Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > California & the West
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #1
CandMmommy
September

What to wear- huntington beach

Hubby and I along with our 2 girls are visiting March 19. We are from Oklahoma, so I have no idea what the beach will be like. Any suggestions on what we should wear? What will the temp feel like?
Thanks
CandMmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:18 PM   #2
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

I just checked Tulsa (didn't know where in OK you were) and HB and the weather averages are fairly similar -- low 60s during the day. It can get windy at the beach, and definitely take a jacket if you walk out on the pier -- it's always quite a bit colder out there.

The water is cold year-round, but good luck keeping them out of it!

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #3
CandMmommy
September

Thank you! It's usually a bit hotter feel here b/c it's either ridiculous winds or none at all!
I'm sure they will run right in it!
CandMmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #4
paulakimtrac
Disney Global Fun

Weather could be all over the place...could be chilly as others have said....could also be warm and sunny. Best bet to bring lightweight to medium layers. Often times mornings could be overcast and sun comes out later. Water usually always on the colder side.
paulakimtrac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #5
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

I just got back from a business trip to Oklahoma City.

As others have said, the weather out here is all over the place. This past weekend it was in the high 70s, right now it's mid 60's, and it's supposed to rain by this weekend. You really have to just stay tuned to the weather channels and dress accordingly.

Having said that, once the sun goes down expect it to be rather cool. In the sun, if it isn't windy, it can be quite nice. A couple of weekends ago, I was driving along PCH in Huntington Beach and could smell the wood smoke from the bonfires people were having on the beach. It was about 65º. It was around 5:30 or so. You might want to keep that activity in mind if it's warm enough. The grocery stores here usually have a bundle of wood you can buy.
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #6
PHXscuba
Mouseketeer since birth!
I am lucky to have kids who also love Disney and a husband who loves it (and us) enough to humor my passion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary Jo View Post
I just got back from a business trip to Oklahoma City.

As others have said, the weather out here is all over the place. This past weekend it was in the high 70s, right now it's mid 60's, and it's supposed to rain by this weekend. You really have to just stay tuned to the weather channels and dress accordingly.

Having said that, once the sun goes down expect it to be rather cool. In the sun, if it isn't windy, it can be quite nice. A couple of weekends ago, I was driving along PCH in Huntington Beach and could smell the wood smoke from the bonfires people were having on the beach. It was about 65º. It was around 5:30 or so. You might want to keep that activity in mind if it's warm enough. The grocery stores here usually have a bundle of wood you can buy.

Bonfire/salt air/beach smell ... my absolute favorite scent ever. I roll down ALL my windows when we get there and just drink in in.

PHXscuba
PHXscuba is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: