Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 12:31 PM   #151
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
I looked at the room layouts at http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php and it looks like all king rooms at POFQ are corner rooms, so no need to request one. By the way, this is the POR thread, but Andre and Venomhatch are on both threads, so no worries.
That isn't exactly true. The buildings are laid out in a "stair step" fashion. I have stayed in room 6140, which is a king bed room and is on the end of the "stair" on that section of the building, but it isn't a true corner room. It only has 1 window and I know that many true corner rooms have 2. It feels like it is in the middle of the building. I didn't care about having a corner room when I booked...I just wanted a king bed with a river view. But if you're wanting a corner room, you should request one. You may not be happy in room 6140 or other similar king bed rooms.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:47 PM   #152
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewilley View Post
I'll take some tomorrow for you. I also want to have a chat with the restaurants manager to get some specific info on what they offer for food allergies etc.

If anyone spots a middle aged chap with a camera and tripod before dawn around Riverside in the morning, say hi!

Andre
I would love to know about gluten free offerings....I am assuming they do gluten free chicken nuggets, fries and Mickey waffles as we had those at another resort and in the park. I hope I am right!!! Thanks for looking into the allergy question and have a great trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2013, 12:52 PM   #153
insureman
Disney Cruise Crazy or so my family tells me!

Location: Southcoast Massachusetts.Not close enough to Port Canaveral!

Quote:
Arrived a few hours ago after a looooooong trip from the UK. Going to get some sleep now in our lovely Royal Room, it's great to be 'home'. Bit chillier than August for the next couple of days though....!!

Andre
Andre glad you made it ok. Looking forward to some great pics.We'll be there this April. As far as being chilly we just had another 6 inches of snow today in southeastern Massachusetts with a temp of 22F (-5.5C) and 40 mile an hour wind gusts. Have fun!
Old 02-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #154
JeannineP4
Earning My Ears

Port Orleans Riverside Pool View Rooms

Does anyone know what rooms and areas are considered pool view at POR?
We are going to be there April 11th-14th and would like to plan. We stayed there August 2012 in a prefered room but only for 2 nights and didn't really get to see much as we arrived at 10pm on our first night. Can't wait to get there in less than 2 months!!
Old 02-17-2013, 02:10 PM   #155
alex9179
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeannineP4 View Post
Does anyone know what rooms and areas are considered pool view at POR?
We are going to be there April 11th-14th and would like to plan. We stayed there August 2012 in a prefered room but only for 2 nights and didn't really get to see much as we arrived at 10pm on our first night. Can't wait to get there in less than 2 months!!
From the first post on this thread.

For a complete guide to the booking category of every room at the resort, including clickable floorplan layouts of each building, please see the portorleans.org pages for Alligator Bayou, Magnolia Bend, and the Royal Guest Rooms.

When you click on the building on the map at Andre's site, they are color coded.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #156
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
There's a lot of pictures of both the food court and the gift shop (they sell some food items there as well) in this entry from easywdw.com:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...-bayou-part-1/

Thank you this was very helpful.

I noticed they have pizza....does anyone know if they are made fresh (as in they can leave off the cheese) or are they premade?
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 02-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #157
lillykat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll take some tomorrow for you. I also want to have a chat with the restaurants manager to get some specific info on what they offer for food allergies etc.

If anyone spots a middle aged chap with a camera and tripod before dawn around Riverside in the morning, say hi!

Andre
Thank you!!

If you get a chance could you ask what non dairy alternatives they offer for dessert, asking for a 5 year old. Also if any of them are not chocolate. Also can the pizzas be made without cheese (individual). My 5 yr old is allergic to milk (can eat limited things that have been baked but can't have any cheese, yogurt, butter or milk to drink so no ice cream), but she is also allergic to chocolate, strawberries. Oranges and shellfish. Contact is not an issue for all but the shellfish. We find the non dairy options are usually chocolate or strawberry. If you don't get to ask don't worry about it. Just figured I am trying to prepare what I need to order etc. Do they sell peanut butter or sugar cookies?
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 02-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #158
ChristineOH
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden's Momma
Sooo this Saturday is when we will be surprising our kids with our trip! On the present table there will be six numbered envelopes (dd bday party). She can't read yet so I am going to have my son read them. Each envelope will have a paper with a few sentences of how proud mommy and daddy are of them etc. The last one says we are going to Disney World! They are going to flip out lol. I am withholding info about the Royal room so they can be surprised. And the best news is that I measured DD this am and she is 40 inches! So she can ride most of the big ticket rides!
Yay! Have fun! And wonderful news on the 40 inches. My son just hit that for our first trip, and that was a massive relief. He would have been so sad, and not having as many rider switches is great for touring. We are keeping fingers crossed for this trip, as he is almost to 44".
Old 02-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #159
firstwdw
DIS Veteran

We are telling our DS this week-probably tomorrow- about our trip this spring to POR and I am about ready to burst I am so excited for him!!! He has no idea and he going to flip!!!!
Old 02-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #160
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Webcam of our rather lovely room view is up. It's on channel 2 at **********.com. A boat just went past.

[Edit: Darn, gotta love website politics haven't you? I'll put the actual direct feed of my own video stream on portorleans.org later so you can see it, but for now just Google "Eyes Ears webcam"]

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-17-2013, 06:26 PM   #161
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

I just saw that someone mentioned this on the "favorite snack" thread...

Magic Bars at Port Orleans Riverside food court

I'm intrigued! What is it???
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
Old 02-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #162
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRUAlmn View Post
I just saw that someone mentioned this on the "favorite snack" thread...

Magic Bars at Port Orleans Riverside food court

I'm intrigued! What is it???
It's my favourite treat in all of Walt Disney World

Here's a link to someone who has pictures on their recipe site. They are very rich and decadent but delicious and I plan on abandoning my diet to have one next week
http://magicalrecipes.net/mrpages/ri...rs-recipe.aspx
Old 02-17-2013, 07:23 PM   #163
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Webcam of our rather lovely room view is up. It's on channel 2 at **********.com. A boat just went past.

[Edit: Darn, gotta love website politics haven't you? I'll put the actual direct feed of my own video stream on portorleans.org later so you can see it, but for now just Google "Eyes Ears webcam"]

Andre
Well I cant find it.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #164
insureman
Disney Cruise Crazy or so my family tells me!

Location: Southcoast Massachusetts.Not close enough to Port Canaveral!

Quote:

Andre
Can't find it.
Old 02-17-2013, 07:45 PM   #165
erynsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto

It's my favourite treat in all of Walt Disney World

Here's a link to someone who has pictures on their recipe site. They are very rich and decadent but delicious and I plan on abandoning my diet to have one next week
http://magicalrecipes.net/mrpages/ri...rs-recipe.aspx
Although I have not had these ones, I make my version at Christmas every year. They are delicious!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: