Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
FairestOfThemAll37
Mouseketeer

Narcoosee's or Jiko for V-day?

Hi Guys,
Long time lurker, first time poster here. I am trying to decide between Narcoosee's and Jiko for Thursday evening. I've been to Jiko before and loved it, but I've heard great things about Narcoosee's and the atmosphere there. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for thoughts ^_^
FairestOfThemAll37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
Itinkso
Faith.Trust.Pixie Dust

We ate at Jiko recently and there were children at all the tables that surrounded us! Never been to Narcoossee's but it looks beautiful and has a more romantic look to it. I think that would be my choice. And, welcome to the Boards as an official "Poster!"
WDW 6/14 - Off-site; 2/14 - AoA; 12/13 - Off-site; 1/13 - AKL; 10/12 - Pop; 4/12 - Off-site; 11/10 - BWI CL; 8/10 - POR; 7/09 - POFQ; 4/04 - ASMo; 2/97 - CBR ~ DLP 7/2012 ~ DLR - Mother Ship ~ August 6, 2005 - Magical Cruise of the Mexican Riviera ~ Sept. 29, 2012 Fantasy Western Caribbean
Itinkso is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #3
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairestOfThemAll37 View Post
Hi Guys,
Long time lurker, first time poster here. I am trying to decide between Narcoosee's and Jiko for Thursday evening. I've been to Jiko before and loved it, but I've heard great things about Narcoosee's and the atmosphere there. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance for thoughts ^_^
First post. Congrats.

We've been to both and enjoyed both. Both are very quiet and the food is exceptional. Narcoosee's has lobster on the menu. I hope you can get an ADR at one of them.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
AirGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #4
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

I've been to both and I have to say the last time we went to Narcoossees I found myself comparing it to Jiko and I have to day Jiko was my preference. We loved Narcoossees years ago but I don't think it's as good as it once was and that Jiko kind of comes out ahead now.
jwfla422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:05 AM   #5
gdrj
DIS Veteran

For Val Day for a couple Narcossee's. Family Jiko. Of course if you don't have resv by now it doesn't matter
gdrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:25 AM   #6
Disney_Princess83
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairestOfThemAll37 View Post
Hi Guys,
Jiko is more of a family sort of restaurant. The food is great but there are many people from the AKL resort who come here for dinner and bring their kids straight from the parks ect.

Narcoosee's is more adult oriented. There will still be children there but it has a different feel. I'd pick this one.

Almost 6 Weeks at Disney.... it's Happened! October & November 2013! Trip Report and Food Review to Follow Soon

Starbucks has arrived at WDW! MK, EPCOT and soon the entire World!
Add me on Twitter: @OzGoofyPrincess
Disney_Princess83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:10 AM   #7
dakcp2001
Am I wrong to want a cashier and bagger?
Chicken wings are his crack

Narcoosees!
dakcp2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:14 AM   #8
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

That is a tough decision, I think they are both excellent restaurants. With that said, I give the slight edge to Narcoossee's. Perhaps the food IMHO is slightly (meaning very close) better at Jiko but I love the location and atmosphere of Narcoossees. Watching the Electric Pagent go by and seeing Wishes, along with the romantic feel of Grand Floridian and the property, especially on Valentines day is the clincher for me. I should also mention there is just something about having a surf & turf on Valentines day with ones honey.

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:10 AM   #9
DEA
DIS Veteran

I think it may all come down to how romantic you find being next to a body of water. I think the interior of Jiko is a more romantic setting, especially with a later ADR if you're worried about children spoiling the romantic mood. But, if you like being on the water, Narcoossee's has a lovely deck where you can take a drink, gaze off at MK, and eventually watch fireworks. Plus, there's the walk down to the Poly beach, if you'd like. That walk is marred somewhat at this point by the construction at Grand Floridian, but the beginning and end of the walk still holds up.

DIS Dads Member #432
DEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 07:12 AM   #10
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

If you are talking about this Valentines Day you are very lucky that at this moment (early Wednesday morning) Jiko has availablitly at 6:05 or 9:40. Narcoossee's is fully booked.
So grab Jiko while you can and enjoy
Old 02-13-2013, 10:28 AM   #11
FairestOfThemAll37
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the help, I am indeed talking about this v-day (as in tomorrow) I actually have rezzies at both places.

I kept checking the reservations online and different places opened up. I guess there are a lot of cancellations. Not sure if people made extra plans to be safe or there's lots of break-ups right before lol but I kept changing our reservations as better times and restaurants became available!

If anybody is looking for last minute plans the people I spoke to on the phone said to check online today because there are usually a ton of cancellations and they had done about 7 each for Thursday yesterday.
FairestOfThemAll37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: