Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #16
VAfamily1998
DIS Veteran

So you said you don't think mixing the male/female non family members is a good idea, but what about you and your GF? Do you plan to share a bed with her, or do you require separate beds, or are you open to either? Not trying to be nosey, just thinking that people might have different suggestions based on your answer.
VAfamily1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 10:23 PM   #17
KrazeeK120
DIS Veteran

Obviously, every family's situation is unique. Are your kids and her kids close? Or do they just kind of know each other because you two are dating? How long have they known each other? Obviously you do not need to provide me with these answers, but I think they could play a big role in your decision.

If it were me...I'd get 2 rooms someplace...anyplace. Yes, you and your girlfriend would be separated. I don't know what your typical arrangement is, but that may be best for the comfort of the kids. And it's only for a couple of days.

That's just MY opinion and like I said, your family situation may dictate something different.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #18
resiii
Earning My Ears

Whether my GF and I shared a bed wasn't critical to us on the trip. If it worked out great, if not as you said it's only a few days and we don't usually get to stay together anyway.

We have been dating for 3 years and the kids all get along well. We just don't see her daughter being comfortable sharing the room with any male (her brother, my sons, etc...) and would like to keep everyone comfortable.

Most likely we'll end up with 2 rooms with her son sharing with me and my boys to give "the girls" some privacy when needed.

Thanks for all your suggestions, am looking into them to see if any works well us.
May 2007 - POP - Mom's First Time
Sept 2007 - POP / SSR - Free DDP Free Upgrade Aug/Sept 2008 - ASMus / POP - Free DDP #3 - First Split Stay
Aug 2009 - POP - Needed recovery - Free DDP #4 Aug 2010 - POP - Home in Time for Bad News - Aug 2011 - ASSport - Short but Sweet
Aug 2012 - ASSport & Celebration Hospital
resiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:01 PM   #19
Reddy
Scrapbooker

if you need to go cheaper - how about camping??
I was kinda thinking having an RV with the girl & "adults" staying in it then let the boys share a tent
Old 02-25-2013, 01:40 AM   #20
N365PA
First rule of the bayou: never take directions from a gator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartdisney View Post
They only place I have experience with is the fort wilderness cabins. The back bedroom has a set of bunkbeds and a full size bed and in the living room there is the full size wall bed and the couch. Boys could get the back room, girls in the living room. Plus you could stock up the full kitchen to feed all of those boys without going broke!!
This definitely gives everyone the best sleeping arrangements. I also am a little biased to the Fort as we camped there at least once a year for the first 18 years of my life. Cant wait to move closer and take my family in a camper to the fort.

The other ideas of checking on renting DVC points for a 2 bedroom (or family grand villa or whatever they call it) is also a good option.

Clint
June 29-July 10: Copenhagen-Dover Disney Magic

N365PA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: