Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #136
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicaca View Post
Anyone know? I think my question got buried quickly once Andre got on! Hope you arrived safely, and have a great trip!
I had a similar question because I'm going to be at POR then come back 8 days later to the Poly. I called bell services at the Poly directly to ask about leaving packages with them for 8 days and they said it wouldn't be a problem. I have heard that they will hold things up to 2 weeks BUT I felt MUCH better calling the hotel directly and talking with Bell services.

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 02-16-2013, 06:27 PM   #137
SRUAlmn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperwy View Post
I have a "river view" booked for Mar 2-9. I am traveling with my DS10 and DS16. I would like to be close to transportation and food (like everyone else!). It doesn't really matter to me which section we are in. Could you tell me which buildings would be the best to request? I looked at the map, but I wasn't sure which buildings would be river view but not preferred, since that wasn't available when I booked.

Thanks!
Kari
If you scroll halfway down the page here http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php you can click on each individual building. Once you click it will pull up the building layout and rooms will be color coded based on room type. That might give you a better idea of where the river view rooms are located.
**September 2004 - Pop Century (first trip together)
**January 2007 - POFQ (Wedding Planning Trip)
**July 2007 - Contemporary (WDW Wedding & Honeymoon)
**Thanksgiving 2007 - Pop Century
**July 2008 - Grand Floridian, Coronado Springs Jr. Suite, Contemporary Club Level MK View
**July 2009 - Boardwalk Inn Deluxe Club Level
**July 2010 - Animal Kingdom Lodge (Savanna View)
**June 2012 - Dolphin (2 Bedroom Grand Suite)
**June 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside (Royal Room)
**July 2014 - Bay Lake Tower (2 Bedroom, Theme Park View)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #138
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeperwy View Post
I have a "river view" booked for Mar 2-9. I am traveling with my DS10 and DS16. I would like to be close to transportation and food (like everyone else!). It doesn't really matter to me which section we are in. Could you tell me which buildings would be the best to request? I looked at the map, but I wasn't sure which buildings would be river view but not preferred, since that wasn't available when I booked.

Thanks!
Kari
Hey Kari, We will be down there from March 1st-9th also. Something about "best buildings etc." If you only have the three you could be in the Alligator Bayou area but, Alligator Bayou area usually is used for families or groups of five to six. Most likely you will be in the Mansions and if you don't have a royal room reserved then you will be down to either Magnolia Building and Arcadia House. Just my opinion Magnolia is the better choice Because it is a strait shot almost across the bridge to Ol Man Island and then another short bridge to the main building, food court, gift shops, and even the main bus depot aka South Depot.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:34 PM   #139
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Arrived a few hours ago after a looooooong trip from the UK. Going to get some sleep now in our lovely Royal Room, it's great to be 'home'. Bit chillier than August for the next couple of days though....!!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #140
germ539
Goofy is my favorite

Welcome Back!!!

Welcome back to the US Andre!!! Hope you have extra pixie dust sprinkled your way while you are here.
2013 - Port Orleans Riverside
Old 02-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #141
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amytech View Post
We are staying at the POFQ in May for our 26th wedding anniversary. Our son is currently in the CP and booked the room for us with his discount. He was able to book us a King bed room which is automatically a garden view or water view I believe. There was no place to make additional requests or mention that we are celebrating our anniversary. Does anyone know how we do that?

I have the confirmation # and I have booked dining reservations already and the system knows we have the room booked. I would LOVE a corner room since we will be in the room a lot with me studying and dh working a bit. We will only be going to a park one day and the rest of the time relaxing, studying and enjoying the resort.

Any help would be appreciated! We are so excited to be getting away and excited to see our son at the same time
I looked at the room layouts at http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php and it looks like all king rooms at POFQ are corner rooms, so no need to request one. By the way, this is the POR thread, but Andre and Venomhatch are on both threads, so no worries.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:30 PM   #142
MickeyEars
DIS Veteran

Welcome Home Andre!!! Glad you arrived safely...

Carla
Old 02-17-2013, 08:45 AM   #143
lillykat
DIS Veteran

84 more days!

When staying in the royal guest rooms...with 2 young kids and a stroller what would be the best bus stop for us. Would we be better to go to the main stop or to the stp by the mansions? I would hate to go to the closer one only to have the buses go by full. Is one location better than another? Sorry a little stressed about the buses. Last two trips were at the poly, and before that at AKL pre kids with a car. We didn't have the best bus experience at the poly. (No bus for a long time sometime 40+ mins other bus drivers opening doors saying to go to the TTC, monorail break down at epcot due to lightning and 1.5 hour wait to get back to the poly by bus after the fireworks with a 1 and almost 3 year old), etc.

Anyone have experience with POR and food allergies?

Anyone going soon can you snap some pictures in the food court for me? Pictures of the grab and go to see what soy milk, any soy yogurt options? What about of the drink refill choices? Trying to see what is available versus what I want to order from garden grocer
May 2013 POR Princess Trip! May 2010 POLY DD#2's 1st birthdaySept 2008 POLY - DD#1's 1st tripApril 2004 - AKL honeymoonJanuary 2002 at AKL
Old 02-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #144
amytech
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by siskaren View Post
I looked at the room layouts at http://www.portorleans.org/room-requests.php and it looks like all king rooms at POFQ are corner rooms, so no need to request one. By the way, this is the POR thread, but Andre and Venomhatch are on both threads, so no worries.
Thank you so much! Wonderful to know that the kings are all corner rooms. Sorry for posting on the wrong board and thanks for your help!
'05 All Star Music,
'07-'12 offsite trips,
May '13-POFQ, Aug. '13 BC
May '14- BC
Old 02-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #145
elfling8
Mouseketeer

PIF and online check in yesterday!!!! We are going to start our Disney movie night tonight, starting with Peter Pan I am going to have to get the Princess and the Frog from Netflix since we haven't seen it yet and will be staying in POR. We have a river view room, and I had called after we first made res. and added DH's b-day and requested AB. DS is a restless sleeper, and we would all be much happier if he has his own bed The only thing I could select for online check in was what floor, so I will send a fax when we get closer.
Getting excited!!!!!

Me DH
DD10 DS8
Old 02-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #146
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
Anyone going soon can you snap some pictures in the food court for me? Pictures of the grab and go to see what soy milk, any soy yogurt options? What about of the drink refill choices? Trying to see what is available versus what I want to order from garden grocer
There's a lot of pictures of both the food court and the gift shop (they sell some food items there as well) in this entry from easywdw.com:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...-bayou-part-1/
Old 02-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #147
andrewilley
Port Orleans Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillykat View Post
I'll take some tomorrow for you. I also want to have a chat with the restaurants manager to get some specific info on what they offer for food allergies etc.

If anyone spots a middle aged chap with a camera and tripod before dawn around Riverside in the morning, say hi!

Andre

For more info on the Port Orleans resorts, please visit www.portorleans.org
Now including a Trip Report forum - any comments on your POR/POFQ stays are welcome

Days Inn Lakeside: Apr/May 89 Disney's Wilderness Lodge: Feb 99Disney's Beach Club: Sep 07, Sep 09
Disney's Dixie Landings: Jul/Aug 95, Oct 96, Sep/Oct 97, Feb 99
Disney's Port Orleans Riverside: Sep/Oct 02, Jun 04, May/Jun 05, May 06, Oct 07, Aug 08, Aug 09, Feb 10, Halloween 10, Aug 11, Aug 12, Feb 13, Aug 13... and coming next, Aug 14
Old 02-17-2013, 12:14 PM   #148
Braden's Momma
Mouseketeer

Sooo this Saturday is when we will be surprising our kids with our trip! On the present table there will be six numbered envelopes (dd bday party). She can't read yet so I am going to have my son read them. Each envelope will have a paper with a few sentences of how proud mommy and daddy are of them etc. The last one says we are going to Disney World! They are going to flip out lol. I am withholding info about the Royal room so they can be surprised. And the best news is that I measured DD this am and she is 40 inches! So she can ride most of the big ticket rides!

(DH 32) (ME 27) (DS 7) (DD 3)

Annie

1985-1989 -Florida Resident - Multiple Day Trips
2000 - Off Property
2010 (May)- Port Orleans Riverside (Mansions)
2011 (May)- Caribbean Beach - Pirate Room - 1st Trip w/ our son
March 2013 - POR - 1st trip w/ our 4 yo !
Old 02-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #149
Smuckles
Suffering from Post-WDW Depression

Hi. I have some requests regarding Online Check-In and Room Requests at POR.

We'll be staying at POR for the very first time in late April. We'll be celebrating a number of things -- notably our anniversary as well as my birthday and my girlfriend's first visit. I have the fax template and plan to send it about ten days before arrival. This will also mark the first time the resort itself is important to me, as is room location.

I can complete Online Check-In two months prior to my arrival, but is it in my best interest? We paid for a garden view (accidentally, actually, but we're keeping it). We have three requests, in order of desire. My chief request is to be placed in Alligator Bayou, but we'd also appreciate a second-floor room, and then finally a corner room. I plan to call out a couple of building numbers as well, but that's not as important as being in AB and on the second floor.

First, are these requests unreasonable? I understand that they are requests only, but I imagine it's easier to fulfill reasonable requests. I have heard that if you complete Online Check-In, you are basically locking yourself in to whatever room you're assigned. This implies that by not completing Online Check-In, you are afforded a last opportunity to make a request known. I worry that a fax will get lost in the shuffle and I'll never know until I arrive. Sending a fax and then doing Online Check-In will certainly be a leap of faith.

Are these room request faxes typically given a response of some type? I plan to use one of those free website faxes, so I can't imagine I'll be able to receive a response fax. Will they e-mail/call/etc.? I don't want to seem uptight. Ultimately, if none of my requests are fulfilled -- if we're placed in Magnolia Bend, first floor -- I'll shrug and look at the bright side of being at Disney and have a good trip. I just want this to be perfect for our celebrations. I know it's not wise to want perfection, but it's natural to want the best for the person you love.

Thanks for any insight.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #150
socrmom3
Earning My Ears

We stayed in January. 8 nights....Bldg 24.. It was quiet, the room was great, we were right around the corner from the pool.. It was a nice 15 minute walk to old man island, had no kids with us this trip. The old issue we had was the boat to downtown Disney.. If you aren't in a hurry or in a need to get there or back, it's not bad. You go right by the Treehouses.. Highly recommend this resort. We online checked in, and we were in our room within 20 minutes from getting off of the magical express!!! I can't wait to go back!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: