Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2013, 01:31 AM   #181
JessB320
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 823

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinLucifer

I said healthy infants waiting to be adopted don't exist! Since there is a demand for healthy infants it makes no sense that there would be healthy infants waiting to be adopted unless there were ridiculous hoops to jump.
Where is your proof IN NUMBERS that all 3000 infants are special needs? That is what you are saying that they are all special needs, what statical proof do you have?
JessB320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:32 AM   #182
JessB320
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 823

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinLucifer
Here are profiles of people who just want a healthy baby who are obviously in the dark about your secret infants waiting for homes:

http://www.parentprofiles.com/
Read through this thread and see the multiple people who have adopted infants from foster care.
JessB320 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-14-2013, 01:37 AM   #183
LuvinLucifer
Mouseketeer
 
LuvinLucifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessB320 View Post
Read through this thread and see the multiple people who have adopted infants from foster care.
I never denied there were people who adopted infants through foster care. They were waiting for the baby though. The baby wasn't waiting for them. There are a surplus of parents rather than babies, which is why the article you posted gave tips on what one can do to increase their chances at being one of the lucky ones who gets to actually adopt an infant, which included be open to older children and those with special needs. Are you seriously going to deny that there isn't a demand for infants rather than vice versa?
LuvinLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:41 AM   #184
JessB320
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 823

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinLucifer

I never denied there were people who adopted infants through foster care. They were waiting for the baby though. The baby wasn't waiting for them. There are a surplus of parents rather than babies, which is why the article you posted gave tips on what one can do to increase their chances at being one of the lucky ones who gets to actually adopt an infant, which included be open to older children and those with special needs. Are you seriously going to deny that there isn't a demand for infants rather than vice versa?
And you change the subject again,

you keep saying there are no healthy infants available for adoption and waiting in foster care. That is what I disagree with, you have no actual numbers that show all the infants in foster care are special needs.
JessB320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:42 AM   #185
LuvinLucifer
Mouseketeer
 
LuvinLucifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessB320 View Post
Where is your proof IN NUMBERS that all 3000 infants are special needs? That is what you are saying that they are all special needs, what statical proof do you have?
The proof I have is the fact that there are a surplus of people who want to adopt healthy infants and articles upon articles of personal accounts of adopting through foster care. The demand is for adoptive parents for special needs and older children(which is why sites for available children only include them). If you are going to state something that goes against logic have real stats.
LuvinLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:45 AM   #186
LuvinLucifer
Mouseketeer
 
LuvinLucifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessB320 View Post
And you change the subject again,

you keep saying there are no healthy infants available for adoption and waiting in foster care. That is what I disagree with, you have no actual numbers that show all the infants in foster care are special needs.
My numbers are the surplus of people waiting for healthy infants. It defies the laws of supply and demand for there to be healthy infants waiting.
LuvinLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:48 AM   #187
JessB320
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 823

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinLucifer

The proof I have is the fact that there are a surplus of people who want to adopt healthy infants and articles upon articles of personal accounts of adopting through foster care. The demand is for adoptive parents for special needs and older children(which is why sites for available children only include them). If you are going to state something that goes against logic have real stats.
Where are your stats?
JessB320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:54 AM   #188
LuvinLucifer
Mouseketeer
 
LuvinLucifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessB320 View Post
Where are your stats?
There are 22,000 babies placed for adoption a year and about 500,000(a conservative estimate) waiting to adopt.
http://statistics.adoption.com/infor...-to-adopt.html

Seriously, why do you think there are wait lists to adopt? Why do birth mothers choose from hundreds or thousands of profiles? There are thousands of people desperate to adopt a healthy infant. Even in the Baby Scoop Era(when far more infants were available) there was a surplus of infants.
LuvinLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:56 AM   #189
JessB320
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 823

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinLucifer

There are 22,000 babies placed for adoption a year and about 500,000(a conservative estimate) waiting to adopt.
http://statistics.adoption.com/infor...-to-adopt.html

Seriously, why do you think there are wait lists to adopt? Why do birth mothers choose from hundreds or thousands of profiles? There are thousands of people desperate to adopt a healthy infant. Even in the Baby Scoop Era(when far more infants were available) there was a surplus of infants.
No, where are your stats that say every infant awaiting adoption in foster care has special needs?
JessB320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:00 AM   #190
LuvinLucifer
Mouseketeer
 
LuvinLucifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessB320 View Post
No, where are your stats that say every infant awaiting adoption in foster care has special needs?
You are the one who is making an assertion that defies logic,(That there are healthy infants waiting to be adopted while there are a surplus of those who want to adopt them), so show me your stats that show there are healthy infants available.
LuvinLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:03 AM   #191
JessB320
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 823

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinLucifer

You are the one who is making an assertion that defies logic,(That there are healthy infants waiting to be adopted while there are a surplus of those who want to adopt them), so show me your stats that show there are healthy infants available.
I'll take that as an admission you have no stats and no hard evidence to back up what you say. Next time have your facts straight first.
JessB320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:09 AM   #192
LuvinLucifer
Mouseketeer
 
LuvinLucifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessB320 View Post
I'll take that as an admission you have no stats and no hard evidence to back up what you say. Next time have your facts straight first.
You are the one who has nothing to back up what you say. I've shown that there are more people wanting to adopt infants than infants available for adoption. The laws of supply and demand dictate that there aren't any infants available for adoption unless there is a caveat such as special needs or special hoops to jump through(has as been discussed in your own links). It's illogical that there would be healthy infants available for adoption when there are so many people waiting to be chosen by a birth mother. You are the one making the claims that defies logic, so support it with an actual source. Where are all these healthy infants?
LuvinLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:22 AM   #193
JessB320
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 823

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinLucifer

You are the one who has nothing to back up what you say. I've shown that there are more people wanting to adopt infants than infants available for adoption. The laws of supply and demand dictate that there aren't any infants available for adoption unless there is a caveat such as special needs or special hoops to jump through(has as been discussed in your own links). It's illogical that there would be healthy infants available for adoption when there are so many people waiting to be chosen by a birth mother. You are the one making the claims that defies logic, so support it with an actual source. Where are all these healthy infants?
You keep spinning your wheels that's fine. But tell me this, why are 13,000 children under 2, 3,000 of them being under 1, being reported as available and waiting to be adopted out of the foster care system. Did I just make those reports up?

Oh And you saying 500,000 are waiting to adopt? The very next sentence says only 100,000 had applied to adopt, and those numbers were from 1997

I have no idea where you got 22,000, as YOUR same website says the average number of adoption each year through the 1990s was 120,000 a year . In 1992 again YOUR website says the number was 127,441
JessB320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:22 AM   #194
LuvinLucifer
Mouseketeer
 
LuvinLucifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 452

Even though you have dismissed every source of mine I should hope the NYT would be good enough for you to see that the demand is for infants rather than parents. This is from 1987, so it's even more drastic now:

Quote:
''We have 12 to 15 prospective parents for every easy-to-place baby,'' said Raymond Chirosky, an official in California of the Children's Home Society, a national private adoption agency, referring to what he and others describe as the most sought-after child: a white infant with no physical or mental handicaps.
http://www.nytimes.com/1987/04/05/us...ted=all&src=pm


This article says white infants are highest in demand, but there is still a demand for babies of all races.
LuvinLucifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 02:33 AM   #195
JessB320
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 823

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvinLucifer
Even though you have dismissed every source of mine I should hope the NYT would be good enough for you to see that the demand is for infants rather than parents. This is from 1987, so it's even more drastic now:

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/04/05/us...ted=all&src=pm

This article says white infants are highest in demand, but there is still a demand for babies of all races.
WHOA, well first I don't think a newstory about the custody battle of one infant 26 years ago is a good example to start with. Second this is a quote from one person describing their one adoption agency. Third the quote is in reference to WHITE infants without mental or physical disabilities. I'm sorry but if you consider an infant that is anything other than white as special needs then that's a totally different can of worms and maybe those parents should wait
JessB320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.