Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #76
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludari
Those of you that need to park and cruise have you tried looking into parking at the train station? I plan on taking the train to the port in the morning and just walking to the port.
Amtrak/Metrolink are incredibly unreliable when it comes to time. I would make sure you are on the first train of the day if you are going to take the train that morning and not the day before.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #77
got2travel
Disney lover
Waking Tink's a special treat

I'm in. Also did the 2011 one. Right now I have my son and I booked, but I don't know if he will make it. Depends on where he ends up choosing for college. Might fly him home for the weekend so he can have his first Palo meal. Then again, might just take a friend with me.

Next: Oct '14 WDW / Jan '15 DCL B2B Caribbean
Past:Mar '14 DL / Jan '14 DL / Dec '13 DL / Jun '13 DL / Oct '12 DL then WDW / Jun '12 WDW & DCL Fantasy / Mar '12 DL / Dec '11 WDW / Mar '11 DCL Dream / Jan '11 DCL Wonder / Oct '10 DL / Sep '10 DCL WBTA / Apr '10 DL / Mar '10 DL / Jan '10 DL / Sept '09 DL / Mar '09 DL & Club 33 / Feb '09 / Nov '08 / Aug '08 DL & DCL PC Repo / Mar '08 DL / Aug '07 DL Paris-DCL Med Repo / May '07 AWE Red Carpet at DL / Apr '07 DL B-day trip / Nov '06 DL / Oct '06 DL / Aug '06 DL / June '06 WDW / Jan '06 DL / Nov '05 DL Tokyo / Oct '05 DL / July '05 DL / May '05 DL / Feb '05 1 day DL solo / Jan '05 DL / Dec '04 WDW / Oct '04 DL / June '04 DL (2 separate weekends) / April '04 DL & Club 33) / Jan '04 DL / Nov '03 DL / Oct '03 WDW / Aug '03 DL / Jun '03 DL / Apr '03 DL / Jan '03 DL.....many more DL visits, too numerous to list
got2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #78
ludari
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
Amtrak/Metrolink are incredibly unreliable when it comes to time. I would make sure you are on the first train of the day if you are going to take the train that morning and not the day before.
That's my plan.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014; Pixie Dust Challenge & 5K-May 2015
ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 11:59 AM   #79
SDDisneyFamily
Earning My Ears

Hi everyone I just booked this cruise today it will be myself Nicole my mother Connie and my son Anthony
Disney Fantasy 7-night Carribean Cruise October 26 2013

Connie Nicole Anthony

SDDisneyFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #80
cruella2006
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghatron View Post
To me, the Grand Californian comparison is a bad analogy. The hotel does not have included food and drink, nor does it have included kids clubs and access to incredible babysitters for only $6 per hour. I do not get adult time when I am at GC, nor do I get the full value of my $1400 because I am in the parks at least part of the time if not all; that's an additional cost either via tickets or APs.

A more valid comparison would be what other cruise lines are charging for a two-night cruise. Now, given how many comparisons there are between Disney's upcharge and other lines, one would think they would be more expensive. I was shocked to find out otherwise.

I decided to go to the most conventionally "cheapest" line: Carnival. To compare the same season, I had to find a 2-nighter in May, which is only out of Norfolk.

2 Nights in May on the Carnival Glory for 4 in an inside stateroom, including taxes: $1225.24

2 Nights in May on the Disney Wonder for 4 in an 11B, including taxes: $1214.80

HELLO.

Also, no airfare for us and it puts us over to Gold. Count me in!
I agree with you on the prices. Plus in reality, there is no comparing carnival to Disney no matter the price difference.
cruella2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 05:16 PM   #81
cruella2006
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturegirl View Post
Thanks for the info...I think we may use this place. We're driving down from Riverside the day of and will need a good place to park the car.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is any parking right at the port? I know the Port of L A has on site parking. If there is, is there a reason no one wants to park there?
We are driving in from Las Vegas and have parked in the parking at the Long Beach harbor a couple of times for our cruises. The reason you cannot do it in San Diego is that there isn't any parking lot. We are going to park in one nearby and there are shuttles that take you to the port. It cost about ten dollars a day so that is very cheap.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:22 PM   #82
cruella2006
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfunfamily4 View Post
we're booked. its our first Disney cruise! so excited. it'll be myself, DH and our 2 DD's (they'll be 10&13)
Hi , we are also booked and it will be myself, my husband and two daughters. They will be 11 and 14 at that time. Are your kids also girls?
Old 03-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #83
cruella2006
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
I'm booked on this! Cat 11B. My first inside. It should be ok for 2 nights, lol! Is this our cruise meet?
We are also in an inside state room. It's only two nights is exactly what we said. We are cruising also in June and saved the bigger room with a view for that one.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #84
cruella2006
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpan47 View Post
Hello everyone!

We are booked on the Cruise to Nowhere! Our group consist of 8 people, myself, my DD, my DB, my DS, my DIL, and my three grandkids. We are excited about sailing out of San Diego and will probably take the kids to LegoLand the day before we sail. The kids don't know yet,and we are debating as to when to tell them. My DIL says she doesn't want to answer the "how many days" question every day for over a year so we will wait for a little while, anyway, before we tell them :-)
sorry but we are new and do not know what " my DD, my DB, my DS, my DIL" means...can you share the code with me? lol thanks.
Old 03-02-2013, 05:39 PM   #85
cruella2006
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturegirl View Post
Thanks for the info...I think we may use this place. We're driving down from Riverside the day of and will need a good place to park the car.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is any parking right at the port? I know the Port of L A has on site parking. If there is, is there a reason no one wants to park there?
the place we are using is called park and go and is on pacific highway costing only ten dollars a day. Also includes free shuttle to and from the terminal. See you there!
Old 03-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #86
cruella2006
Earning My Ears

Anyone have kids that want to meet?

Hi, this will be our fifth Disney cruise and we cannot wait! Our roll call is easy, it will me myself, my husband and our two girls who will be 11 and 14 at the time of the cruise. Anyone else have kids that might want to hang out together?
Old 03-02-2013, 06:31 PM   #87
Presley
Mouseketeer

We are going:
2 adults, 2 young adult kids, and a 17 y/o. I imagine my 17 y/o will be in Vibe the whole time like he usually is.

Hubby and I have been on Wonder before. My daughter and her BF are doing their first cruise. My daughter is a major Disney fan. If she doesn't get seasick, she'll have a good time.

For those parking at the port, here is a link to a parking lot.
http://www.portparking.net/port/port...cruise_parking
Presley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 09:34 PM   #88
disnygirl55
Meeska Mooseka Mouseketeer

Hello all!

Very excited to join the Cruise to Nowhere - this will be cruise #4. Our first cruise ever was on the Wonder, so it will be nice to sail on her again. We also booked B2B to go to Vancouver after this - so we will hit Gold status much less painfully than I anticipated!

Staying in the same stateroom as we did on the Wonder in 2007, and was able to book the same room on the B2B. So excited that we won't have to re-pack!

Sailing will be me, DH, and DS, who will be 12. We are on a Fantasy Eastern on June 1 this year, and his first time in the Edge - pretty sure we won't see him on either of these trips except at dinner!

We are planning to fly into LAX on Thursday, and spend Thurs and Fri at Disneyland. Hoping that we will be able to "package" the stay (probably Grand Californian) along with a shuttle to San Diego on Saturday morning. If anyone has done this on a previous California Coast cruise, I would appreciate your advice!

Also requested to join the FB group.

Nice to "meet" you all!

disnygirl55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:56 AM   #89
PizzieDuster
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruella2006 View Post
sorry but we are new and do not know what " my DD, my DB, my DS, my DIL" means...can you share the code with me? lol thanks.
DH Dear Husband
DW Dear Wife
DD Dear Daughter - then you can add the age (DD14)
DB Dear Brother/Dear Boyfriend
DS Dear Son (DS6 and DS10 for example)
DF Dear Friend
DIL Daughter In Law
BIL Brother In Law
MIL Mother in Law
You get it...don't ask me how the 'dear' got in front of them...lol, just sayin, sometimes DD14 is not so 'dear'...lol

B2B Back to Back cruises

Royal Carribean - Explorer of the Seas 4/16/06
Royal Carribean - Freedom of the Seas 4/8/07
Returning to the Magic - 6/29/08 - West Coast
Liberty of the Seas - 4/09
Disney Wonder Mother/DD12 Cruise to Nowhere 1/21/11
Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera 1/29/12 Mother/DD13 Cruise (taking Grandma and Nephew DN5 along)
Disney Wonder - 1/24/14 5 Night Wonder {gift}
Disney Fantasy - 3/29/14 Western
PizzieDuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:45 AM   #90
couturegirl
Let's Cruise, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PizzieDuster View Post
Hello everyone!

DH Dear Husband
DW Dear Wife
DD Dear Daughter - then you can add the age (DD14)
DB Dear Brother/Dear Boyfriend
DS Dear Son (DS6 and DS10 for example)
DF Dear Friend
DIL Daughter In Law
BIL Brother In Law
MIL Mother in Law
You get it...don't ask me how the 'dear' got in front of them...lol, just sayin, sometimes DD14 is not so 'dear'...lol

B2B Back to Back cruises

Awesome!

Now you can answer THIS for me, lol! What is DD or double dip cruise? I've heard of B2B, but is this the same, or different?
couturegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: