Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #31
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangamama View Post
I think the situation you described was highly unusual. My post is in response to the general tone of this over all conversation. Obviously if you are literally being attacked, that's different. Please don't interpret me as thinking what you were subjected to was in any way acceptable.
I'm not so sure about highly unusual, I think it's highly unusual for the incidents to be as bad as Jack's but they are very usual. I can't tell you how many times I've been in a crowd (say after fireworks) heading the same way as everyone else and the stroller pusher behind me is bumping into my ankles constantly. I've bled as well, from ankle "bumps" and straight out being rammed in the backs of my ankles. Every time I've turned around and the stroller pusher is looking away from me, right like I don't know it was you. I have said to them that I'm going as fast as I can and to please back off a bit and get in return, seriously, I can't go any faster, you making me bleed won't do ANYTHING. lol I should have flagged down security, next time I will, it has happened to be multiple times.
I would just say to those who bump into someone, just say you're sorry, that goes a long way.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #32
kangamama
Mouseketeer

I'm just having a hard time imagining a) how hard I would have to bump someone and b) what kind of stroller I would have to be using to cause someone to bleed. That's why this sounded highly unusual to me.
kangamama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #33
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangamama View Post
I'm just having a hard time imagining a) how hard I would have to bump someone and b) what kind of stroller I would have to be using to cause someone to bleed. That's why this sounded highly unusual to me.
Un-protected metal bars on an older stroller and the Mom was trying to jog thru a crowd of people and smacked Alex, She has had JRA since she was 2 and on and off steroids...she bleed like a stuck pig.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:06 PM   #34
Xenorye
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
Yes there have, please observe the number of people crowding the path and the agressive pose by the couple as they push the strollers along.

Jack
This made me LOL.
Xenorye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #35
crystal1313
DIS Veteran

We have been bringing strollers for the past 4+ years. We bring two. We go multiple times a year. I can count on one hand the amount of times I have accidentally ran into someone. If you really make an effort to be courteous while driving a stroller, it's not that hard to avoid hitting others. Sometimes, it's just plain unavoidable, as some posted when people jump in front of you and stop. I always make sure to apologize, whether I think it's their fault or not. You just have to realize you can't always navigate a crowd as you would like to, when you are pushing a stroller and have a lot of patience. I remember what it's like to be annoyed with strollers everywhere, but until you have to carry a sleeping child all the way back to your hotel (a mistake we made once!), then you realize how nice having a stroller is =) You're at Disneyland, kids are going to be there. Be happy you are at the happiest place on earth! =)
crystal1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #36
CandMmommy
September

This is Disneyland we are talking about. This is a place designed for children's joy! I'm sure no one has ever deliberately attacked someone else with a stroller. Accidents happen! People ( with and without strollers) need to take 2 extra seconds to look around them. Be respectful of others and their space as much as you can with thousands of people elbow to elbow. There are going to be people ( like me) in the park with small children and a stroller is a must.
If you bump, say " I'm sorry" and like wise for people who stop dead in front of you without warning.

Now Jack, is this a true story or do I sense sarcasm in your post? I really can't tell...
CandMmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:28 PM   #37
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal1313 View Post
We have been bringing strollers for the past 4+ years. We bring two. We go multiple times a year. I can count on one hand the amount of times I have accidentally ran into someone. If you really make an effort to be courteous while driving a stroller, it's not that hard to avoid hitting others. Sometimes, it's just plain unavoidable, as some posted when people jump in front of you and stop. I always make sure to apologize, whether I think it's their fault or not. You just have to realize you can't always navigate a crowd as you would like to, when you are pushing a stroller and have a lot of patience. I remember what it's like to be annoyed with strollers everywhere, but until you have to carry a sleeping child all the way back to your hotel (a mistake we made once!), then you realize how nice having a stroller is =) You're at Disneyland, kids are going to be there. Be happy you are at the happiest place on earth! =)
I've carried a sleeping kid for almost a mile. No shoulder carrier. No stroller. Just the kid (and already over 30 lbs) over my shoulder. My wife would never be able to handle it. I don't think I could do that with my wife over my shoulder though.

You should see what I do when it's time force a wakeup. I'll just put the kid down and see what kind of crankiness ensues.
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:42 PM   #38
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandMmommy View Post
This is Disneyland we are talking about. This is a place designed for children's joy! I'm sure no one has ever deliberately attacked someone else with a stroller. Accidents happen! People ( with and without strollers) need to take 2 extra seconds to look around them. Be respectful of others and their space as much as you can with thousands of people elbow to elbow. There are going to be people ( like me) in the park with small children and a stroller is a must.
If you bump, say " I'm sorry" and like wise for people who stop dead in front of you without warning.

Now Jack, is this a true story or do I sense sarcasm in your post? I really can't tell...
I think it's almost certain that someone has deliberately used a stroller to attack someone. You get all kinds of people at Disneyland, and some of them don't exactly understand the concept of limits or reasonable behavior once they get angry. For that matter, there are women raising their kids in prison, so obviously antisocial (or even criminal) behavior doesn't stop simply because someone has a child.

Once I remember seeing a mom with a kid getting into an argument with another customer in line at a Costco. A new register had opened up, and the solo customer jumped into it before mom with kid. The mom with the kid got upset that she took the place in line first and let her know about it. They started jawing, and mom was yelling about "don't talk to me like that around my child" while at the same time yelling and screaming. It was obvious that mom screaming was contributing (probably the biggest reason) to the child crying, but mom would stop because she "felt disrespected". Eventually a manager saw this and offered to open up a register just to serve this mom and separate the arguing parties.

Now mom didn't have a stroller. However, I don't believe for a second that she wouldn't have at least thought of bumping this other woman with it had she had one there, even with a kid in it.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:52 PM   #39
CandMmommy
September

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcla

I think it's almost certain that someone has deliberately used a stroller to attack someone. You get all kinds of people at Disneyland, and some of them don't exactly understand the concept of limits or reasonable behavior once they get angry. For that matter, there are women raising their kids in prison, so obviously antisocial (or even criminal) behavior doesn't stop simply because someone has a child.

Once I remember seeing a mom with a kid getting into an argument with another customer in line at a Costco. A new register had opened up, and the solo customer jumped into it before mom with kid. The mom with the kid got upset that she took the place in line first and let her know about it. They started jawing, and mom was yelling about "don't talk to me like that around my child" while at the same time yelling and screaming. It was obvious that mom screaming was contributing (probably the biggest reason) to the child crying, but mom would stop because she "felt disrespected". Eventually a manager saw this and offered to open up a register just to serve this mom and separate the arguing parties.

Now mom didn't have a stroller. However, I don't believe for a second that she wouldn't have at least thought of bumping this other woman with it had she had one there, even with a kid in it.
Really? You are certain she she would have attacked her? So did she ram her with her shopping cart instead?

And I have 2 kids, and if I'm ever solo in the grocery store, I always let a mom with kids go in front. It's common courtesy.
And I'm really confused by how a child being raised in a prison contributed to OP's repeated ramming by a stroller?
Old 02-13-2013, 03:29 PM   #40
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:

I do not tell stories and I did report the incidents on Dis at the time they happened. Believe me or not, thats your choice.
And Disneyland is not just a place for "childrens joy", its a place where people of ALL ages can come to have fun and be with their families.
Not sure where you got the only children thing...

Jack

Edit note: I also broke the fingers on my hand when my daughter closed a GCH door on the in the door jam...ouch.

Last edited by blackjackdelta; 02-13-2013 at 03:36 PM.
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #41
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Really? You are certain she she would have attacked her? So did she ram her with her shopping cart instead?

And I have 2 kids, and if I'm ever solo in the grocery store, I always let a mom with kids go in front. It's common courtesy.
And I'm really confused by how a child being raised in a prison contributed to OP's repeated ramming by a stroller?
I'm almost certain that someone has deliberately pushed (out of anger) a stroller into someone else while at Disneyland. The comment about prison is that antisocial people also have children and the accoutrements that come with having children.

I'm not certain that this mom would have rammed the other woman with a stroller, but that she definitely looked like it could have come to blows if she wasn't already carrying her kid. If her hands/arms were free I think it could have been a different story. Now I did get the sense that this woman would have even let her go ahead if she'd just asked, but she seemed to be more concerned with making a stink about it rather than just asking. Also the solo woman only had about one or two items carried in her hands, so the wait difference would have been trivial.

That the manager had to come out to diffuse the situation should say something about how serious it was. Everybody in line was staring at what was going on.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #42
dizneekrazee
Fullfilling my bucket list, one vacation at a time....

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta

And Disneyland is not just a place for "childrens joy", its a place where people of ALL ages can come to have fun and be with their families.
Agree.

DLR-Many times!!WDWTBD DCLfingers crossed for 10/15
Walt Disney Family Museum 3/12Club 33 8/12, 5/13, 8/13Pixar Animation Studios 1/13Aulani 4/13Walt's Apartment 5/13
dizneekrazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:15 PM   #43
CandMmommy
September

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta

I do not tell stories and I did report the incidents on Dis at the time they happened. Believe me or not, thats your choice.
Not sure where you got the only children thing...

Jack

Edit note: I also broke the fingers on my hand when my daughter closed a GCH door on the in the door jam...ouch.
No no, I honestly thought in the first few posts you were being sarcastic. Jeeze, what luck!?
I don't me " only" children, obviously. I mean there will be children there... So expect strollers!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #44
VandVsmama
Mouseketeer

removing my comments because what I originally posted was stupid & childish.
VandVsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #45
CandMmommy
September

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandVsmama
removing my comments because what I originally posted was stupid & childish.
I didn't see it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: