Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favourite name for the cruise?
The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014 44 52.38%
From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014 11 13.10%
Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014 12 14.29%
WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure 13 15.48%
We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA) 4 4.76%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #1846
Chipmunklove
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by acourtwdw2 View Post
Annette and I have a set of cards for the game hand and foot that have traveled more than most people i know. Our score sheet is at least 15 years old. We also have some other card games we travel with that always draws a crowd because we are very competitive and get loud.
My DH and I Love Love Love Hand & Foot!!!!! We need to get a game going as soon as we board.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #1847
Chipmunklove
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMTwo View Post
Hi all. What a fun group you all are and so organized -- love that. We are very excited to be on the WBTA in 2014 with all of you. I'm Judy and my DH is Jeff (Jeff T on the boards) and we are in stateroom 6130. We are from the Pittsburgh PA area and love all things Disney, including cruising. The WBTA will be my 5th Disney cruise and Jeff's 4th. We are also on the Magic for the June 1, 2013, Med cruise.

With all those sea days, we would love to find people who like to play cards. We play pinochle, euchre, cribbage, rummy and many more. Looking forward to meeting everyone and making lots of new friends.
We love card games and board games!!! Count us in on the fun!!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #1848
LovingDisneyinCT
Kathy

Quote:
We are very excited to be on the WBTA in 2014 with all of you. I'm Judy and my DH is Jeff (Jeff T on the boards) and we are in stateroom 6130.
Hi Judy and Jeff, I'm Kathy and I'm in Room 6131 with my friend Caroline (Lovingthemouse). I love card games myself.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:00 AM   #1849
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Quote:
Hi all. What a fun group you all are and so organized -- love that. We are very excited to be on the WBTA in 2014 with all of you. I'm Judy and my DH is Jeff (Jeff T on the boards) and we are in stateroom 6130. We are from the Pittsburgh PA area and love all things Disney, including cruising. The WBTA will be my 5th Disney cruise and Jeff's 4th. We are also on the Magic for the June 1, 2013, Med cruise.

With all those sea days, we would love to find people who like to play cards. We play pinochle, euchre, cribbage, rummy and many more. Looking forward to meeting everyone and making lots of new friends.
Welcome aboard, I will add you to the roll call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
Can we update , we are in 2066 on the transatlantic and then 6150 on the first purto Rico

Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearFan View Post
I just booked us! DH Paul and I will be in stateroom 7094.

Can't wait to see old friends and meet new ones on this WBTA! I've got so much catching up to do with this thread! OMG, you people are so ready to go right now!!!!

Lisa Marie
Bearfan

Welcome aboard, I have added you to the roll call.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Old 04-05-2013, 03:02 AM   #1850
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Reminder......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
In preparation for the poll to choose our logo I have set up an email address for you to send your logo designs to. Please email me the image as a .jpeg file to wbta2014@hotmail.com

If you could email this address with your designs by 5th April.

Thanks.
Please send your logo entries to me by the end of Saturday. I will post a poll on Sunday, thanks.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Old 04-05-2013, 05:49 AM   #1851
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
So we're on both together -- awesome! We are late dining for the Med cruise in June (all those excursions--don't want to rush back) and the early dining for the WBTA. I'm so excited. I've never been to Europe, so this is all new to me. Our cruises have all been in the Bahamas or Caribbean.
We are the other way around. Early dining for Med cruise and late dining for WBTA

Are you on the dis page for the med cruise and facebook page?
Old 04-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #1852
swollf
Earning My Ears

Disboard looks amazing

This disboard looks amazing! Im sailing November 15-20 on the Magic this year and March 22-29 in 2014 and cant even find a cruise meet or FE information for my November cruise! Go figure. So im jealous! Have a great cruise!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:32 AM   #1853
youalleverybody
Rather be Soarin'

Welcome aboard new folks. Looking forward to meeting you.

We love the card game Phase 10. I'll add that to my packing list. I love any and all games, and I'd love to join in.

WDW 2008, 2010 and 2012
February 2012 Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean
October 2012 Disney Dream Bahamas
February 2013 Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas
Old 04-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #1854
JMTwo
Earning My Ears

I've never played hand and foot, but I googled it and it looks like it's a lot of fun. I'll have lots of time to learn.
Judy
Old 04-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #1855
JMTwo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post
We are the other way around. Early dining for Med cruise and late dining for WBTA

Are you on the dis page for the med cruise and facebook page?
We are on the dis page for the June 1 med cruise, but I'm not on Facebook at all -- I'm not really good at all the posting things, but this group looked like so much fun, I wanted to "meet" everyone before we all sail!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #1856
JMTwo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
Welcome aboard, I will add you to the roll call.

Done

Welcome aboard, I have added you to the roll call.
Thank you, Claire, for adding us to the roll call and also for the amazing job you do keeping everything up to date on this page. Looking forward to meeting everyone.
Judy
Old 04-05-2013, 02:50 PM   #1857
JMTwo
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovingDisneyinCT View Post
Hi Judy and Jeff, I'm Kathy and I'm in Room 6131 with my friend Caroline (Lovingthemouse). I love card games myself.
Well, hi neighbor! Looks like lots of our fellow cruisers love cards and games, too. And from reading through all the threads (finally), it looks like Deck 6 aft is a great place to be.
Judy
Old 04-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #1858
Dgentrysim
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Welcome to the WBTA 2014! DH is also from Pittsburgh (really outside - Tarentum, PA).....Steelers and Pirates fan (youngest son is die-hard Pirates fan....bless his heart! )!

I have played euchre many times...been a long time ago. People said I wasn't very good at it.....BUT I had fun any way! lol Look forward to chatting with you!

[IMG]
Old 04-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #1859
PFlamingo
My dog just found the chainsaw

Quote:

I love cribbage! My parents taught my brother and me to play when we were little, so they could play four-handed. Dad and I still play when I go home to visit. No one around here knows what it is, let alone how to play.

My DH is from the Pittsburgh area - Beaver Falls, to be exact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgentrysim View Post

Welcome to the WBTA 2014! DH is also from Pittsburgh (really outside - Tarentum, PA).....Steelers and Pirates fan (youngest son is die-hard Pirates fan....bless his heart! )!

I have played euchre many times...been a long time ago. People said I wasn't very good at it.....BUT I had fun any way! lol Look forward to chatting with you!
I didn't know your DH is from Pittsburgh! Dennis likes to wear his Steelers shirt in football season, just to counteract all the Falcons fans around here. I'm more of a Miami Dolphins or FSU 'Noles girl, myself.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #1860
NWmom
DIS Veteran

I remember how to play canasta and pinochle.
When I was younger I played gin rummy and cribbage.

I have played hearts and euchre, just can't remember the rules.

Crazy 8's in now called Uno and has its own deck,

We also like the Dice game.

I will pack pinochle cards, canasta cards (need 2 decks), uno cards, and the dice for the dice game.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: