Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-21-2013, 11:00 PM   #1681
Shaden
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,906

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
When sending a building request

Do you send the building numbers from the map on 1st post of this thread?

Also after you sending a fax.. Does disney contact you? Letting you know if it has been filled?
You can absolutely request room numbers, and do so from the maps at portorleans.org, Put a few on though in case they can't get you the specific one you want.

Disney MAY contact you, but just because they do not contact you does not mean they did not get to fulfill your requests, it just might mean that they are/were busy when booking your room and don't/didn't have time to send you an email. Many people here have heard, many people here have not heard but still had their requests filled.
Shaden is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #1682
Shaden
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,906

Quote:
Originally Posted by abqgreene View Post
Also, we have dining reservations at the following for breakfast. What is the most reasonable way to get to them and he much time do I need to plan?

Heather

For your dining reservations, for the 2 at the Poly and GF, I think your best bet is to take the bus to MK and then take the monorail. Don't even have to enter the park and you will be there in a jiffy.
Shaden is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #1683
Lorilais_mommie
" They can drink pepsi, but they can't pee in the street." - WALT DISNEY
 
Lorilais_mommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Where it is cold!!
Posts: 2,642

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaden

You can absolutely request room numbers, and do so from the maps at portorleans.org, Put a few on though in case they can't get you the specific one you want.

Disney MAY contact you, but just because they do not contact you does not mean they did not get to fulfill your requests, it just might mean that they are/were busy when booking your room and don't/didn't have time to send you an email. Many people here have heard, many people here have not heard but still had their requests filled.
Thank you for your answer..
However I was referring to the building numbers..
I don't really care which room.. We would just like ground floor building 38,16,17 (from the map on the 1st page)
but all the preferred rooms are booked!
FYI: someone traveling with us has a medical disability, which makes it impossible to climb stairs..

I'm just not sure in the fax if I send those number or if they are called something else?
__________________
ME & DH DD (6) london (inf.)

Lorilais_mommie is offline  
Old 03-21-2013, 11:50 PM   #1684
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
Thank you for your answer..
However I was referring to the building numbers..
I don't really care which room.. We would just like ground floor building 38,16,17 (from the map on the 1st page)
but all the preferred rooms are booked!
FYI: someone traveling with us has a medical disability, which makes it impossible to climb stairs..

I'm just not sure in the fax if I send those number or if they are called something else?
The best thing to do is explain your requests and WHY you are making these requests. This makes it so much easier on the room assigner to know why you are requesting something. Please see this sample fax room request put together by the ever helpful venomhatch.

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...27&postcount=3
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is online now  
Old 03-22-2013, 06:33 AM   #1685
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon
 
Venomhatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL
Posts: 4,764

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
When sending a building request

Do you send the building numbers from the map on 1st post of this thread?

Also after you sending a fax.. Does disney contact you? Letting you know if it has been filled?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilais_mommie View Post
Thank you for your answer..
However I was referring to the building numbers..
I don't really care which room.. We would just like ground floor building 38,16,17 (from the map on the 1st page)
but all the preferred rooms are booked!
FYI: someone traveling with us has a medical disability, which makes it impossible to climb stairs..

I'm just not sure in the fax if I send those number or if they are called something else?
You can put the building numbers that's fine. You can even put some room numbers if you put some that reflect your reserved room type, river view, water view, etc... The building numbers are actually numbered like that at the resort. But your fine just like you want to send it in.

About the faxes you can send in faxes but may not get confirmation, you may get an email saying requests honored. But if you want to call them directly and ask to see if they received it or not PM me and let me know.
Venomhatch is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 07:05 AM   #1686
boundfordisney
I think my finger prints are still on the grab bars to this day
 
boundfordisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: hamilton ontario canada
Posts: 1,219

we are planning to book for September and had thought about booking at cbr which we LOVE, but now that Ive seen and read about por am starting to think I may change to here, seems the food court has alot more offerings then cbr, is this right? We are bringing other family and friends along and it will be their first trip to disney, will be booking 3 rooms and would like to have a pool view royal rooms.Also can you request a microwave for the room ? Grandchildren will be 2 and 1 year old and I think a microwave could come in handy for them. I really love cbr and hope I wouldnt be disappointed at por, it does look beautiful and there are some other things cbr doesnt offer like the carriage ride, fishing hole and entertainment, any input would be so helpfull as Im really leaning on booking here. thanks in advance for any help!
__________________
boundfordisney is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 07:50 AM   #1687
Cobern
DIS Veteran
 
Cobern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Clewiston, Fl
Posts: 830

Do they offer the campfire and movies during the month if May? I remember reading somewhere that it was seasonal
__________________
Disney Trips
May 2013 - POR Royal riverview room
January 2014 - AKV Kidani 2 bedroom savanna view
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Cobern is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #1688
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by boundfordisney View Post
we are planning to book for September and had thought about booking at cbr which we LOVE, but now that Ive seen and read about por am starting to think I may change to here, seems the food court has alot more offerings then cbr, is this right?
We've stayed at both and prefer CBR's food court to PORs. We prefer the layout and the offerings at CBR.


Quote:
Originally Posted by boundfordisney View Post
Also can you request a microwave for the room ?
I am pretty sure you can't. But there are some in the food court.

.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boundfordisney View Post
I really love cbr and hope I wouldnt be disappointed at por, it does look beautiful and there are some other things cbr doesnt offer like the carriage ride, fishing hole and entertainment, any input would be so helpfull as Im really leaning on booking here. thanks in advance for any help!
CBR is our favorite moderate, but POR is great too. We just happen to prefer the theme, laid back feel and feature pool of CBR. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is online now  
Old 03-22-2013, 08:42 AM   #1689
dansdad
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 1,209 miles from CBR.
Posts: 6,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
Do they offer the campfire and movies during the month if May? I remember reading somewhere that it was seasonal
Year round weather permitting (rain/lightning, etc).
__________________
ME DW DS12
dansdad is online now  
Old 03-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #1690
boundfordisney
I think my finger prints are still on the grab bars to this day
 
boundfordisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: hamilton ontario canada
Posts: 1,219

thanks for the info Dansdad, cbr is a favorite of ours as well, we love everything about it and have always had great service while there including the buses!If we book at por I think Id miss the beach area most of all! We have requested a microwave at cbr and housekeeping brought us one with no problems, didnt even charge us for it at the end of our stay, so if we arent able to request one at por this may factor in our decision. At the least I can always try a stay at por next time around as there is always another trip planned in our household!
__________________
boundfordisney is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 09:11 AM   #1691
scrappinggirl
Mouseketeer
 
scrappinggirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Amesbury, MA
Posts: 246

best way to get to Chef Mickey's

Hello sorry if this has been asked and answered but on the day we are leaving POR we have breakfast ressie's for Chef Mickey's. What is the best way to get there?
We are going to Universal that day after for 4 nights.
__________________

Me DH (Won't fly, not going) Kyle DS (12yrs old)
1989 ~Fort Wilderness
2006 ~ Comptemporary
2008 ~POFQ
2012~Disneyland (only 1 day)
2013 ~POR/Hardrock Universal
scrappinggirl is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 10:09 AM   #1692
Carlyzmom
AXIOM Crew Member
I see naked people all the time that are NOT pretty
 
Carlyzmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: S.E. Texas
Posts: 1,543

We will be staying in AB in June. Besides the obvious (stairs) is there a difference between upper and lower rooms? Which does everyone prefer? Should I make a request for one or the other? Maybe this is a dumb question, I just want to ask for the best option!
__________________
1976 Off site - age 5
1979 Off site - age 8
1992 Dixie Landings (POR) - Honeymoon
1995 Disneyland Hotel - California
1997 Fort Wilderness
1998 Fort Wilderness
2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013 Port Orleans Riverside

Me DH DD 13 DS 10
Carlyzmom is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #1693
luciagirl
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 18

to plan or not to plan

Hi, This our 1st trip to Disney since I was young and my 1st time staying on site and I noticed that alot of people seem to do alot of planning, dining reservations and such. I was wondering if it is o.k. not to plan and how many people just kind of wing it? Will I have trouble getting table service at night if I don't make a reservation before I leave or will I be able to make one the day I plan on going? We deal with hectic schedules at home and being on vacation we don't want to really be bogged down by a schedule and kind of want to take a laid back approach. We made one reservation for the Hoop Dee Doo because it is the one thing we really wanted to make sure we did. Any opinions?
luciagirl is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #1694
dramaticmissy
Mouseketeer
 
dramaticmissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dowagiac, MI
Posts: 376

bounce Back?

For anyone who has stayed recently, what was the bounce back offer in your room, very much considering planning our next trip even before we leave for this one, also wondering if I should pre-plan budgeting the deposit for the next trip.
__________________


June 1976-My first trip!
March 2006 @ POP dd's 2nd birthday
August 2007 @ SSR 11 day trip
November 2008- POP dd's 7th birthday
May 2013 Port of Orleans Riverside- All girls week
dramaticmissy is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 10:25 AM   #1695
dramaticmissy
Mouseketeer
 
dramaticmissy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dowagiac, MI
Posts: 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by luciagirl View Post
Hi, This our 1st trip to Disney since I was young and my 1st time staying on site and I noticed that alot of people seem to do alot of planning, dining reservations and such. I was wondering if it is o.k. not to plan and how many people just kind of wing it? Will I have trouble getting table service at night if I don't make a reservation before I leave or will I be able to make one the day I plan on going? We deal with hectic schedules at home and being on vacation we don't want to really be bogged down by a schedule and kind of want to take a laid back approach. We made one reservation for the Hoop Dee Doo because it is the one thing we really wanted to make sure we did. Any opinions?
I depends on when you are going and where you want to eat, I would advise making dining reservations, as long as you cancel 24 hours in advance there is not an issue. If there are certain places you want to eat I would make a reservation. but that is just me We did do one trip where we tried this a few years back, and we were stuck waiting a LONG time for a table. We did get into some different restaurants that we normally would not have went to but, I will always make reservations from now on
__________________


June 1976-My first trip!
March 2006 @ POP dd's 2nd birthday
August 2007 @ SSR 11 day trip
November 2008- POP dd's 7th birthday
May 2013 Port of Orleans Riverside- All girls week
dramaticmissy is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: