Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2013, 12:30 PM   #1
WDWMaggie
Earning My Ears

Disneyland Paris Hotels

Hello everyone! I'm usually a "lurker" on this site, but I'm planning a trip to Disneyland Paris and need some guidance on where to stay.

I'll be using my DVC points for the hotel and I'm torn between Newport Bay, Disneyland Hotel and New York.

At the bottom of the resort description it says something about Fastpasses below the DLH but not the others. Are Fastpasses given to the guests that stay at the DLH, but not the others?

I'm so confused...and advice would be great!
Thanks!
Old 02-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #2
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

If you stay in the DLH you get an extra fast pass per person per night which can be used anytime except between 1pm-4pm

This is on top of you getting fast passes with your park pass

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #3
RobynPrincess
Looking around

New York and Disneyland hotel are so lovely, i've stayed in both and they are both my top 2 hotels in DLP. Please dont stay in Newport Bay, it no where near compares, it was without a doubt the worst disney hotel out of all of them (including the cheapest ones) it was dirty, shabby and really needed a refurb. The other 2 hotels are so nice it would be a shame to stay somewhere else that is so below par. I actually think its one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in for cleanliness.
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #4
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

I too would recommend the DLH or the HNY - DLH is gorgeous and at the entrance - HNY not too far through the village - both have hot breakfast.
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 HKDL Disneyland Hotel * December 2014 HKDL Hollywood Hotel * February 2015 DLRP Newport Bay Club *
New Trip Reports August and December Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3356993http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118

ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #5
daiseyirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynPrincess View Post
New York and Disneyland hotel are so lovely, i've stayed in both and they are both my top 2 hotels in DLP. Please dont stay in Newport Bay, it no where near compares, it was without a doubt the worst disney hotel out of all of them (including the cheapest ones) it was dirty, shabby and really needed a refurb. The other 2 hotels are so nice it would be a shame to stay somewhere else that is so below par. I actually think its one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in for cleanliness.

Oh no dont say that were staying there nxt mth and im ocd with clean hotel rooms. I feel alittle sick now:-(
daiseyirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #6
RobynPrincess
Looking around

Quote:
Originally Posted by daiseyirl View Post
Oh no dont say that were staying there nxt mth and im ocd with clean hotel rooms. I feel alittle sick now:-(
I'm sorry I'm OCD clean too. Go prepared for the worst and hopefully it will be much better x
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:03 PM   #7
daiseyirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynPrincess View Post
I'm sorry I'm OCD clean too. Go prepared for the worst and hopefully it will be much better x

Thanks will do , cant change it now as everywhere else is fully booked
daiseyirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:04 PM   #8
WDWMaggie
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much everyone! So now I'm between NY and DL. Is it worth the difference in price to stay at the DL hotel?
Old 02-10-2013, 05:42 PM   #9
tennisfan
Was told off for sliding down the banister at the SL
South Africa or California for me
Popped to the Boots

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWMaggie View Post
Thanks so much everyone! So now I'm between NY and DL. Is it worth the difference in price to stay at the DL hotel?
Depends on the difference. Personally I prefer the HNY out of the both, can't really put my finger on it but something attracts me more to that hotel. The HNY has a better, bigger pool too. If the DLH is a good deal then I would choose that but I don't think its worth the big difference they sometime choose. Others will say different though.

Trips:
DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, October, 1994, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 1998, DLRP - Hotel New York, June, 1999, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 1999, DLRP - Hotel New York, October, 2000, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, October, 2001, Walt Disney Studios preview, February, 2002, DLRP - Hotel Cheyenne, August, 2002, New York City, Easter 2004, DLRP - Hotel New York, August, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, November, 2004, DLRP - Day trip, September, 2005, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, Easter 2007, DLRP - Kyriad, June 2007 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2009 DLRP - Day trip, November 2009 New York City, February 2010 DLRP - Disneyland Hotel, June 2010 DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, September 2010 Stratosphere Hotel, Las Vegas, October 2010 DLRP - Day trip, January 2011, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, August 2011, DLRP - Day trip, January 2012, DLRP - Sequoia Lodge, June 2012, DLRP - Santa Fe, November 2012,
tennisfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #10
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

I'm so glad to hear all the positive comments about Hotel New York! I chose this hotel for our first DLP visit this July after doing extensive research online and on this board. DLH was out of our budget so we were between HNY, SL, and NB and I'm glad it seems I've picked the best out of those options!

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Mom’s Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
WDW Princess 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:58 AM   #11
ExpatDisneyLover
DIS Veteran

Location: Currently working for the Mouse in Beijing, China with Disney English.

Quote:
This is my take on it - DLH just feels magical to me - it is Disney pure and simple! The breakfast buffet looks fabulous. While I think HNY would be a good choice - kind of reminds me of the Swan or Dolphin on a much smaller scale - not a bad thing of course - just a different ambiance. May be look at some pictures and videos and see which one appeals to you more. As far as room comfort and amenities may be others can chime in more. If I got a good deal on it - I'd book DLH in a heartbeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
I'm so glad to hear all the positive comments about Hotel New York! I chose this hotel for our first DLP visit this July after doing extensive research online and on this board. DLH was out of our budget so we were between HNY, SL, and NB and I'm glad it seems I've picked the best out of those options!
IMO you made a great choice! Have a great trip!!
Jill * 1984 DL * 1986 WDW * 1994 Euro Disney * 1996 WDW * 2009 WDW POR * March 2010 DLRP Santa Fe * June 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * November 2010 DLRP Magic Circus * February 2011 DLRP Dream Castle * May 2011 WDW Sheraton Vistana / Hilton Bonnet Creek * September 2011 WDW Night of Joy Hilton DTD * March 2012 WDW Pop * April 2012 WDW AKL * May 2012 WDW SSR * August 2014 HKDL Disneyland Hotel * December 2014 HKDL Hollywood Hotel * February 2015 DLRP Newport Bay Club *
New Trip Reports August and December Hong Kong Disneyland http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3356993http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3323118

ExpatDisneyLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:20 PM   #12
WDWMaggie
Earning My Ears

So I booked the Hotel New York! I would have much rather booked the DLH, but for the points I went with HNY. We just need a nice place to stay for 2 nights so I didn't want to break the bank.

Next trip to Paris I'll book DLH!
Old 02-12-2013, 07:13 PM   #13
Disneyfanswicklow
Disney Fanatic!

Quote:
So I booked the Hotel New York! I would have much rather booked the DLH, but for the points I went with HNY. We just need a nice place to stay for 2 nights so I didn't want to break the bank.

Next trip to Paris I'll book DLH!
Was just about to recommend the HNY........you will love it!

Jo Olivia
Disneyfanswicklow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:38 AM   #14
Michael623
WDW 40 trips, DL 10 trips, DLP 2 trips, Currently WDW AP holder

I always though the DVC points value at DLP were way too high to consider especially since you still have to buy length of stay passes. Make sure you price out the packages using cash. I found them to be relatively reasonable, unless of course you have points to burn. I've stayed at Newport Bay and Sequoia Lodge and SL was way better. I agree with RobynPrincess that NB is a total dump. I though HNY felt a little sterile and more like a business/convention hotel (although I feel the same way about the Contemporary at WDW) but it was still very nice. DLH is definitely the best at DLP but to me the prices aren't justified.
Michael623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:26 AM   #15
bonhoga
DIS Veteran

OMG! So worried! Just booked NPB for a very special trip in September this year [my cousin's 60th and daughter's 21st], we thought it looked so lovely when we visited last year. Although we were only able to see the main public areas obviously....is it really that bad???? Maybe we should change?

And as for DLH and HNY, I have only stayed in the DLH which was really lovely , and the few times we have eaten or had a drink at the HNY the service has been very good. I'm sure both hotels would provide you with a wonderful stay

K

bonhoga is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: