Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2013, 12:53 AM   #61
couturegirl
Let's Cruise, Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIREST1OFALL
It's called San Diego Airport Parking on Kurtz Rd. It's nothing fancy, just a lot. But I have never had bad service there, they shuttles are frequent and the prices are good.
Thanks for the info...I think we may use this place. We're driving down from Riverside the day of and will need a good place to park the car.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is any parking right at the port? I know the Port of L A has on site parking. If there is, is there a reason no one wants to park there?
couturegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:29 AM   #62
FAIREST1OFALL
DVC Member, DL and WDW AP, DCL newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by couturegirl View Post
Thanks for the info...I think we may use this place. We're driving down from Riverside the day of and will need a good place to park the car.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if there is any parking right at the port? I know the Port of L A has on site parking. If there is, is there a reason no one wants to park there?
I can't think of where it would be. I'm relatively familiar with that area, but I've never cruised out of there so I can't say for sure. If you look on the port's website it gives you some suggested park and cruise locations.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #63
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I can't think of where it would be. I'm relatively familiar with that area, but I've never cruised out of there so I can't say for sure. If you look on the port's website it gives you some suggested park and cruise locations.
The Port of SD website says no one going on a cruise is allowed to park at the pier.
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:34 AM   #64
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

So did we figure out if there are park, stay and cruise hotels there? I need one night.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #65
jetskigrl

Ignorance is definitely bliss sometimes!
Ok...lets shake things up a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIREST1OFALL View Post
It's called San Diego Airport Parking on Kurtz Rd. It's nothing fancy, just a lot. But I have never had bad service there, they shuttles are frequent and the prices are good.
Thanks!!! I added this to my travel notes!!
DCL: Wonder - January 2011, Dream - B2B April 2011, Wonder - April 2012 (MR), Wonder - Sept 2012 (Pixar Pacific Coast), Fantasy - June 2013 (Eastern), Wonder - May 2014 (Cruise to Nowhere), Wonder - August 2014 (Alaska)

Next Up:
jetskigrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #66
SueEllen
Proud Iced Tea Snob
Laughs when thinking
Olga Tickaboomskya

Sorry--I check Facebook a lot more than I DIS.

There are quite a few "snooze and cruise" locations (where you can leave your car.) I have booked a couple of these for clients in the past. One of my agents just stayed at the Dana on Mission Bay (located right by Sea World)...they offer a "Snooze & Cruise" package.

If you are looking for something in the Comfort Inn type of accommodation, there is a Comfort Inn, Gaslamp. They offer complimentary transportation to the cruise ship, but they do charge for parking at the hotel. There is a Hampton Inn (Downtown) that is really close to the ship (walking distance--about 2 blocks.)

If you want to stay around Old Town (which is a neat area), there is a Courtyard by Marriott that offers free transportation to the cruise ship. Old Town is about 5 miles away from the port.

The Mariott Gaslamp is only a couple of blocks away as well, and is a nice hotel.

Because we live so close by I am very familiar with the area, so let me know if I can answer any questions.

Sue Ellen
Old 02-26-2013, 11:19 PM   #67
FAIREST1OFALL

Are you referring to the Marriott Seaport Village? I think there are a lot of hotels that are closer to the port that that. I thought it was about 6-8 blocks away from the port? I have nothing against that property, I like it very much, but it's not where I would choose to stay if I were wanting to be close to the port. But, if I was more interested in being close to the Gaslamp that would be a good choice.

My choices for near Gaslamp district would be:
In this order:
US Grant
Hyatt Machester
Hard Rock Hotel
Marriott Seaport Village

Near the port:
Westin
The W
Doubletree by Hilton
Hampton Inn
Residence Inn

I'm also an admitted hotel snob, that's my disclaimer.
Old 02-27-2013, 02:55 AM   #68
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Are you referring to the Marriott Seaport Village? I think there are a lot of hotels that are closer to the port that that. I thought it was about 6-8 blocks away from the port? I have nothing against that property, I like it very much, but it's not where I would choose to stay if I were wanting to be close to the port. But, if I was more interested in being close to the Gaslamp that would be a good choice.

My choices for near Gaslamp district would be:
In this order:
US Grant
Hyatt Machester
Hard Rock Hotel
Marriott Seaport Village

Near the port:
Westin
The W
Doubletree by Hilton
Hampton Inn
Residence Inn

I'm also an admitted hotel snob, that's my disclaimer.
I love nice hotels too. Which if the nicer Gaslamp District hotels allow you to leave your car there and have cruise port transportation?
Old 02-27-2013, 02:57 AM   #69
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

The Gaslamp district is so much fun! I remember going to live jazz and to places for salsa lessons and sangrias! Also just great to walk around.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #70
FAIREST1OFALL

I found this link that might help you, but it really looks like mostly average rated hotels have the snooze and cruise package, aside from The Dana, which is not near downtown/Gaslamp/port.

http://www.sandiego.org/articles/cru...san-diego.aspx

Personally, I would stay where I felt the most comfortable and then just park at a park and fly lot. It's only three days so the parking fees won't be that much. But, that's my personal opinion.
Old 02-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #71
ludari
DIS Veteran

Those of you that need to park and cruise have you tried looking into parking at the train station? I plan on taking the train to the port in the morning and just walking to the port.
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014; Pixie Dust Challenge & 5K-May 2015
ludari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #72
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I found this link that might help you, but it really looks like mostly average rated hotels have the snooze and cruise package, aside from The Dana, which is not near downtown/Gaslamp/port.

http://www.sandiego.org/articles/cru...san-diego.aspx

Personally, I would stay where I felt the most comfortable and then just park at a park and fly lot. It's only three days so the parking fees won't be that much. But, that's my personal opinion.
Thanks!
Old 02-27-2013, 10:20 AM   #73
FAIREST1OFALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludari View Post
Those of you that need to park and cruise have you tried looking into parking at the train station? I plan on taking the train to the port in the morning and just walking to the port.
There's metered parking on the street in front of the train station and there is a lot adjacent to the station that charges about $13/day. You can usually find a park and fly/cruise lot for about $9/day. But, you are correct, you're within walking distance to the port.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #74
Crittsmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIREST1OFALL View Post
There's metered parking on the street in front of the train station and there is a lot adjacent to the station that charges about $13/day. You can usually find a park and fly/cruise lot for about $9/day. But, you are correct, you're within walking distance to the port.
We used that lot a few years ago, we sailed on Radiance of the Sea. Came back 5 days later and the car was fine. It was a long wait to get out of the parking area though, I think there was only one cashier. We paid for the bicycle taxi to take us/luggage to the ship to be dropped off, coming back we just rolled everything across the street.
Crittsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:17 PM   #75
Crittsmom
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
Actually that's 95% means that 95% of the categories have availability. Here's an example, if there were 20 different categories (cat 11c, 11b, etc.), the 95% number means that 19 (19/20 is .95)of the categories have a cabin that's available to book. It doesn't give you an idea about how many cabins are available (could be just one cabin in each category) but just that 1 of the categories are completely sold out (i.e. cat R). The rest (19) have something available to book.

It took me a while to understand this concept. a question on the cruisefish forum, lol.
Thank you so much for setting me straight. I sincerely appreciate it!! Now I can tell more people about the cruise and hope they can come along too!!
Crittsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: