Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favourite name for the cruise?
The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014 44 52.38%
From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014 11 13.10%
Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014 12 14.29%
WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure 13 15.48%
We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA) 4 4.76%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #2461
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Um yeah...not sure what happened here, but we are now BOOKED!

It is Me, DH, twin DS (8 at time of sailing), and we are bringing my Dad and Stepmom.

We love FE and SM, but I'm not sure who to contact at this point. Can someone point me in the right direction?

P.S. I'm allergic to shrimp haha.

Old 06-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #2462
PFlamingo
My dog just found the chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post

It is Me, DH, twin DS (8 at time of sailing), and we are bringing my Dad and Stepmom.

We love FE and SM, but I'm not sure who to contact at this point. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Don't ask.

Glad you're booked!! See page one, post #2 for the FE info. Hazel and Annie are organizing.

I don't see the SM info on page 1, but Karen (disname - karentan) is organizing it.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #2463
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkner View Post
What a bummer! When we were in Galveston, I saw how they were loading the luggage and it is amazing to me more suitcases are not broken. We got new Rimowa (two 32 and two deluxe hybrids) Rimowa2 last year and they seem to hold up, though scratched, to DCL baggage abuse.

We usually keep our suitcases for more than 20 years so it pays us to pay a bit more for them. We can still use the Hartman suitcases we bought back in the 1980's for short trips or car trips.
I had planned on keeping them for a very long time, but dcl had other ideas,

I need to rethink my luggage choice now
Old 06-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #2464
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Quote:

welcome aboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post
I had planned on keeping them for a very long time, but dcl had other ideas,

I need to rethink my luggage choice now
Not very reassuring re. the luggage then. I have always used really big wheeled holdalls but they only last a couple of trips. Don't want anything heavy obviously. May stick with the holdalls as they tend to be less than £20 each as opposed to £50 + for the Sub Zero cases. Would be really miffed if they got trashed after just one trip.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #2465
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFlamingo View Post
Don't ask.

Glad you're booked!! See page one, post #2 for the FE info. Hazel and Annie are organizing.

I don't see the SM info on page 1, but Karen (disname - karentan) is organizing it.
See no evil, hear no evil....

Thanks for the info -- I've emailed and PM'd!

So which FB group am I supposed to ask to join? (well, actually it's DH's account since I don't do FB because of my job)

Old 06-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #2466
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Welcome aboard!!

In regards to all the things going on and being organized -- I would like to join the FE and these things, but again, I don't want to join only to have to quit if we have to cancel. 12 days ago I booked the EBPC for September of this year, and at that time my husband made me promise no more vacations for one year (We did 2 weeks in Orlando last June, a Wonder cruise in September, a Fantasy cruise in December, a week at Disney and Universal in March, just got back from a week at Disney and Universal yesterday, AND have a week long Canada/New England cruise on HAL in 19 days!! So he has a point I am a little out of control....) So I did make the promise, but I did not mention that I have this WBTA booked for EXACTLY one year later

I will have to wait a LOOOONG time before I raise the issue of going on this cruise and see if we can go... I think if I can resist going to Orlando/Universal in December and March (DESPITE the fact the kids are out of school and we have annual passes and it would be so cheap to drive down there and get a cheap hotel -- he says that's not the point ) then maybe by the PIF date he'll be okay with it...

Anyway, what I am trying to say is, thanks to everyone who is organizing these things, and hopefully we can still be accommodated in several months. Also, I only access FB through my husband's account (if at all) so needless to say I can't get on the FB page for this cruise !! So I don't have any idea what is going on over THERE, but I will be signing up for events here on the DIS exclusively.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:21 PM   #2467
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC

Welcome aboard!!

In regards to all the things going on and being organized -- I would like to join the FE and these things, but again, I don't want to join only to have to quit if we have to cancel. 12 days ago I booked the EBPC for September of this year, and at that time my husband made me promise no more vacations for one year (We did 2 weeks in Orlando last June, a Wonder cruise in September, a Fantasy cruise in December, a week at Disney and Universal in March, just got back from a week at Disney and Universal yesterday, AND have a week long Canada/New England cruise on HAL in 19 days!! So he has a point I am a little out of control....) So I did make the promise, but I did not mention that I have this WBTA booked for EXACTLY one year later

I will have to wait a LOOOONG time before I raise the issue of going on this cruise and see if we can go... I think if I can resist going to Orlando/Universal in December and March (DESPITE the fact the kids are out of school and we have annual passes and it would be so cheap to drive down there and get a cheap hotel -- he says that's not the point ) then maybe by the PIF date he'll be okay with it...

Anyway, what I am trying to say is, thanks to everyone who is organizing these things, and hopefully we can still be accommodated in several months. Also, I only access FB through my husband's account (if at all) so needless to say I can't get on the FB page for this cruise !! So I don't have any idea what is going on over THERE, but I will be signing up for events here on the DIS exclusively.

There is plenty of time to join in activities.

Nothing any different goes on over on FB apart from day to day chat.
Nothing activity wise gets organised anywhere other than here on the dis.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #2468
PFlamingo

Quote:

So which FB group am I supposed to ask to join? (well, actually it's DH's account since I don't do FB because of my job)
The only one I'm on is the one posted at the very beginning of page 1. I'm good with that.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #2469
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Quote:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/wbta2013/
Old 06-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #2470
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
Thanks, guys!

I sent a request, but it's under DH's account (Tony).

Old 06-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #2471
PFlamingo

Quote:
Thanks, guys!

I sent a request, but it's under DH's account (Tony).
Looks like the admin has added you. Welcome!

Oops, got to feed the dogs and get to my theater rehearsal!

Old 06-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #2472
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakamalua View Post
OMG, I am so sad.

My first experience with DIS was the 2010 WBTA--wonderful people, great conversation and fun organized activities, even a few forever friends.

Something has changed on the DIS since then. On my most recent cruise meet thread, I was horribly and personally flamed on the thread and in PMs because some folks didn't like the way I was organizing something. Their lack of civility shocked me. And, interestingly, at the one DIS-organized event we attended (Mixology), no one spoke to each other or even acknowledged we were all there as a group.

I hadn't checked this thread in months but was looking forward to catching up with old and new friends. Instead, I find dissension, personal innuendo, rival factions. I'm sad that I'm no longer comfortable posting and wary about signing up for events or meeting people. I miss the former lightheartedness, fun and civility.
Yep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFlamingo View Post
I like fried shrimp, grilled shrimp, shrimp scampi, peel and eat shrimp. I like shrimp!
Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgentrysim View Post
Wow! I haven't been on Disboards much recently because it seems each time I get on, there is another heated "discussion". I am a happy member of the WBTA 2011 and enjoyed getting to know so many people from that cruise. With that being said, I see valid points on both sides. It does appear to be a "us vs them" division in this group. Whether it can be fixed, I don't really know. I have enjoyed chatting with all, but it's gotten too tense and there is just too much drama. So-o-o-o-o-o, I will be glad to head up the mixology and rum tasking groups (so continue to pm me if you want to join!), but I think I will take a vacation from here, and hopefully in a few months, things will have gotten better. Right now.....this site is not a happy place to be. Please keep in mind, treat people as you would like to be treated. Hope to chat with you all later on down the line! Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Yep.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:03 PM   #2473
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

So it seems that I will no longer be particpating in the FE group. This is not by choice. I've been informed by the organizers of the FE's that I am no longer welcome and that I've been removed. Since they are organizing it they can pick and chose who can participate.

It just seems that everytime I try to build a bridge someone smashes it.
Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

Old 06-10-2013, 10:09 PM   #2474
thedonduck
DIS Veteran

Location: From the home of the Pack to the house of the mouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post
So it seems that I will no longer be particpating in the FE group. This is not by choice. I've been informed by the organizers of the FE's that I am no longer welcome and that I've been removed. Since they are organizing it they can pick and chose who can participate.

Lets everyone take a breather here and try and figure stuff out. There is NO need for people to not be allowed to participate in activities as part of the WBTA.
*Magic - Oct. 2009 (Honeymoon) 7 Night Western Caribbean*Wonder - Oct 2010 4 Night Bahamas *Dream - July 2011 5 Night Double Dip *Fantasy - September 2013 7 Night Eastern Caribbean *Magic - April 2014 4 Night Bahamas *Wonder- Oct 2014 4 Night Double Dip *Fantasy- Oct 2015- 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

WDW- Too many times to count
Resorts: POP, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, Contemporary, Animal Kingdom Kidani Village, Port Orleans-Riverside

A cheesehead who moved to Mouse World... hope we don't melt

Last edited by thedonduck; 06-10-2013 at 10:15 PM.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:17 PM   #2475
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe View Post

Not cool. I don't take sides unless I'm personally involved (and I really despise this whole drama-business), but this is not cool. I would hope all are welcome .

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: