Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #16
~Tinkerella
Mouseketeer

My DH and I stayed there two years ago, just the two of us, and we loved it. It was so much fun walking the resort and re-living some of our youth!

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.....it's about learning to dance in the rain!"
~Tinkerella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #17
akaler2010
Mouseketeer

We stayed here in 2011 as 20-somethings and we loved it. We were worried it would be all families and we wanted a romantic vacation. It ended up being great. We were in the 50s and it was very quiet. The pool was usually not terribly busy. The only issue was it was a decent walk to get to the food court and buses, but it was a HUGE perk to not have to share. For how little time we spent in the room, it was great!
akaler2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #18
chrisc88
Mouseketeer

My mother and I stayed at POP in October. It is our favorite value resort. Personally I prefer it over the all- star resorts because you don't share buses with another resort (at least not when we have stayed)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

chrisc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #19
Cass1424
Earning My Ears

We go to Disney every year and we always stay at either Sports or Pop. We like both hotels for the price but here is a few tips on both. Sports - We have always stayed perferred which is always close to the pool or main building. Food court - Layout is good, Food - breakfast was just so so not a lot to order from. Lunch and dinner is ok if you just want a hamburger or pizza (both are good). Room servce we have never had a issue with as well as the room. Bus transportation to parks - this is the only thing we would complain about. Every time we stayed here 85% of the time we had to stand due to the crowd going or coming from the parks. Also sometimes the bus would go to the other two v-resort if there was standing room on the bus. This would delay us getting to the parks sooner. Pop - This is our favorite out of the two. We always stay perferred and never had a room issue. Food - their layout is strange but the food is much better and you have a better selection for all three meals. Bus - we love a lot better because 90% of the time we got a seat. Now of course it depends on what time you get the bus if the line will be long or not. I guess we have just been very lucky with this. Also this bus does not make any other stops to other resorts so we get to the parks / hotel in a good amount of time. Now if you really want a better meal at the v-resort then try Movies. We have not stayed there but we did our homework on DIS and found they have the better rating for meals 8.0, Pop 7.7, Music 7.6 and sports 6.5
Cass1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #20
trekker93
DIS Veteran

Smile Pop is our favorite resort!

We have stayed there now for many years with just the 2 adults. Our kids are grown up and stay on their own, also at POP! We love the atmosphere, food court, shop and easy buses. We also rent a car and found it is a quick ride to typhoon lagoon, epcot and downtown disney from Pop - about 10-15 minutes, depending on traffic.

1978(offsite),1984offsite,1990(DixieLandings),2004 ,2005,2006-off site,2007(POP),2008(POP),2009(POP),2010(Sept)-Pop Century,2011Sept.POPCentury,All Star Music - July 2012, Sept2012 POP, May 2013-POP,Sept2013 - POP
Next TRIP:POP Century - Sept.2014
trekker93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:36 PM   #21
travelgoddess
DIS Veteran

Me and my DH are also considering POP. We have never stayed at a budget resort before, but this time our budget kinda demands it. We are looking at Mid May, the schools should still be in session? Booking a preferred non pool view room....We are looking at 5/11-5/18. The budget resorts now have complimentary mini frig's in room? Can you walk to AOA?
Boardwalk Inn 2002
Wilderness Lodge 2003
Port Orleans French Quarter 2004
Wilderness Lodge 2006
Caribbean Beach Resort 2008
Port Orleans Riverside 2011

THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW!!!!
travelgoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:59 PM   #22
dee5224
Earning My Ears

Pop

I have stayed at all the values and all moderates. We really love POP we are 2 adults. The nice thing now is the bridge that connects AOA and POP together makes it nice to go and check out AOA we stayed there last Sept 2 weeks after Little mermaid opened and there was a whole lot of familys but the resort is so nice. We also like ASMusic.
dee5224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #23
dee5224
Earning My Ears

yes you get to AOA from POP you just have to walk over bridge and is done really nice
dee5224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #24
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

I've stayed at ASMu once, ASMo twice and Pop 7 times. The All Stars are fine but I prefer Pop. I like the theme and prefer the food court layout. At Pop nearly all food items are in the food court. At the All Stars if you want larger sized items like a larger milk you have to purchase that in the food court

Can't wait for my trip to Pop in May so I can walk over to AoA to check that out. The lasts time I was at Pop in Jan 12 it was still under construction.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: