Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2011, 02:25 PM   #1
Curious & Curiouser
Mouseketeer

Red face Cruise Meet Sept, 9th 2012 Dream

Starting a new Thread for our up coming cruise since I couldnt find one
Whose gonna be with us
Sept, 9th 2012 on the Disney Dream ?!

Curious & Curiouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:41 PM   #2
Curious & Curiouser
Mouseketeer

This will be our 1st ever Cruise ! Park Pro's = Cruise Newbies I have done some reading on the FE (Fish Extentions) and I love this idea ! and am super excited about doing it Now we just need to get a whole bunch of us in on the fun
SO WHERE ARE MY FELLOW CRUISERS lol
I know it's a long way out but lets stick it out together

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #3
Makayna
Something brought you here, Flynn Rider. Call it what you will... fate... destiny........ A horse.

Hey C & C.

My fiancé and I will also be on this cruise (well, he'll be my husband by then. ). Very excited! I'm not sure if we'll participate in an FE exchange yet though. We're gonna see how the one goes on our first trip in 3 months, and then decide then. But, it's good to know some other people on the cruise!
Old 06-03-2011, 02:03 PM   #4
Curious & Curiouser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makayna View Post
Hey C & C.

My fiancé and I will also be on this cruise (well, he'll be my husband by then. ). Very excited! I'm not sure if we'll participate in an FE exchange yet though. We're gonna see how the one goes on our first trip in 3 months, and then decide then. But, it's good to know some other people on the cruise!
Thanx for joining Makayna ! It's great to have other people to talk to about the cruise This will be our 1st cruise, like i have mentioned before we are Park Pros = Cruise Newbies so we are looking for any tips we can find.

Are you doing the FE on your Honeymoon Cruise?? If so you will have to let me know how it goes as all i know about this "FE" thingy is what i have read on here in last weeks

Can't wait to see how many will join us, I know it is far away and still early yet but i am hopeful

Old 06-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #5
Makayna
Something brought you here, Flynn Rider. Call it what you will... fate... destiny........ A horse.

Yep! We're doing FE's on our honeymoon cruise. We're choosing to make them, so it might take a while, but so far, I'm happy with how they're turning out. This will be our first cruise, and so the one on Sept. 9th, 2012 will be our second cruise (unless we book another cruise in between these two on board THIS September!!! ). So where are you from? How many in your party?
Old 06-06-2011, 11:02 AM   #6
Curious & Curiouser
Mouseketeer

That is Awesome ! I have only learned about the FE in the last few weeks lol and it sounds like a super fun thing to try. I planned on making them also myself. I think it will add to the anticipation. And I love doing crafts You will have to let me know all about it when you come back Oh how many do you have in your "group" ? And did you make your FE pockets as well? If posibul i would love to see pictures

We are from MA ... where the tornado's just hit last week. Parts of town are no longer standing but we were lucky and it missed our house completely Where are you from??

Getting married is such an exciting time in your life! And stressfull make sure you take the time to enjoy it

I got me a Party of 5 lol My husband and I will be married 10 years on April Fool's Day of next year so the cruise will also be a celebration or that. And then there is of coarse my babies lol my son Baillie will be 13, daughter Gwyndolyn will be 9, and daughter Jenavieve will be 8. My son is all excited about the Aqua Duck lol and the fact that he has clubs on the cruise that he can go to but mom, dad, and the lil sisters can not.

I know it's early still but i reallly hope we get a good size crowd.

Old 06-06-2011, 11:13 AM   #7
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list.

Have a great cruise!
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 12:26 PM   #8
Curious & Curiouser
Mouseketeer

Whoo-Hoo we made the list !

Now just to wait and see who comes and joins us !

Old 06-12-2011, 08:49 PM   #9
Curious & Curiouser
Mouseketeer

Can't believe there is noone else with us

Old 08-07-2011, 10:50 AM   #10
Makayna

I'm sure there will be. It's still REAAAAALY early.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:58 AM   #11
Makayna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious & Curiouser View Post
That is Awesome ! I have only learned about the FE in the last few weeks lol and it sounds like a super fun thing to try. I planned on making them also myself. I think it will add to the anticipation. And I love doing crafts You will have to let me know all about it when you come back Oh how many do you have in your "group" ? And did you make your FE pockets as well? If posibul i would love to see pictures

We are from MA ... where the tornado's just hit last week. Parts of town are no longer standing but we were lucky and it missed our house completely Where are you from??

Getting married is such an exciting time in your life! And stressfull make sure you take the time to enjoy it

I got me a Party of 5 lol My husband and I will be married 10 years on April Fool's Day of next year so the cruise will also be a celebration or that. And then there is of coarse my babies lol my son Baillie will be 13, daughter Gwyndolyn will be 9, and daughter Jenavieve will be 8. My son is all excited about the Aqua Duck lol and the fact that he has clubs on the cruise that he can go to but mom, dad, and the lil sisters can not.

I know it's early still but i reallly hope we get a good size crowd.
Sorry I haven't been posting here at all. I'm kinda focusing on my cruise coming up THIS September. But after we get back, I promise to pay more attention to this thread.

To answer your questions, so far, we have 58 people in our FE group. I think about 20-something cabins. I AM making my FE, but I am NOT a seamstress at all. CAN NOT SEW!!! So, my mom's helping me and I'm doing my best. I'm not sure how it's going to turn out yet. I'm more crafty than I am with sewing, so yes, I am making our FE gifts. FH is working on one of the FE gifts as well as the door magnets, while I am working on the FE and most of the FE gifts. He's more technical, so he's got the technical stuff while I take the crafty stuff. It works.

I'm sure we'll get a decent crowd. It just takes time. Even people on the DIS boards here who HAVE signed up might not be joining the thread yet because we're still over a year out. Give it time, and I think we'll have a good group.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:35 PM   #12
Makayna

Well, now that my other cruise is over with, I need another cruise to focus on. Anyone else going on this cruise?!?!
Makayna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 09:23 PM   #13
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

DH and I will be joining you!

We just booked today! We took our first ever cruise this past Sept. The evil marketing geniuses at Disney sent me a picture frame magnet with a picture of the Dream and an offer of a discount on our next cruise. We got that a couple of weeks ago and it's been working on me ever since!

Today I convinced DH that we should go on this cruise since our 12th anniversary of our Disneyland wedding is on Sept 12. Looks like we will be spending that day on CC as long as the itinerary doesn't change.

We did not join the FE group on our last cruise. We did decorate our door and really loved the way it looked every time we came back to our cabin. I'm sure I will do that again. Not sure yet about FE for this cruise.

I'm sure as time draws closer, we will see a lot more people show up here. It will be great to have others to share my excitement with, since by the time we were ready to leave on our last cruise all our friends were getting sick of hearing me talk about it constantly!
Old 12-08-2011, 03:33 PM   #14
perfectmatch300
United We Stand
Will ride anything with "roller coaster" in the name!

Wow! Doesn't look like we have had much traffic here lately! Guess I'm not the only one who doesn't check in very often.

I'm already thinking about my door magnets. Trying to decide which ones I can re-use from our previous cruise and what I want to make new. I waited until the last minute on our first cruise and ended up making things way more hectic for myself than they needed to be as we got ready to set sail. It will probably still be hectic this time knowing me, but at least I will (hopefully) have my magnets done!

I am already driving our friends crazy counting down the days! Think I'll go check the PC webcam!
Old 12-24-2011, 10:18 AM   #15
kerstfan1
DIS Veteran

i just booked today for the cruise will be sailing for the first time and it will be my birthday

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: