Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #16
dceks cruisers
Mouseketeer

I've heard of others booking for people not onboard and on our last cruise we were able to book for others for our same sail date that were not onboard but was told it was an exception to not have one of us in their rooms but was so much more open to let the bookings happen.

This time the person that helped us was a little cranky. She was sick the prior days but had to work that Wed/Thurs due to the new dates/itineraries announced and it was super busy so that might have impacted her. She would not let us book another room for another family. They turned away on the spot business as far as I'm concerned.

I filled out a DCL survey not too long ago asking if I'd like self serve rebooking kiosks and I would totally love that!
Old 02-23-2013, 06:21 PM   #17
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

We have never been given printed confirmations onboard either.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August
Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #18
melaniejh1016
Mouseketeer

I don't think they care what the surveys say. For the first time ever in my cruising history I gave not so nice reviews on the Dream and no one contacted me for specifics. My travel agent even submitted a formal complaint about a major issue we had and they basically replied with a standard form letter apology. Weak!
melaniejh1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #19
zellda
Mouseketeer

We booked in October for ourselves and our daughter and family (they were not on the cruise.) We thought everything had been processed as we had given our credit card info and permission to charge deposits for both staterooms to our account. I had transferred the bookings to our travel agent. When I arrived home and checked my credit card, I realized that the second (DD's) deposit had not been charged. I called DCL and asked about it. After putting me on hold for about 15 minutes, they told me my reservation was confirmed, but DD's had not been "completed." They were able to give me a reservation number, although since I had transferred the bookings, they were unable to give me any additional info or accept any payments. Everything had to go through the travel agent. We were finally able to work it all out, but it would have been so much easier if someone had just done their job like they were supposed to.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #20
melaniejh1016
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zellda
We booked in October for ourselves and our daughter and family (they were not on the cruise.) We thought everything had been processed as we had given our credit card info and permission to charge deposits for both staterooms to our account. I had transferred the bookings to our travel agent. When I arrived home and checked my credit card, I realized that the second (DD's) deposit had not been charged. I called DCL and asked about it. After putting me on hold for about 15 minutes, they told me my reservation was confirmed, but DD's had not been "completed." They were able to give me a reservation number, although since I had transferred the bookings, they were unable to give me any additional info or accept any payments. Everything had to go through the travel agent. We were finally able to work it all out, but it would have been so much easier if someone had just done their job like they were supposed to.
Sounds like you had a similar issue as us then. I just wish it would get resolved already. It's been 2 weeks and still nothing! They say it was expedited but I don't believe it now.
melaniejh1016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:27 PM   #21
DCL Repeaters
DCL addicts

Had a problem with on board booking on our 2/9 Fantasy cruise. DCL forgot to charge our credit card and the reservation was cancelled. Called today and they reinstated without any issues. Glad I looked to see if the reservation was on line.

Printed confirmations are a thing of the past. Long ago, you rec'd a print out of your confirmation either right on the spot when booking with an agent or delivered to your stateroom if you filled out a form and dropped it in the box.
DCL Repeaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #22
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL Repeaters
Printed confirmations are a thing of the past. Long ago, you rec'd a print out of your confirmation either right on the spot when booking with an agent or delivered to your stateroom if you filled out a form and dropped it in the box.
Long ago? Since when is last April long ago?

Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #23
ruadisneyfan2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dceks cruisers View Post
I filled out a DCL survey not too long ago asking if I'd like self serve rebooking kiosks and I would totally love that!
You can! If you brought a laptop (or some internet access device) you can visit DCL's website no charge. It knows you're at sea and includes the discount.

If you don't have devices, you can sign out a mini laptop from GS for free but you must sign for it and there's a huge fee if not returned of course. They'll show you how to log on and you can book online. Again, it knows you're at sea and calculates the discount.
This was suggested to me while waiting in a VERY long line on the Dream when it first entered service.

The only problem I have with that is there is no place to enter TA info. I had planned to eventually transfer to my TA but it's been a dummy date for a year and now that's too late to transfer as per the new TA transfer rules.

If you don't care to put a TA on it, it's easy peasy!

ruadisneyfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #24
anna08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL Repeaters View Post
Only once have I received a printed confirmation, but I will now request that one be left at my stateroom on the form when I fill it out. I really think that is your only way to assure the booking is correct. I have never gotten an email confirmation when I did not get a paper confirmation. My TA would call and confirm the booking with me, as I had designated them as my agent - maybe that's why no email sent.

I'm all for self booking kiosks!
Old 02-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #25
mikeymouse1223
Earning My Ears

We booked onboard during our Jan 5/13 cruise. It was a very smooth process. A cabin for the 4 of us on the cruise + a cabin for SIL and family who weren't on the cruise. Deposits given for both rooms, and paper confirmations received for each reservation. They were both transferred to our DU agent without a hitch. It's too bad there isn't any consistency with the whole process! I hope you get your 2nd room figured out!
mikeymouse1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:14 PM   #26
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

We made our first OBB in 2004. A printout would have been nice. All we get is the card we submit for a quote back with a handwritten note and a number to call an confirm.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV 3/31/2012, E 3/23/2013

DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August
Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #27
phoenixleigh
Mouseketeer

We made our first on board booking on the February 9th cruise and we received a paper confirmation. I am now glad I got one. I verified I was locked in when I moved my room to starboard side and added my child.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #28
dceks cruisers
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruadisneyfan2 View Post
You can! If you brought a laptop (or some internet access device) you can visit DCL's website no charge. It knows you're at sea and includes the discount.

If you don't have devices, you can sign out a mini laptop from GS for free but you must sign for it and there's a huge fee if not returned of course. They'll show you how to log on and you can book online. Again, it knows you're at sea and calculates the discount.
This was suggested to me while waiting in a VERY long line on the Dream when it first entered service.

The only problem I have with that is there is no place to enter TA info. I had planned to eventually transfer to my TA but it's been a dummy date for a year and now that's too late to transfer as per the new TA transfer rules.

If you don't care to put a TA on it, it's easy peasy!
This is a GREAT tip to know! Doing this next time!
Old 02-23-2013, 11:19 PM   #29
dceks cruisers
Mouseketeer

We have gotten a confirmation letter every time we've re-booked and we've done the leave a card, leave info on a slip of paper and in person. In person this last time we got the print out on the spot, walked away and 10 min. later noticed our stateroom was for port side and we wanted starboard side so we walked back, she noted it and a new print out was delivered to our room later that night. I've always gotten a print out statement type letter. It doesn't break out cost by each member but has the total and stateroom, date, res. #.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:30 PM   #30
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

On the Fantasy in December 2012, I asked the future cruise cast member for a OBB confirmation. She said they only confirm by e-mail.

Woody
woody73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: