Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #16
GervaisCouple
Mouseketeer

My boys would love to see Phineas and Ferb!
GervaisCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #17
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GervaisCouple
My boys would love to see Phineas and Ferb!
We saw them on the Fantasy in April.
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #18
DisSarahK
Missing Mickey...

Aww, that is cute.

Peter Pan made the cruise for my little boy (6.5 when we cruised). He knew my son's name and would pull him out of line (no matter what line he was in) whenever he saw him so that they could go do things together--the two of them were together a LOT and it was fantastic! They got up to a lot of mischief together and my little guy got to see and do a lot of things he wouldn't have otherwise been able to do.

DisSarahK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #19
Momma pls dont drink
Earning My Ears

Such a lovely sweet ask of DCL and such a shame he didn't get to meet his heros!

Maybe if the Mom and Dad or Parent or Guardian had read the Navigator they would have seen when and where the Characters were around!
Or called the PAL's phone line
Momma pls dont drink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:53 PM   #20
Momma pls dont drink
Earning My Ears

Or maybe they were busy
Momma pls dont drink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #21
MissDaisyofTexas
DIS Veteran

I don't think my boys would want to see a Prince. On our Dream cruise we saw The Incredibles, Woody & Jessie, Remy, Goofy, Donald, Pluto...my boys were find with all of them!
Old 02-13-2013, 12:50 AM   #22
MyYearWithTheMouse
Disneyland In A Year!

As far as missing the mark with boy marketing, Disney's biggest boy moneymaker is the Cars franchise. Cars Land at DLR is incredible and the Lightning McQueen/Mater meet and greet cars are amazing, but you can't pull that kind of thing off on a boat.

Shelby, head My Year With The Mouseketeer
MyYearWithTheMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:02 AM   #23
Mickeyhugger
DIS Veteran

Awww. I just want to scoop him up and give him a hug. I hope DCL writes back to him.

Mickeyhugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #24
jcjen519
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite2 View Post
As good as Disney is at merchandising, they miss the mark throughout the corporation in their marketing to little boys. Why don't they have the princes? How about Buzz and Andy? I have seen Peter Pan and Capt Hook on occasion. But Disney seems to be "all princess, all the time".

BTW - I have girls so the emphasis on princesses was great for us and DH didn't mind either
I agree with this. I have said Disney is missing a huge market with little boys. Wouldn't Jake the pirate be good on a Disney cruise? I can appreciate the emphasis on princesses (and my son likes them too) but it would be nice if there was more geared towards boys or both boys and girls.

2014: December: YC CL, 12/12 dream concierge, 10 days AKV-CL, 4 days poly cl June -1 day OKW, 8 days GF RPC march-April - 10 days Poly cl/ 2013: Bay Lake Tower TPV, fantasy concierge, bc cl, poly cl (2x), gf sl, vero beach resort 2012 - Vero beach resort, OKW, Poly cl (too many to count before that)
Husband, myself and 4 year old son
jcjen519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:33 AM   #25
JennyT2
Mouseketeer

That letter could have been written by MY Ethan who is 9 though he does NOT want to see princes' ..he wants Incredibles, Buzz, Phineas and Ferb all which were not on our May Fantasy cruise. And yes, Jack Sparrow did 1 or 2 meet and greets but they were always huge lines ... with WOMEN!!! Poor kids couldn't get to see him!

Next DCL trip May/2014
JennyT2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #26
Politzania
Mouseketeer

I would imagine male "friends of" face characters are a lot scarcer than females - especially in the reduced staff/crew of a cruise ship! That said, I'd be for more gender equity among face characters as well. I'd certainly be up for photo ops with Aladdin or Hercules!

I do find myself wondering what else these "friends" do on board during their work day. I'm fairly sure they're in the shows, either as their "Friends" or general performers - and that practice time takes up part of their day, but are they otherwise staffing Guest services or performing other admin-type work?
Old 02-13-2013, 01:51 PM   #27
DynamicDisneyDuo
DIS Veteran

I've never seen any "face" character cast members anywhere but the shows or meet n greets. But then I can't be everywhere at all times so I could have missed them. I believe they also help out with signing things. Not to say they don't do other things but it might be confusing for kids to run into Cinderella working at Guest Services or Hercules swabbing the decks.

DynamicDisneyDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:09 PM   #28
pillow
DIS Veteran

Give this kid 5 years, and he will LOVE the princesses!
pillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #29
joelnkelly
Mouseketeer

I will respond nicely to this and say I am guessing its an 'attention grab" by some parents. Honestly they have plenty of opportunities to meet other characters on board other than the princesses. Like someone posted earlier, check the navigator and it will list out when and where these are. Im guessing the letter was written because some parent was to lazy to read these daily schedules and assumed nothing else was offered because they saw the princesses lined up a few times with large lines.
joelnkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #30
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjen519

I agree with this. I have said Disney is missing a huge market with little boys. Wouldn't Jake the pirate be good on a Disney cruise? I can appreciate the emphasis on princesses (and my son likes them too) but it would be nice if there was more geared towards boys or both boys and girls.
Jake was also on our Fantasy cruise.
WVURunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: