Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #16
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
Stroller Nazi's, my favorite subject. Over the last few years we have hadto take at least one child to ER for stitches. These people don't care, they only see where they want to go and will get there no matter what and as quickly as possible. One family was not so sorry, the hit was intentional to get my daughter to move fast...in the end security removed the family from the park. They did not know when to shut up.
Hopefully this year without the kids along my wife or I wont get bashed....

Jack
Yikes! The people using their strollers as a battering ram are few and far between (and should be ejected from the park). The majority of people try to be courteous with them. But maybe there are more rude people than I would have thought. Last week, we were at the FL rope drop. I could not believe the number of adults pushing strollers that were literally running to Peter Pan...
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego, September 2014 - Halloween Party! - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort

Last edited by starshine514; 02-13-2013 at 11:18 AM.
starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:09 AM   #17
3Minnies1Mickey
Just wanted to add, this is no longer a rumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta View Post
Stroller Nazi's, my favorite subject. Over the last few years we have hadto take at least one child to ER for stitches. These people don't care, they only see where they want to go and will get there no matter what and as quickly as possible. One family was not so sorry, the hit was intentional to get my daughter to move fast...in the end security removed the family from the park. They did not know when to shut up.
Hopefully this year without the kids along my wife or I wont get bashed....

Jack
Holy cow Jack!!

Mommy to 3 Princesses and 1 Handsome Prince
Me(34) DH(36) DD(12) DD(8) DD(6) DS(5)
Disneyland: many times as a kid * 10/05 * 12/07 * 9/09 * 10/09 * 12/09 * 6/10 *1/13*12/13
Walt Disney World: 9/11 2 weeks at BCV!!!
3Minnies1Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #18
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larina View Post
...Yes yes yes. And those frequent stoppers who then turn to give you a dirty look, what is that about. Thousands of people are walking down Main Street and you are going to dead stop in front of me with no warning? I'm a fast mover, I'm likely to run you over whether I have a stroller or not. Not on purpose, not to be mean, but because I'm in motion. You. Know what they say about a body in motion...

Stroller or not ... the people that suddenly stop in the middle of the walkways 3 or 4 people wide, blocking traffic, drive me nuts .... for heavan sakes move your party to one side or another
Old 02-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #19
starshine514
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaw View Post
Stroller or not ... the people that suddenly stop in the middle of the walkways 3 or 4 people wide, blocking traffic, drive me nuts .... for heavan sakes move your party to one side or another
I agree, but it's much easier to maneuver around them without a stroller or ECV.
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego, September 2014 - Halloween Party! - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort

starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #20
blackjackdelta
Uncle had an "in" with Walt
I love those rainy days with the decreased crowds

Quote:
Originally Posted by starshine514 View Post
Yikes! The people using their strollers as a battering ram are few and far between (and should be ejected from the park). The majority of people try to be courteous with them. But maybe there are more rude people than I would have thought. Last week, we were at the FL rope drop. I could not believe the number of adults pushing strollers that were literally running to Peter Pan...
You are right, out of 60,000 quests, but it only takes once to cause a big problem and unexpected bills. The offending couple got the bill for the stitches and the husband got the stuffins scared out of him...it was his wifes fault. Last year was the first year in a long time that we have not had some blood let.

Jack
blackjackdelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #21
yoyoyo
Mouseketeer

I call them baby bulldozers. Seems like whoever is pushing them thinks its their right to be right behind your heels. We avoid fantasyland at all costs just so we don't have to be in stroller hell.
yoyoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:44 AM   #22
BELLEDOZER
Evil MOM reporting for duty!!

The way I view it is that 99% of the people that have strollers in the parks are responsible for the most part. It's the 1% that get's everyone's dander up so to speak. It's those who cause problems for the rest of us. It's especially troublesome for me, as I wear either my Vibrams or thongs to the parks year round. This makes my feet more vulnerable to getting them hurt by strollers than the average person. However I'm not changing my footwear of choice, so it's a matter of being more aware what the people are doing around you. I walk in the parks like I drive, constantly aware what the people are doing around me, and ready in case someone steps in front of me.
BELLEDOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #23
coaches24
DIS Veteran

Im one of the stroller users and the complaints go both ways. I go out of my way to avoid bumping people in the parks and have no problem following along in the crowd. I also always say excuse me if I need to cut accross and end up cutting in front of people (which is impossible not to do at DL stroller or not). I cant tell you how many times I have had people try to pass me just to literally jump in front of my stroller and get bumped only to give ME the dirty look. Im straight forward and have told more than one person "dont look at me that way, your the one who jumped in front of a moving stroller without so much as an excuse me". They normally turn away disgusted and continue one.

And as others have noted the people that stop in the middle of a crowd without noting where they are at all are the worst stroller or not.

it all comes down to everyone being in a hurry (stroller or no stroller) and getting caught up in what THEY want and not caring about those around them. Everything becomes someone elses fault and not their own.
Old 02-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #24
bcla
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aristocat65 View Post
Ok with my flame suit on, I'll admit that I too, am a stroller hater. We never took our our son to Disneyland until he was 5, so I never used one there myself. The strollers these days are so large too, with their drink holders, etc, more like a baby bus than a stroller. It can be very hard to get around these at times.

It is interesting that when you see old photos or movies of Disneyland,or even photos from my childhood visits, there are almost no strollers in sight.

There's always been strollers and stroller parking at Disneyland.
bcla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #25
blackjackdelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcla View Post

There's always been strollers and stroller parking at Disneyland.
Yes there have, please observe the number of people crowding the path and the agressive pose by the couple as they push the strollers along.

Jack
Old 02-13-2013, 12:21 PM   #26
kangamama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaches24
it all comes down to everyone being in a hurry (stroller or no stroller) and getting caught up in what THEY want and not caring about those around them. Everything becomes someone elses fault and not their own.
Yes, this exactly! If you feel like you are getting attacked by a stroller, driven by an adult or a child, say something to the adult in charge. And everyone (stroller pushing or not) should pay better attention to where they are in relation to other people, especially in such a crowded place.

Seriously, Disneyland was the last place I ever thought I would have to worry about offending people by having a child in a stroller with me.
kangamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #27
blackjackdelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangamama View Post
Yes, this exactly! If you feel like you are getting attacked by a stroller, driven by an adult or a child, say something to the adult in charge. And everyone (stroller pushing or not) should pay better attention to where they are in relation to other people, especially in such a crowded place.

Seriously, Disneyland was the last place I ever thought I would have to worry about offending people by having a child in a stroller with me.
And you think we did not, all 3 times security was called to explain to the couples that what they were doing is not safe...they were dealt with.

Jack
Old 02-13-2013, 12:32 PM   #28
todzwife
There's nothing worse than walking around with a wet butt

We've gone several times and always brought strollers. I usually follow DH while I push the stroller so that if I run into someone it's HIM LOL!

Of course an "I'm so sorry" if you do bump into someone goes a long way in smoothing things over.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #29
kangamama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackjackdelta

And you think we did not, all 3 times security was called to explain to the couples that what they were doing is not safe...they were dealt with.

Jack
I think the situation you described was highly unusual. My post is in response to the general tone of this over all conversation. Obviously if you are literally being attacked, that's different. Please don't interpret me as thinking what you were subjected to was in any way acceptable.
kangamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #30
blackjackdelta

Quote:
Originally Posted by kangamama View Post
I think the situation you described was highly unusual. My post is in response to the general tone of this over all conversation. Obviously if you are literally being attacked, that's different. Please don't interpret me as thinking what you were subjected to was in any way acceptable.
I did not assume you were headed that way, people have gotten out of control the last few years of what they think they are entitled to.

Jack

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: