Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #166
halfmonkey
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 406

just booked this trip!

Yeah! Family is super excited to go especially the kids. My wife and I have been on a cruise before and actually went on a cruise for our honeymoon but nobody in the family has been on a DCL and so we're super excited to go. We're going with my parents and mother-in-law.

Now that we booked the cruise, I'm hoping that my fellow cruisers can offer some input and advice. While booking the cruise through Costco online, it only offered us second seating for dinner which is fine with us but is there a way for us to request to sit together at the same table?

When we booked the rooms, we were able to get 2 room next to each other but I noticed when viewing the types of rooms available, it said that our selection on rooms may have either a queen bed or two twin beds. Is there a way to request for the twin beds?

As far as the upper level bed that requires a ladder for the child to climb into, I asked a question in another post about the railing. How do I go about actually asking for the extended railing?

Is this something that I'm able to do after final payment is made while registering or whatever it was that they said I had to do 3 days prior to sailing or is this something that I call Costco Travel to speak to someone and make the request with them?

Also, if I want to make a reservation at one of the nice restaurants that is pay out of your pocket, how do I do that?

Sorry for the many questions but again, I'm a noob when it comes to sailing with DCL and it's been a while since my wife and I went on our honeymoon cruise.
halfmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 11:18 AM   #167
Meghatron
DIS Veteran
 
Meghatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfmonkey View Post
Yeah! Family is super excited to go especially the kids. My wife and I have been on a cruise before and actually went on a cruise for our honeymoon but nobody in the family has been on a DCL and so we're super excited to go. We're going with my parents and mother-in-law. Now that we booked the cruise, I'm hoping that my fellow cruisers can offer some input and advice. While booking the cruise through Costco online, it only offered us second seating for dinner which is fine with us but is there a way for us to request to sit together at the same table? When we booked the rooms, we were able to get 2 room next to each other but I noticed when viewing the types of rooms available, it said that our selection on rooms may have either a queen bed or two twin beds. Is there a way to request for the twin beds? As far as the upper level bed that requires a ladder for the child to climb into, I asked a question in another post about the railing. How do I go about actually asking for the extended railing? Is this something that I'm able to do after final payment is made while registering or whatever it was that they said I had to do 3 days prior to sailing or is this something that I call Costco Travel to speak to someone and make the request with them? Also, if I want to make a reservation at one of the nice restaurants that is pay out of your pocket, how do I do that? Sorry for the many questions but again, I'm a noob when it comes to sailing with DCL and it's been a while since my wife and I went on our honeymoon cruise.
Welcome!

Since you booked with Costco, you will need to call Costco Travel and have them make your requests as your travel agent.

For sitting together at dinner, they will need to make sure your rooms are linked together; since you booked them at the same time they already should be, but they can double check.

Bedrails and twin beds can be requested on your reservation beforehand (by Costco Travel) or you can tell your room steward once onboard. The Wonder is the only DCL ship that still has the beds that can be split into twins, so if you ever sail DCL again the others ships will not have that option.

As a first time cruiser, you will be able to reserve Palo, the spa, and the nursery at 75 days before we set sail by logging in to your reservation on the DCL website. Make sure you pay in full at least a few days beforehand since that will also be the day cancellation fees apply.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards
__________________
Me DH DD (5) DS (2)
Disneyland Annual Passholder; eloped in Snow White's Grotto
Castaway Club Gold; miss having DCL in our backyard!
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-01-2013, 03:08 PM   #168
Meghatron
DIS Veteran
 
Meghatron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,718

Just to clarify: room linking and special requests go through Costco Travel. Specialty restaurants and other onboard activities, plus port adventures on cruises you may take in the future, are booked by you even when you have a travel agent. I realized I hadn't made that clear in my previous post.

Sent from my Tricorder using DISBoards
__________________
Me DH DD (5) DS (2)
Disneyland Annual Passholder; eloped in Snow White's Grotto
Castaway Club Gold; miss having DCL in our backyard!
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #169
bekkio
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Aliso Viejo, Ca
Posts: 113

just booked! DH and I will be leaving the kids at home in order to celebrate our 20th anniversary. Need to figure out the best way to tell them that we're going, but they're not.

We booked a 9c gty using DVC points, since we decided not to do a family trip to WDW next summer. This will be our 4th cruise, but the first time we've booked a gty.

We're just up the road in Orange County, so we're looking forward to driving to port, rather than having to fly somewhere.
bekkio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #170
4MyDisney
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 10

Disney Wonder Thanksgiving Cruise Getting Super Excited!

We did last years Christmas Cruise on the Magic and returning this year to meet back up with our table mates we met.. What a great place to meet wonderful new friends. As well my Dear Friend, her daughters and 81 year old super awesome fun mom will be aboard also. We will get the best of both worlds, since this year the ship will be decorated early for Christmas and the characters will be in Christmas dress as well for pics

Last edited by 4MyDisney; 10-28-2013 at 12:55 PM. Reason: sorry posted in wrong place
4MyDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:58 AM   #171
kirkaliciasmom
Mouseketeer
 
kirkaliciasmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Manteca, ca
Posts: 358

Hi all! I just booked us on this cruise. It will be my 4th Disney cruise, my dd 12, 3rd, and dbf 2nd DC. Levi, 7 (at cruise date) and Emily 6 will be with us too. This is their first Disney Cruise (well their first cruise.....). I see some familiar names on here. I also was on the Pixar cruise and cruised on the Fantasy in May of this year. (Hi Rose!) I'm looking forward to time flying by.
__________________
Diana



kirkaliciasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:03 PM   #172
Shulie13
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hokes Bluff, Alabama and Henderson, Nevada
Posts: 196

Welcome to our short little cruise...I haven't been on the disboard in a while, just got back from a cruise in October. Just to let everyone know there is a Facebook group for our cruise. Julie
Shulie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #173
ClaudioCruisers
Earning My Ears
 
ClaudioCruisers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bonita CA
Posts: 25

FE lists

Sorry for not viewing the disboards more often. If you want to join the 2nd FE list, see my post Page 9. #131

I think we have a few spots left on 2nd group
__________________
ClaudioCruisers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #174
Lauragar
Jonesing for the next Disney Cruise!!!!
 
Lauragar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 38

Hi everyone, This will be our 10 cruise. I'm so excited. Hurry up May!!! I haven't been on for a very long time, so I just wanted to check in. Have a Great Friday!!!
Lauragar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #175
clavo
Earning My Ears
 
clavo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 10

what is the facebook group name to look for?

Shulie, what group name do I look for on facebook? I would love to join.
clavo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:22 AM   #176
connellr
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 41

Hi ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkaliciasmom View Post
Hi all! I just booked us on this cruise. It will be my 4th Disney cruise, my dd 12, 3rd, and dbf 2nd DC. Levi, 7 (at cruise date) and Emily 6 will be with us too. This is their first Disney Cruise (well their first cruise.....). I see some familiar names on here. I also was on the Pixar cruise and cruised on the Fantasy in May of this year. (Hi Rose!) I'm looking forward to time flying by.
Hi Diana! So glad you booked this one! Excited for this cruise. Ella and I watched the Disney Cruising show on the destination channel last night and we both wished we were leaving today for the trip! Did join the FE for this cruise? Short lists with 10 cabins.
connellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:58 AM   #177
Shulie13
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hokes Bluff, Alabama and Henderson, Nevada
Posts: 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauragar View Post
Hi everyone, This will be our 10 cruise. I'm so excited. Hurry up May!!! I haven't been on for a very long time, so I just wanted to check in. Have a Great Friday!!!
If you haven't found the page on Facebook yet it is listed as Disney Wonder San Diego Cruise to Nowhere! Hope this helps. Julie
Shulie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:12 AM   #178
4Harts
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 7

HI! This is our 1st cruise and I've just started reading about all the fun things like the FE group. I think it would be a blast for my daughter whose birthday will be that weekend, and sounds like fun to make the FE gifts! Can we join even though we're not on the FB group (I know I should be on FB but I just don't have the patience...lol)? I just saw the 3rd group and signed up. Hope that's ok, but please advise and thanks!

Last edited by 4Harts; 01-22-2014 at 01:09 AM.
4Harts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:28 AM   #179
ClaudioCruisers
Earning My Ears
 
ClaudioCruisers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bonita CA
Posts: 25

FE list 3 is online. Go ahead and enter your data.
__________________
ClaudioCruisers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 01:38 AM   #180
ClaudioCruisers
Earning My Ears
 
ClaudioCruisers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bonita CA
Posts: 25

4harts, what part of San Diego do you live. We live in Bonita
__________________
ClaudioCruisers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: