to decide where. Any suggestions? Other than the Hoop Dee Doo and wanting to try T Rex, we want to keep dinner kind of low key just to give my boys a little break from the excitement of Disney. Otherwise they will never sleep if they don't have a little down time to just chill. We are going 5/8 to 5/14 and hopefully it won't be to crowded!
Old 03-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #1697
dramaticmissy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciagirl View Post
Thank you for answering me. I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea to make them anyways as long as I can cancel 24 hours before....good point! Now just trying to decide where. Any suggestions? Other than the Hoop Dee Doo and wanting to try T Rex, we want to keep dinner kind of low key just to give my boys a little break from the excitement of Disney. Otherwise they will never sleep if they don't have a little down time to just chill. We are going 5/8 to 5/14 and hopefully it won't be to crowded!
We are going from 5/8-5/13! will be there the same time! We like some of the other resort restaurants, it lets us see other resorts and a little break from the park, also they don't seem to be as rushed as some others, like Whispering canyon cafe, which is a cowboy theme, and has fun stuff for the kids at Wilderness lodge It is a louder restaurant because the jokes going on and the kids get more than just chicken nuggets or fish on the dining plan, we love their ribs and chicken and beef strip.

June 1976-My first trip!
March 2006 @ POP dd's 2nd birthday
August 2007 @ SSR 11 day trip
November 2008- POP dd's 7th birthday
May 2013 Port of Orleans Riverside- All girls week
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #1698
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY

Are all the rooms in oak manor royal guest rooms?

Old 03-22-2013, 12:43 PM   #1699
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie
Are all the rooms in oak manor royal guest rooms?
Yes, and in Parterre too. Magnolia Terrace and Acadian house are the mansions with non-royal rooms.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Old 03-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #1700
luciagirl
Earning My Ears

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaticmissy View Post
We are going from 5/8-5/13! will be there the same time! We like some of the other resort restaurants, it lets us see other resorts and a little break from the park, also they don't seem to be as rushed as some others, like Whispering canyon cafe, which is a cowboy theme, and has fun stuff for the kids at Wilderness lodge It is a louder restaurant because the jokes going on and the kids get more than just chicken nuggets or fish on the dining plan, we love their ribs and chicken and beef strip.

What a coincidence! Our plane lands at 10:00 a.m and I hope our room is ready. Would be nice to have a little break before we hit the parks or whatever. If not we'll just chill by the pool for a bit.

Thanks for the suggestion regarding Whispering canyon cafe. Sounds fun and what little boy doesn't like cowboys! I will look into it.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #1701
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappinggirl View Post
Hello sorry if this has been asked and answered but on the day we are leaving POR we have breakfast ressie's for Chef Mickey's. What is the best way to get there?
Bus to MK then walk to CR. The buses start running every day at 6:30.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #1702
mblake
Earning My Ears

Picture of the outside of AB

Is there a picture of the outside of the AB "cottages"?
Old 03-22-2013, 03:04 PM   #1703
CJK
BL II -Purple Team
Member of the RP Bad Girls Club
Mesmerized by Clay!
That feeling of accomplishment becomes addictive

Does mousekeeping refill your coffee everyday? TIA!
Old 03-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #1704
ohnowewontgo
Disney here We Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMMouse View Post
Thanks for sharing those pictures! We are booked in a GV RGR for August and these have gotten me so excited! Did you like your location in Oak Manor? I am thinking of requesting to be in that building rather than Parterre.
I loved Oak Manor. I had specifically requested that building since it was close to a bridge to get to the food court. There are certain parts of Parterre Place that could be considered closer to that bridge....and they're both equally as pretty.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #1705
ohnowewontgo
Disney here We Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2jack View Post
Thank you for sharing those pictures! I'm having a crappy day and those beautiful pictures brought a smile to my face! Only 62 days until our first visit to POR.
You're welcome! They got me excited too. We're going back in July and I can't wait! That place is so beautiful. And sooo peaceful.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #1706
ohnowewontgo
Disney here We Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylove1021 View Post
What building is this? I love the corner room. We are booked for a Royal Guest Room with a garden view in November.
It's Oak Manor. A very lovely building. Both are gorgeous though.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:30 PM   #1707
dsnydaddy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnowewontgo View Post

I loved Oak Manor. I had specifically requested that building since it was close to a bridge to get to the food court. There are certain parts of Parterre Place that could be considered closer to that bridge....and they're both equally as pretty.
Yeah. The right hand side if oak manor and the left hand side if Magnolia Terrace are the best for that bridge.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:55 PM   #1708
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian95 View Post
we are booked in a river view. is that more expensive than a preferred.thinking of paying for a upgrade to a preferred to be near main building. and south bus stop
River View is more expensive than Preferred Location by $5/night. However many of the river view rooms are actually in the 'preferred' buildings anyway - the River View rooms in building 14 for example are not much more than 50 yards from the food court door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by visitingapril09 View Post
Does anyone know how many Riverview Non Royal rooms there are in the Mansions? And what their location is?
See www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php for a chart of the quantities of each of the different room types. There are 27 River View rooms in the non-royal mansions, and 92 in the Royal mansions (due to the layout of Parterre Place providing more rooms which face the river).

Quote:
Originally Posted by visitingapril09 View Post
Andre, that last room you stayed in, was it a royal room or a normal riverside?
Royal, room 9239 in Oak Manor facing the marina. It was lovely (oh, and although you cloud hear the ferry boat horns on occasions, it certainly wasn't any sort of problem).

Quote:
Originally Posted by just teachin View Post
So if his king room isn't Royal Guest (don't know if they make kings as those wouldn't work for us), he'd be in another building.
Correct, there are no King Bed rooms in the royal buildings. So unless one of you gets switched to a different category (which I assume you do not want to do) the closest option would be Magnolia Terrace for the King room and Oak Manor for the Royal Room, and ask to be located as close as possible to the connecting pathway - either on the front by the river, or at the rear by the parking lot. The walk between the two can be pretty short, especially if you stick with ground floor rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
However I was referring to the building numbers..
I don't really care which room.. We would just like ground floor building 38,16,17 (from the map on the 1st page)
FYI: someone traveling with us has a medical disability, which makes it impossible to climb stairs..
I would suggest getting in touch with them further in advance of your stay to request a room on medical grounds if one of your party cannot cope with stairs. Better than just sending a general request. You could even contact the WDW special assistance line if you are especially concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlyzmom View Post
We will be staying in AB in June. Besides the obvious (stairs) is there a difference between upper and lower rooms?
Upper floor rooms avoid the risk of having a herd of elephants (or heavy-footed children, whichever might prove louder) in the room above you. Also upper floor can sometimes give nicer views. But there are stairs, and the general walking distances can be slightly longer too (as you need to get to the stairways first).

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciagirl View Post
I was wondering if it is o.k. not to plan and how many people just kind of wing it? Will I have trouble getting table service at night if I don't make a reservation before I leave or will I be able to make one the day I plan on going?
It's up to you. You will certainly be able to get some sort of table service meal on the day, but just don't expect to just be able to walk up to many of the more popular locations which can be sold out months in advance (Be Our Guest, Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's, California Grill, and many others).

If you're going at a busy time of year I really would suggest booking a few of the nicer places though if you don't want all your table-service meals to be at Nine Dragons or Tony's Town Square (where oddly enough it is often possible to get last-minute tables).

Even for restaurants where there is a credit-card guarantee, you can still cancel at 24 or 48 hours notice with no penalty at all, so as long as you remember to do so there's nothing much to lose by making some reservations, and then you've got something special to look forward to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mblake View Post
Is there a picture of the outside of the AB "cottages"?
There are hundreds at www.portorleans.org/gallery-POR-AB.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK View Post
Does mousekeeping refill your coffee everyday? TIA!
They should do, yes. And if for any reason they don't, just ask.

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 03-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #1709
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Andre if you need anything PM me I just have been way to tired lately to camp on here.

Same to anyone else if you need anything room fax help, or just advice feel free to PM me.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #1710
delilah18
DIS Veteran

Hello

Does French quarter or riverside have any resort specific merchandise?
POR RR Oct/Nov 2013
Sheraton Vistana. October 2014

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: