Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favourite name for the cruise?
The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014 44 52.38%
From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014 11 13.10%
Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014 12 14.29%
WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure 13 15.48%
We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA) 4 4.76%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 07:55 AM   #2056
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

I haven't posted in a while, so first of all - WELCOME to all the new cruisers!!

second - there are currently IGT and OGT rates for the PC for THIS September, 2013 and I am so tempted to book it - but it comes back to Galveston, which is inconvenient for me. If it went to PC it would be booked by now!! Is anyone on here planning to do it?

Finally- my plans for the weekend? My DS Carter turns 6 in a couple weeks, but tomorrow we are celebrating with a swimming and rock climbing party - so 15 kids, mostly kindergartners, although not at the house of course, at our gym. So for now I have to go and make them goodie bags...
Old 05-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #2057
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teburgess View Post

We have decided that it may be fun to come into Dublin, London, Paris, or Amsterdam a few days before we sail. We have enjoyed Barcelona before and want to add this extra destination to the trip.

We are US citizens. Anybody have reccomendations for how to schedule airfare
I'm in the planning stages with another cruiser to come into Paris for a few days and then go to Barcelona for three days before the cruise. What we haven't decided yet is how long in Paris, and whether we will stay near Disneyland Paris or in Paris itself. Then we'll take a plane to Barcelona. I think we'll use EasyJet.

As for the flight from the US, I am looking at booking a one way ticket using either 800FlyEurope or utilizing the SkyScanner site. One ways are not necessarily as much as round trips. You do need to have proof you are leaving the country (such as your cruise documents, etc.) when booking a one way.

Not sure about what to expect going from one European country to another. However, I suspect as long as you have the proper documentation it's pretty straightforward?

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-18-2013, 03:30 PM   #2058
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

hello

Nothing exciting news here just that I got new glasses.....

Also here the weather was awful, heavy raining all day.

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

Old 05-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #2059
liesbeth1012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
I'm in the planning stages with another cruiser to come into Paris for a few days and then go to Barcelona for three days before the cruise. What we haven't decided yet is how long in Paris, and whether we will stay near Disneyland Paris or in Paris itself. Then we'll take a plane to Barcelona. I think we'll use EasyJet.

As for the flight from the US, I am looking at booking a one way ticket using either 800FlyEurope or utilizing the SkyScanner site. One ways are not necessarily as much as round trips. You do need to have proof you are leaving the country (such as your cruise documents, etc.) when booking a one way.

Not sure about what to expect going from one European country to another. However, I suspect as long as you have the proper documentation it's pretty straightforward?
If you fly with EasyJet, think of your bagage allowance. You have to pay for your luggage and you have to book it before you check inn. Look good at the terms.

Flying in Europe is easy. That wouldn't be a problem.

And for this weekend.
I'm now watching the Eurovision Song Contest. The Netherlands is in the final after 9 years and we have a great singer Anouk.
For the rest of the days (we have 2 days pinksteren, I don't know the English word) I don't know what I will doing.

Coming
WBTA 2014 Disney Magic 9/6-9/20 2014
EBTA 2015 Disney Magic 5/19-5/30 2015 (+WDW before)
WBTA 2015 Disney Magic 9/19 - 9/30 2015
Last
Disney Cruise Bahamas 9/22-9/26 2013 Disney Dream+Walt Disney World 9/26-10/9 2013 Port Orleans Riverside
Disneyland Paris 12/30 2012 - 01/02/2013 Hotel New York
Hawaicruise 14-28 oct 2012 Disney Wonder+Los Angeles 10/6-10/9 2012+Disneyland10/9-10/14 2012
Disney Cruise Transatlantic Barcelona-Port Canaveral 10/9-24/9 2011 Disney Magic+Walt Disney World 24/9-2/10 2011 Caribbean Beach Resort
Disneyland Paris more than 10 times from 1994
Old 05-18-2013, 04:16 PM   #2060
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by liesbeth1012 View Post
And for this weekend.
I'm now watching the Eurovision Song Contest. The Netherlands is in the final after 9 years and we have a great singer Anouk.
For the rest of the days (we have 2 days pinksteren, I don't know the English word) I don't know what I will doing.
We are watching also. I like the song from Denmark.
Good luck to the Netherlands. Amsterdam is one of my favourite cities in Europe. We have spent about 10 weekends there.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Old 05-18-2013, 05:35 PM   #2061
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
We are watching also. I like the song from Denmark.
Yeah, I picked the winner.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Old 05-19-2013, 01:42 AM   #2062
gpb_1
DH of Lorraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post

Yeah, I picked the winner.
In Eurovision are there really any winners ;-)
Magic 7 Day Western Cruise Oct 2002
Magic 10 Day Xmas Cruise Dec 2004
Magic 14 Day CA to FL Relocation Cruise Aug 2005
Magic 14 Day WBTA Relocation Cruise Aug 2007
Magic 11 Day Med Cruise Aug 2010
Magic 14 Day WBTA Relocation Cruise Sep 2010
Magic 8 Day NYC Bahamas Cruise Jul 2012
Fantasy 7 Day Eastern Cruise Mar 2014
Magic 14 Day WBTA Relocation Cruise Sep 2014
Old 05-19-2013, 03:57 AM   #2063
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post
Cruise prep weekend for us. Lots to organise and a very little time to do it in. And some sunshine would be a nice touch to the weekend as well please as it is May!
Enjoy your cruise prep ... not long now

No sunshine here ... miserable day again weather-wise so no car boot selling for us. Hopefully next week.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #2064
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liesbeth1012 View Post
If you fly with EasyJet, think of your bagage allowance. You have to pay for your luggage and you have to book it before you check inn. Look good at the terms.
Thank you for the tip about EasyJet. Looked a little more and you are correct, they add a ton of fees. Looked at fares from Paris to Barcelona on Kayak for roughly the same timeframe this year and there were several choices on other airlines like AirFrance, Delta, etc.

Baggage will be something I need to think about. I'm going to be gone for at least three weeks and don't want to have to do laundry several times. So will have to figure out how and what to pack to keep it reasonable. I had figured I'd take a carry-on and two bags.

For those who have done long trips like this before - what did you end up taking for baggage in terms of number of bags? (and I don't EVEN want to hear from those who manage with a backpack for the whole thing! )

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas
Old 05-19-2013, 09:33 AM   #2065
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Quote:
Thank you for the tip about EasyJet. Looked a little more and you are correct, they add a ton of fees. Looked at fares from Paris to Barcelona on Kayak for roughly the same timeframe this year and there were several choices on other airlines like AirFrance, Delta, etc.

Baggage will be something I need to think about. I'm going to be gone for at least three weeks and don't want to have to do laundry several times. So will have to figure out how and what to pack to keep it reasonable. I had figured I'd take a carry-on and two bags.

For those who have done long trips like this before - what did you end up taking for baggage in terms of number of bags? (and I don't EVEN want to hear from those who manage with a backpack for the whole thing! )
We tend to take a 20kg bag each, plus a carry on filled with heavier stuff like shoes. We have to fly budget airlines from our local airport to get to and from Barcelona so we will be stung with baggage fees otherwise, so one bag each it is, and we have managed ok on 2 transatlantic cruises so far. I tend to do one set of laundry half way through the cruise.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #2066
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Okay, I can see I'm really going to have to look at packing methods. Actually I should just pay my best friend to teach me how she does it. She can go on a 7 night cruise with just a carry-on and she still has plenty of stuff! I know she does the bundle method, but I'm also going to look at the packing cubes.

For me, this is likely to be at least a 3 week (or more) trip. Looking at spending three days in Paris, three days in Barcelona, and then the 14 day cruise. A possibility of a couple of days in San Juan. Guess doing some laundry on the ship is in the cards.

Maybe the key is to watch the extras? (i.e. shampoos, toiletry items, etc.) So my question is: In Barcelona are there places like a CVS or a reasonable retail store where one could get toiletry items at a reasonable price?

So trips or tricks for us newbie long-trip travelers? Looks like the European airlines are much stricter on the carry-on allowance size and weight than in the US!

Old 05-19-2013, 02:14 PM   #2067
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Welcome to all the cruisers!! It will be great to get to know all of you through here and the FB group over the next bunch of months

Hazel and Annie, hope you guys have a fantastic upcoming cruise! And, that your weather starts to brighten. It has been beautiful here for the last couple of days. Hitting around 75 during the day, and then dropping to about 50 at night. Not so bad, unless you work nights

I'm with Holly on the whole flying and weight limits for luggage. Im Canadian but will be flying both out and back into the US. Much much cheaper and easier for me. Any tips on how to pack semi-lightly would be greatly appreciated BUT, I know I'm going to end up with 2 pieces plus a carry on.

Anybody have any insight on Aer Lingus? That's who I will be flying out of NY with, most likely.

This is shaping up to be the most fantastic trip....can't wait

Jenn
Old 05-19-2013, 04:16 PM   #2068
karrit2000
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannylori View Post
Hey Karyn,
Where on Long Island are you from?
I grew up in Deer Park and DH grew up in Central Islip. Combined,we've lived on Fire Island,Bayport/Bluepoint, Syosset and Hampton Bays for the last 15 years(we're putting that house up for sale if anyone is interested!!!!!).

We'll be full timers in Key West as of the Fall,so we're even looking into not only more cruises-4 on DCL so far-but maybe even getting annual passes to WDW.

We're doing the Wine/Dine 5k this November-still breaking in my two new feet(multiple surgeries are now done!)
I live in Hicksville. Been here most of my 50+ years. I'm planning to be at WDW for the last 2 weeks of F & W so we may have to plan to meet up while I'm there. I've had AP's for many years now being a DVC Member & all.

Quote:

Cristi & I are planning to Fly in to Paris to do DLP for a couple of days. We will probably fly out of NYC on Saturday night & arrive in Paris on Sunday. Stay awake on Sunday for as long as we can before we crash. I'm planning to use some of my DVC points to book one of the DLP hotels. Right now I'm thing of the one that looks similar to the Yacht Club at WDW. Spending Monday & Tuesday seeing DLP then on Wednesday fly from Paris to Barcelona. So we'll have all day Thursday & Friday to see the sights in Barcelona before the cruise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicGoofy View Post
Welcome to all the cruisers!! It will be great to get to know all of you through here and the FB group over the next bunch of months

I'm with Holly on the whole flying and weight limits for luggage. Im Canadian but will be flying both out and back into the US. Much much cheaper and easier for me. Any tips on how to pack semi-lightly would be greatly appreciated BUT, I know I'm going to end up with 2 pieces plus a carry on.

Anybody have any insight on Aer Lingus? That's who I will be flying out of NY with, most likely.

This is shaping up to be the most fantastic trip....can't wait

Jenn
I'm not good at the whole packing lightly thing and neither is Cristi. I'll definitely have two bags & a carry-on. But my biggest bag is currently a 25 inch one. If I go bigger they end up being overweight so I find it easier to limit the overall size. Right now we are planning to use FF Miles to get to Paris via American Airlines.

Last edited by karrit2000; 05-19-2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #2069
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrit2000 View Post
Cristi & I are planning to Fly in to Paris to do DLP for a couple of days. We will probably fly out of NYC on Saturday night & arrive in Paris on Sunday. Stay awake on Sunday for as long as we can before we crash. I'm planning t use some of my DVC points to book one of the DLP hotels. Right now I'm thing of the one that looks similar to the Yacht Club at WDW. Spending Monday & Tuesday seeing DLP then on Wednesday fly from Paris to Barcelona. So we'll have all day Thursday & Friday to see the sights in Barcelona before the cruise.
That's pretty much the same time frame that Jenn and I are looking at. We already have Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights booked in Barcelona. We're talking about how long and where to stay in DLP. We have been thinking of three nights. Although we do want to go into Paris itself to see the Eiffel Tower and maybe experience one of the outdoor cafes.

Old 05-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #2070
hazelandannie
Magic here we come

Well it's gone midnight here and I can't sleep. I'm so excited that I can now say (as it's Monday now) that were gonna see the magic next week.
Poor Annie has been waiting for me to get excited as I'm one of those people who have to keep it contained otherwise I peak to early.
It's my birthday on Tuesday and my mums at the end of the week so a few things to keep me distracted.
I love Duffy bear and Annmarie has made me a Fab Duffy bear fleece and got also made me a T-shirt and I'm chuffed to bits.

I'm going to miss you lot my friends and will surely be looking for Mel near the Mickey pool and Paul into the smoking area,Claire/Sarah /Mary sitting up in the seating area drinking champers of an evening, Karen coming from a quiz,sarah/mandy/dawn/Paul with their amazzing families and my fabulous table mates..if I missed you out it's because it's late and besides I'm almost another year older and I lost another brain cell lol.

Also I'm looking forwaed to meeting all you new people (new to me) x x x
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: