Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



View Poll Results: What is your favourite name for the cruise?
The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014 44 52.38%
From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014 11 13.10%
Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014 12 14.29%
WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure 13 15.48%
We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA) 4 4.76%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-12-2013, 11:14 AM   #1906
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran
 
scottishwee35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bonnie Scotland
Posts: 6,085

I had a meeting with my work yesterday that it will be changing system with holiday, payslip, absent etc.

I told them that my husband booked the holiday for this cruise and they told me that I have to write a letter now. I had it this morning and hope I get it. My husband and mother in law confirmed their holiday but me don't know yet. I hope my line manage approved it soon.

My work old holiday was filling up the form by Oct and approved by Nov for March 2013 to March 2014 but new system that can book holiday online so that why I write for long break over 2 half weeks off.

Finger Cross.....

Our teenagers still not know about this cruise yet.

Scottishwee35
__________________
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

scottishwee35 is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 11:17 AM   #1907
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran
 
scottishwee35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bonnie Scotland
Posts: 6,085

Have you see Oases of the Seas for transatlantic for Oct 2014 from Southampton to Florida as the price is very expensive as double price for this cruise?
__________________
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

scottishwee35 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #1908
MRAven
We Believe in The Dream that brings us The Wonders of The Magic to keep The Fantasy Alive for Ever
 
MRAven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Venezuela
Posts: 830

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
I had a meeting with my work yesterday that it will be changing system with holiday, payslip, absent etc.

I told them that my husband booked the holiday for this cruise and they told me that I have to write a letter now. I had it this morning and hope I get it. My husband and mother in law confirmed their holiday but me don't know yet. I hope my line manage approved it soon.

My work old holiday was filling up the form by Oct and approved by Nov for March 2013 to March 2014 but new system that can book holiday online so that why I write for long break over 2 half weeks off.

Finger Cross.....

Our teenagers still not know about this cruise yet.

Scottishwee35
Pixie Dust for all of you.
__________________
Disney Magic 7 Nights East Caribbean Dec 14, 2002
Disney Magic 7 Nights West Caribbean Dec 12, 2009

Disney Magic 7 Night Western Mediterranean Aug 20, 2011
Disney Fantasy 7 Nights East Caribbean Dec 29, 2012
Disney Fantasy 7 Night Western Caribbean Halloween Cruise Oct 26, 2013
Disney Magic 14 days West Bound Trans Atlantic Sep 6, 2014

MRAven is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #1909
ludari
DIS Veteran
 
ludari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,496

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirl View Post
Any ideas of when flights for our cruise will start opening up? I know to set an amount in my mind to pull the plug as for when to buy - I just want to know when to start looking. It seems it might be about 11 to 12 months out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
In the UK it's 11 months out, not sure if it's the same for you though Holly.
I agree with Pinky that flights typically become available for purchase 11 months out. I have an alarm set on my phone to notify me so I can book my flights on the first day.
__________________
Annual Pass Holder. DVC Member - March 2011
DLR/DCA - Too many times to count; Tokyo Disneyland-Aug 1986; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2010; DCL Wonder Cruise to Nowhere-Jan 2011; DCL Wonder Mexican Rivera Cruise-Jan 2011; Princess Half Marathon-Feb 2011; DLR 5K & Half Marathon-Sept 2011; DCL Wonder Repo Cruise-Sept 2011; Wine&Dine Half Marathon-Oct 2011; WDW 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2012; Princess 5K & Half Marathon-Feb 2012; DCL Fantasy Maiden Cruise-Mar 2012; Expedition Everest Challenge-May 2012; DLR Half Marathon-Sept 2012; Disney/Pixar Wonder Cruise-Sept 2012; Tower of Terror 10-Miler and 5K-Sept 2012; Wine&Dine 5K & Half Marathon-Nov 2012; Goofy Challenge & 5K-Jan 2013; Tinker Bell 5K & Half Marathon-Jan 2013; Disney Aulani Resort-May 2013; Club 33-July 2013; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2013; Tower of Terror 10-Miler-Oct 2013; Dopey Challenge-Jan 2014; Tinker Bell 5K, 10K & Half Marathon-Jan 2014; Dumbo Double Dare-Sept 2014; DCL Magic WBTA Cruise-Sept 2014; Avengers Super Heroes 5K & Half-Nov 2014; Star Wars Rebel Challenge & 5K-Jan 2014; Pixie Dust Challenge & 5K-May 2015
ludari is offline  
Old 04-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #1910
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran
 
scottishwee35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bonnie Scotland
Posts: 6,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludari View Post
I agree with Pinky that flights typically become available for purchase 11 months out. I have an alarm set on my phone to notify me so I can book my flights on the first day.
at UK sometime around Christmas times they do sales at flights...

Scottishwee35
__________________
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

scottishwee35 is offline  
Old 04-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #1911
DVCNuts
Platinum At Last!
 
DVCNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Johns Creek, GA, USA
Posts: 488

What happened to the whiskey tasting?

I had organized a whiskey tasting for this cruise, and wanted to add another member. I was surprised to find that it is no longer on the first page. I had several people signed up, and now it is gone.

Was it a mistake? Was it deleted on purpose? Claire won't answer my questions, so perhaps someone else will.

Here is the confirmation that I received when I set this up:

Hi Jerry

That's great I will add your name & event to the first page.

At the moment all you need to do is make a post explaining what you are organizing and the rules...this is what i have posted on the first page and covers all the tastings:

Rules:
1) Will need to know the first/last name of each person participating, along with your cabin number. Remember, you MUST be 21 or over, and DCL will check this against your registration info. You must PM this to the person organizing the tasting you want to attend (see list below).

2) The cost of the [Whiskey Tasting] will be charged to your cabin by DCL. There will be no refunds once we have submitted the final list, this won't happen until about 2 weeks before the cruise (we will know the time and date before the final list is submitted.) The cost is approx $20 per person (TBC nearer the time) and will be charged to your room whether or not you attend once the final lists have submitted.

3) There will be a MAXIMUM of 49 people per tasting. If we go over this number we will be able to schedule separate tasting classes.


Then for now just keep a list of the names and cabin numbers etc of those wanting to attend. DCL will not arrange anything with us until around 3-4 weeks out from sailing so nearer the time I will send everyone info on who to contact to get things set up.

Let me know if you need any other help.

Thanks
Claire


Yes Claire, I need some help. I am curious to know why this doesn't exist anymore on the DIS meet thread. It was there recently.
__________________
Addicted to cruising? I can stop anytime I want. I just don't want to.
13 cruises complete, 4 booked: 4/9/14 Wonder Bahamas, 6/30/14 Wonder Alaska, 1/16/15 Dream, 6/29/15 Magic Norway/Iceland/Faroe Islands
DVCNuts is offline  
Old 04-14-2013, 03:08 AM   #1912
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!
 
Pinky166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Herts, England
Posts: 13,926

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCNuts View Post
I had organized a whiskey tasting for this cruise, and wanted to add another member. I was surprised to find that it is no longer on the first page. I had several people signed up, and now it is gone.

Was it a mistake? Was it deleted on purpose? Claire won't answer my questions, so perhaps someone else will.

Here is the confirmation that I received when I set this up:

Hi Jerry

That's great I will add your name & event to the first page.

At the moment all you need to do is make a post explaining what you are organizing and the rules...this is what i have posted on the first page and covers all the tastings:

Rules:
1) Will need to know the first/last name of each person participating, along with your cabin number. Remember, you MUST be 21 or over, and DCL will check this against your registration info. You must PM this to the person organizing the tasting you want to attend (see list below).

2) The cost of the [Whiskey Tasting] will be charged to your cabin by DCL. There will be no refunds once we have submitted the final list, this won't happen until about 2 weeks before the cruise (we will know the time and date before the final list is submitted.) The cost is approx $20 per person (TBC nearer the time) and will be charged to your room whether or not you attend once the final lists have submitted.

3) There will be a MAXIMUM of 49 people per tasting. If we go over this number we will be able to schedule separate tasting classes.


Then for now just keep a list of the names and cabin numbers etc of those wanting to attend. DCL will not arrange anything with us until around 3-4 weeks out from sailing so nearer the time I will send everyone info on who to contact to get things set up.

Let me know if you need any other help.

Thanks
Claire


Yes Claire, I need some help. I am curious to know why this doesn't exist anymore on the DIS meet thread. It was there recently.

Private Message I received from Jerry, 04-14-2013, 01.15am:

What happened to the whiskey tasting?
I don't see it on the WBTA thread anymore. You didn't delete it because I am not in the "official" Facebook group, did you?

If you did, that would be rather sketchy, wouldn't it?

The folks who run the DISboards might be curious to know why. And I have been a member of this forum since 2000.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jerry


-----

Jerry

How about you give me longer than an hour (in the middle of the night UK time) to reply to your PM before posting such ridiculous accusations????

I recently made some changes on the first post so it must have been removed/over written in error. If memory serves you have 3 people (including yourself) signed up for the tasting, I will check back through my PM's to see if I still have the list you sent and add it, if not I am sure it will be easy to track down the other two wishing to take part.

I have spent a lot of time and effort setting up the DIS page and trying to get extra DIS activities organised but when I get accused of such petty things I wonder why I have bothered!
__________________
Claire






Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland

Last edited by Pinky166; 04-14-2013 at 03:21 AM.
Pinky166 is offline  
Old 04-14-2013, 03:40 AM   #1913
binkytell
DIS Veteran
 
binkytell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: paisley, scotland
Posts: 774

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
Private Message I received from Jerry, 04-14-2013, 01.15am:

What happened to the whiskey tasting?
I don't see it on the WBTA thread anymore. You didn't delete it because I am not in the "official" Facebook group, did you?

If you did, that would be rather sketchy, wouldn't it?

The folks who run the DISboards might be curious to know why. And I have been a member of this forum since 2000.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jerry


-----

Jerry

How about you give me longer than an hour (in the middle of the night UK time) to reply to your PM before posting such ridiculous accusations????

I recently made some changes on the first post so it must have been removed/over written in error. If memory serves you have 3 people (including yourself) signed up for the tasting, I will check back through my PM's to see if I still have the list you sent and add it, if not I am sure it will be easy to track down the other two wishing to take part.

I have spent a lot of time and effort setting up the DIS page and trying to get extra DIS activities organised but when I get accused of such petty things I wonder why I have bothered!

Claire I'm so sorry to see this, please believe me when I say how
Much I appreciate all the time, effort and patience you have dedicated in
Putting this thread together and will be putting in for the next 15 months, I'm sure others will be along to say the same!!

I've no idea what is going on with "official" and "unofficial" facebook groups And
i have no interest to either but it does appear some people are trying to cause animosity here while appearing innocent and crying wolf !!
__________________
binkytell is offline  
Old 04-14-2013, 04:48 AM   #1914
sezmo
Mouseketeer
 
sezmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Cheadle Hulme, Cheshire
Posts: 113

Mum and I appreciate everything that gets done for us by the group but please let's not start another FB like debate on here.

Now Claire has put the whiskey tasting back on page 1 when Jerry gets up and reads the post / sees there was no intention lets leave it there. Time differences will always make communication awkward I can only assume how you both felt and both sides are valid given current events.

Lets get on with the task of planning for a great cruise. Sarah and Elizabeth
__________________
14 Day Disney Wonder Hawaii Oct 2012 14 Day Disney Magic WB Transatlantic 18 September 2010 7 Day Disney Magic Western 27 June 2009 off site 2000 to date Peppermill Circle Kissimmee our own villa - once or twice each year off site 1999 Kissimmee Maingate off site 1998 Private villa, off site 1979 first visit
sezmo is offline  
Old 04-14-2013, 04:52 AM   #1915
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict
 
TotallyAngelic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 6,674

I am sure Claire does not need any hassle. She has gone to a lot of time and effort organising and maintaining all of the different activity groups on this thread and it must be very disheartening for her to be harassed in this way.

Whatever is happening on Facebook, surely it doesn't need to be brought over here as well. It just seems the same individual is intent on stirring up trouble.


Can we just keep this thread to happy friendly chat and cruise planning ... that would be much appreciated by all I'm sure.
TotallyAngelic is offline  
Old 04-14-2013, 05:01 AM   #1916
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!
 
Pinky166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Herts, England
Posts: 13,926

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
Claire I'm so sorry to see this, please believe me when I say how
Much I appreciate all the time, effort and patience you have dedicated in
Putting this thread together and will be putting in for the next 15 months, I'm sure others will be along to say the same!!

I've no idea what is going on with "official" and "unofficial" facebook groups And
i have no interest to either but it does appear some people are trying to cause animosity here while appearing innocent and crying wolf !!
Thanks Sarah, up until now I have enjoyed doing it & I am aware most people appreciate mine & all the other people organising events efforts.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sezmo View Post
Mum and I appreciate everything that gets done for us by the group but please let's not start another FB like debate on here.

Now Claire has put the whiskey tasting back on page 1 when Jerry gets up and reads the post / sees there was no intention lets leave it there. Time differences will always make communication awkward I can only assume how you both felt and both sides are valid given current events.

Lets get on with the task of planning for a great cruise. Sarah and Elizabeth
I was just about to post that I have the last PM with names Jerry sent me a while back so had fixed the first page. If anyone else could check there events and let me know if anything else is missing.

I don't want another debate either but I would like to point out that time differences between the UK & US are not usually a problem. It is only an issue if someone allows only an hour to respond before jumping to conclusions and making accusations!
__________________
Claire






Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline  
Old 04-14-2013, 05:13 AM   #1917
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict
 
TotallyAngelic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 6,674

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post

I was just about to post that I have the last PM with names Jerry sent me a while back so had fixed the first page. If anyone else could check there events and let me know if anything else is missing.
Oooooh ..... I need to update my list. Must send you a PM. Thanks for the reminder
TotallyAngelic is offline  
Old 04-14-2013, 05:18 AM   #1918
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post

Private Message I received from Jerry, 04-14-2013, 01.15am:

What happened to the whiskey tasting?
I don't see it on the WBTA thread anymore. You didn't delete it because I am not in the "official" Facebook group, did you?

If you did, that would be rather sketchy, wouldn't it?

The folks who run the DISboards might be curious to know why. And I have been a member of this forum since 2000.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Jerry


-----

Jerry

How about you give me longer than an hour (in the middle of the night UK time) to reply to your PM before posting such ridiculous accusations????

I recently made some changes on the first post so it must have been removed/over written in error. If memory serves you have 3 people (including yourself) signed up for the tasting, I will check back through my PM's to see if I still have the list you sent and add it, if not I am sure it will be easy to track down the other two wishing to take part.

I have spent a lot of time and effort setting up the DIS page and trying to get extra DIS activities organised but when I get accused of such petty things I wonder why I have bothered!
Claire you have done a fantastic job in keeping this thread running smoothly when there are some persistent unoiled cogs getting under your feet.

We are all looking forward to September 2014 and as we are all interested in the same thing, cruising with disney, I say that people chill a little with the activity lists because sometimes there are errors and things go astray.

This thread is definitely not the place for throwing accusations at people, we have had enough of that recently on the FB group with a select few intent on causing upset to people on what is intended to be a fun , happy place to chat! The Private message function is for this purpose. And maybe we need to remember when waiting for a response that we are scattered all over the world and live in many different time zones!

We love you Claire and all you are doing x x x x x
JustAnnieNotHazel is offline  
Old 04-14-2013, 05:32 AM   #1919
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict
 
TotallyAngelic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Wales, UK
Posts: 6,674

Only 11 more days until we are in the 400s ...
TotallyAngelic is offline  
Old 04-14-2013, 05:36 AM   #1920
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!
 
Pinky166's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Herts, England
Posts: 13,926

Thanks everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
Only 11 more days until we are in the 400s ...
Do you mean 500!!!!
__________________
Claire






Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Pinky166 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: