Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results: What is your favourite name for the cruise?
The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014 44 52.38%
From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014 11 13.10%
Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014 12 14.29%
WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure 13 15.48%
We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA) 4 4.76%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 02-12-2013, 05:48 PM   #31
magic123
Mouseketeer
 
magic123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 256

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post



Margaret, do you need to start getting your dresses ready?
lol Annemarie don't know if I'll have room for 22 dresses this time if we have to fly back, will just have to get myself one of those new wearable luggage dresses, what a sight that will be

margaret
__________________
magic123 is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 05:52 PM   #32
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!
 
Pinky166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Herts, England
Posts: 13,925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1234 View Post
Just saying Hi. Hopefully before the other half
Lol Norman, I'm sure she'll have the last word though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4free2 View Post
, here we go again. It's going to be fun
It will be Evelyn.


Quote:
Originally Posted by melonz View Post
You do know that will 500 or so days to go there will be HUNDREDS of threads
Lol shoot me now! What have i let myself in for!


Quote:
Originally Posted by magic123 View Post
Hi everyone great to be back on Dis, can't wait till thursday to move our dummy res, it's brightened my day, bet I won't be able to sleep tonight. It's funny but our countdown ticker this time will be shorter than the 2011 WBTA, which is just as well since I know this time how much I'm going to enjoy myself



yes Claire I like your logic !!
I won't be able to sleep either Margaret!

My logic was I will give me daily motivation to save not spend!


Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
Yay !!!!!
Much better!!!
__________________
Claire






Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #33
Grumpy1234
Earning My Ears
 
Grumpy1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dover, England
Posts: 66

[QUOTE=Pinky166;47487735]Lol Norman, I'm sure she'll have the last word though. QUOTE]

Of course she will, have you ever heard where a man got the last word?

IT'S LIKE WAITING FOR DISNEY TO ANNOUNCE A WBTA!!!!
__________________
Grumpy1234 is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #34
magic123
Mouseketeer
 
magic123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 256

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly4free2 View Post
Hey Margaret, it's going to get crazy, but in a good way
Yay Evelyn it's going to be fun, it's given me something to look forward to

margaret
__________________
magic123 is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #35
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!
 
Pinky166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Herts, England
Posts: 13,925

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1234 View Post
Of course she will, have you ever heard where a man got the last word?

IT'S LIKE WAITING FOR DISNEY TO ANNOUNCE A WBTA!!!!
Don't be too cheeky....you men are outnumbered on here.

__________________
Claire






Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #36
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict
 
TotallyAngelic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 6,672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1234 View Post
Just saying Hi. Hopefully before the other half
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
Don't be too cheeky....you men are outnumbered on here.

They may be outnumbered but they certainly make up for it ...
TotallyAngelic is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #37
thedonduck
DIS Veteran
 
thedonduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: From the home of the Pack to the house of the mouse!
Posts: 1,441

DH just totally surprised me when I told him that the WBTA was on for 2014 by not questioning anything, just saying "book it and make sure we have a veranda!!!" Of course I said "Sir, yes sir" and I will be patiently (or moreso ) waiting on the phone on Thursday.

Thank you Disney for making my WEEK!
__________________
Mom Dad DS (4 years) DD (2 years)DD (16 weeks)
Disney Cruise Line
*Magic - Oct. 2009 (Honeymoon) 7 Night Western Caribbean*Wonder - Oct 2010 4 Night Bahamas *Dream - July 2011 5 Night Double Dip *Fantasy - September 2013 7 Night Eastern Caribbean *Magic - April 2014 4 Night Bahamas *Wonder- Oct 2014 4 Night Double Dip *Fantasy- Oct 2015- 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

WDW- Too many times to count
Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Port Orleans-Riverside

A cheesehead who moved to Mouse World... hope we don't melt
thedonduck is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 06:33 PM   #38
Tod&Copper
DIS Veteran
 
Tod&Copper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Inverness, Scotland
Posts: 827

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
Well indeed ... wouldn't be the same without you



Claire ... you will be on this ship ... I am taking the fact that you started this thread as an official declaration of intent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
I decided that running this thread means I HAVE to be there I may need to sell my house to pay for it though.
Claire we are not going without you babes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy1234 View Post
Just saying Hi. Hopefully before the other half
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic123 View Post
Hi everyone great to be back on Dis, can't wait till thursday to move our dummy res, it's brightened my day, bet I won't be able to sleep tonight. It's funny but our countdown ticker this time will be shorter than the 2011 WBTA, which is just as well since I know this time how much I'm going to enjoy myself

yes Claire I like your logic !!
Hi Norman I hope you are going to behave yourself on here

It's so good to be back with all our old friends and new .... Let the mega planning begin

We have a 50th birthday bash to organise too
__________________
Mary x x
DH DW DD Tod Copper

DVC Member since 2000 - VWL AKV BLT
Platinum Castaway Club Member

14 Magical Sailings completed - 5 more to look forward to

WBTA 2010 / WBTA 2011 / EBTA 2014 / WBTA 2014 / EBTA 2015
7 Night New Year Cruise Disney Magic 2014
7 Night Dover to Barcelona repo Disney Magic 3rd August 2015
EBPC October 2015
Tod&Copper is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #39
Grumpy1234
Earning My Ears
 
Grumpy1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dover, England
Posts: 66

Just to say it's been 521 days since the beginning of our last WBTA
and 571 days until our next WBTA



Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166;47 487908
Don't be too cheeky....you men are outnumbered on here.

I would have responded. But Margaret said I would end up being keelhauled with my sense of humour (or lack of it).
Grumpy1234 is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 06:50 PM   #40
Grumpy1234
Earning My Ears
 
Grumpy1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dover, England
Posts: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod&Copper View Post
Hi Norman I hope you are going to behave yourself on here
:
Mary I am an Englishman of course I'm going to behave myself.
Grumpy1234 is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 07:10 PM   #41
*Flower*
Needs to Win the Lottery!!
 
*Flower*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 4,009



We're going to try for this one too.... again! We had so much fun last time!!

Of course the economy isn't the best right now- but we're hoping that the stars will align and make us happy.

I didn't have the best year last year... here's hoping that next year will be MUCH better!!
__________________
*Flower* is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 07:32 PM   #42
SonjaLeigh
HavingFun1DayAttaTime
 
SonjaLeigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Canada
Posts: 62

hi everyone!!!!

just doing my happy dance
__________________
repeat offender cruiser : loving life one cruise at a time
SonjaLeigh is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 08:06 PM   #43
Jen24
Mouseketeer
 
Jen24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 90

DH and I will be booking the WBTA on Thursday!! Yahoo!! Loved the EBTA in 2010 and so ready for another.
Jen24 is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 08:24 PM   #44
PFlamingo
My dog just found the chainsaw
 
PFlamingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: 350 miles away from where I'd really rather be
Posts: 1,010

Ah, so good to be back on the Dis - 'cause I just can't waste enough time on FB.

So when I told Dennis the WBTA was on and I thought we should go, he said something like "hm" and made a face which has no Smilie equivalent here, which translates to "we can't possibly afford to do this what are you thinking oh my god we're going to end up homeless we can't possibly go." He gets a lot into a simple grunt and a look.

So, of course, we're going.

We can't book for a while yet - no dummy booking to transfer and no funds for the full deposit at the moment, but that will change. I doubt it will sell out before I can take care of that. I didn't book our flights last time til Spring and still got a great rate, so no worries there. True, I'll have to work out some way back from San Juan that doesn't involve swimming, but I'll figure out something.

No, what I'm concerned with is how I'm going to get all the clothes and shoes and crap I took last time back from San Juan, especially all the booze we will no doubt acquire! I mean, it was easy to get it all to Barca - just paid the extra bag charge, well worth it. And returning to PC was perfect given that we left from Orlando in the first place. And no one noticed the bag full of alcohol we dragged off the ship. We do tend to over-estimate our alcohol requirements, but better safe than sorry, right? As for the clothes, don't even think about suggesting a dress or two and accessorizing. Margaret was my inspiration in 2011. I refuse to give up the clothes. I *will* find a way to take the purple ballgown for formal night, not to mention all the cute, sparkly things I can find between now and then.

Well, all in good time I guess. For now, I'm going to start thinking about what to do for FE's this time. Yes, they will be crocheted. No, they will not be toilet paper covers, sorry to disappoint.

And maybe if I start now, I'll lose the weight I need to get into the cute clothes that I didn't lose the weight for last time!
__________________
Me (Pat) DH (Dennis) Doggies: Neville Peabody Budreau the Gooch Sparky Irene Pixie Yzma
"We are the people our parents warned us about."

PFlamingo is offline  
Old 02-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #45
birkner
DIS Veteran
 
birkner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Woodside, California
Posts: 8,126

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFlamingo View Post
Ah, so good to be back on the Dis - 'cause I just can't waste enough time on FB.

So when I told Dennis the WBTA was on and I thought we should go, he said something like "hm" and made a face which has no Smilie equivalent here, which translates to "we can't possibly afford to do this what are you thinking oh my god we're going to end up homeless we can't possibly go." He gets a lot into a simple grunt and a look.

So, of course, we're going.

We can't book for a while yet - no dummy booking to transfer and no funds for the full deposit at the moment, but that will change. I doubt it will sell out before I can take care of that. I didn't book our flights last time til Spring and still got a great rate, so no worries there. True, I'll have to work out some way back from San Juan that doesn't involve swimming, but I'll figure out something.

No, what I'm concerned with is how I'm going to get all the clothes and shoes and crap I took last time back from San Juan, especially all the booze we will no doubt acquire! I mean, it was easy to get it all to Barca - just paid the extra bag charge, well worth it. And returning to PC was perfect given that we left from Orlando in the first place. And no one noticed the bag full of alcohol we dragged off the ship. We do tend to over-estimate our alcohol requirements, but better safe than sorry, right? As for the clothes, don't even think about suggesting a dress or two and accessorizing. Margaret was my inspiration in 2011. I refuse to give up the clothes. I *will* find a way to take the purple ballgown for formal night, not to mention all the cute, sparkly things I can find between now and then.

Well, all in good time I guess. For now, I'm going to start thinking about what to do for FE's this time. Yes, they will be crocheted. No, they will not be toilet paper covers, sorry to disappoint.

And maybe if I start now, I'll lose the weight I need to get into the cute clothes that I didn't lose the weight for last time!

Glad to see so many old friends here! i am hopeful that we can find another cruise (not DCL) back from Puerto Rico to Florida.
__________________
birkner is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: