Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favourite name for the cruise?
The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014 44 52.38%
From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014 11 13.10%
Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014 12 14.29%
WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure 13 15.48%
We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA) 4 4.76%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #1816
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC View Post
Does anyone on here have an aft verandah? I believe it is a 5E. I would have paid extra for that, but didn't see any available when I booked.
We have an aft ish verandah! Lol
Old 03-31-2013, 07:16 AM   #1817
nordkin
DIS Veteran

Happy Easter everyone.

We were actually on page 3, couldn't believe it.

Last edited by nordkin; 03-31-2013 at 11:05 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-31-2013, 07:37 AM   #1818
darjohn
Earning My Ears

Happy Easter!
Old 03-31-2013, 07:52 AM   #1819
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

Happy Easter everyone!!
Old 03-31-2013, 10:48 AM   #1820
Pappy
Mouseketeer

Can we update , we are in 2066 on the transatlantic and then 6150 on the first purto Rico
Old 03-31-2013, 10:50 AM   #1821
squitty
With a little bit of Pixie Dust
Finds it hard to type with her eyes closed

Happy Easter..
Old 03-31-2013, 11:24 AM   #1822
mdwoodman
Once a Marine, Always a Marine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy View Post
Can we update , we are in 2066 on the transatlantic and then 6150 on the first purto Rico
We'll try not to trash the place too badly coming across the pond!

(We're in 6150 for the WBTA.)

We were actually thinking about staying for the PR cruise, too, but I guess now we have to get out!
May 08 - MS Oosterdam (Alaska) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ Dec 08 - Carnival Miracle (Southern Caribbean) _ Jun 09 - Carnival Glory (Eastern Caribbean)
Sep 10 - Disney Magic (Westbound transAtlantic) _ _ _ _ Oct 11 - Disney Magic (Eastern Caribbean) _ _ _ _ Jun 12 - MS Statendam (Alaska S/B)
Aug 12 - Carnival Legend (Western Caribbean) _ _ _ _ _ Sep 13 - Disney Dream (Bahamas) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Sep 13 - Disney Dream (DVC Member Cruise)
Mar 14 - Disney Magic (Bahamas) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ Sep 14 - Disney Magic (WBTA)

Old 03-31-2013, 04:31 PM   #1823
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Happy Easter to you all

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

Old 04-01-2013, 05:21 AM   #1824
babydiver
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwoodman View Post

We were actually thinking about staying for the PR cruise, too, but I guess now we have to get out!

We added the 1st PR cruise too to make a B2B but didn't decided to add it on until just a few weeks ago. We couldn't get the same cabin but got the one next door....we just have to pack our cases and leave them in the cabin and the stateroom host will move them for us...

Go for it and join us in the B2B!

7 nights Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2007 - 7 nights Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 2009 - 3 nights Disney Wonder Bahamas 2009 - 7 nights Disney Wonder Alaska 2011 - 14 nights Disney Magic WBTA 2011 - 7 night Disney Wonder Pacific 2012 (Gold at last!) - 7 night Disney Fantasy EC Jan 2013 - 12 nights Disney Magic Barcelona to Venice June 2014 - 14 nights Disney Magic WBTA Sept 2014 B2B 7 nights Disney Magic Southern Caribbean Sept 2014 -
14 nights Panama Canal May 2015 (Platinum at last) - 11 night Disney Magic WBTA Sept 2015.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #1825
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Hi all, hope everyone has had a good Easter. I've been away this week so will catch up with this thread over the next day or two.

The vote for the lanyard colour has now finished and with over 52% of the vote we have a winner.....

Lime green with black lettering.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Old 04-02-2013, 04:04 AM   #1826
squitty
With a little bit of Pixie Dust
Finds it hard to type with her eyes closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
Hi all, hope everyone has had a good Easter. I've been away this week so will catch up with this thread over the next day or two.

The vote for the lanyard colour has now finished and with over 52% of the vote we have a winner.....

Lime green with black lettering.
Hope you had a great time

glad the lanyard's colour has been sorted.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:57 AM   #1827
emmah16
Mouseketeer

Hello everyone

I hope everyone is well and has had a lovely Easter weekend?

I have a couple questions regarding flights with connections. I have only been on direct flights in the past, so I want to be a prepared as what to do with changing airlines. The questions are probably silly to those who have experiance in this but it will stop my mind thinking silly things. So here we go.

1, What happens if our flight is delayed and we miss our connecting flight? (not our fault) Is it up to the airline to get you on the next flight and find you accomodation if there is not one until the next day?

2, Do you have to collect your luggage from the carousel and check it in again for the connecting flight? Or does it go straight to the connecting flight?

I apologise if these are silly questions and the answers are obvious but I just want to know what to expect.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:47 AM   #1828
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

Generally, if you miss a connecting flight due to the airlines delay, they put you on the next flight. If there are several people on your flight with connecting flights they might even hold the connecting flight for a few minutes if that will get you on it. If you are booking 2 different flights with 2 different airlines (which I have done before, especially for international) then the 1st airline is not responsible for you missing the flight on the 2nd airline.

Generally, again, you don't need to get your luggage - the airline transfers it from one of their planes to another. Again, if 2 different airlines, then you need to get your luggage.

However, if you are flying internationally, and your first leg gets you to a different country, and then you move on from there (fly into NYC, for example, then connecting flight to Orlando), I seem to recall you have to get your luggage and go through customs before you can board the other flight? NOt sure about this though.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #1829
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmah16 View Post
Hello everyone

I hope everyone is well and has had a lovely Easter weekend?

I have a couple questions regarding flights with connections. I have only been on direct flights in the past, so I want to be a prepared as what to do with changing airlines. The questions are probably silly to those who have experiance in this but it will stop my mind thinking silly things. So here we go.

1, What happens if our flight is delayed and we miss our connecting flight? (not our fault) Is it up to the airline to get you on the next flight and find you accomodation if there is not one until the next day?

2, Do you have to collect your luggage from the carousel and check it in again for the connecting flight? Or does it go straight to the connecting flight?

I apologise if these are silly questions and the answers are obvious but I just want to know what to expect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC View Post
Generally, if you miss a connecting flight due to the airlines delay, they put you on the next flight. If there are several people on your flight with connecting flights they might even hold the connecting flight for a few minutes if that will get you on it. If you are booking 2 different flights with 2 different airlines (which I have done before, especially for international) then the 1st airline is not responsible for you missing the flight on the 2nd airline.

Generally, again, you don't need to get your luggage - the airline transfers it from one of their planes to another. Again, if 2 different airlines, then you need to get your luggage.

However, if you are flying internationally, and your first leg gets you to a different country, and then you move on from there (fly into NYC, for example, then connecting flight to Orlando), I seem to recall you have to get your luggage and go through customs before you can board the other flight? NOt sure about this though.

Basically what is posted here is correct, as far as from what I have encountered. When I used to fly from Canada to the US and had a connecting flight (usually in Atlanta), we had to get our luggage, and then clear customs, and then go to the new gate. I'm going to assume, that coming from an international flight into the US, or back home from the US, would be the same. I'm about to find out for this cruise though.

As well, if you happen to be delayed getting to your connecting flight, and it is infact the airlines fault/problem, then they have to get you on the next 'available' flight. That may not be the actual next flight. But they generally will do their best to get you flying....even if it's on another airline. Having said that, they don't always tend to put you up in a hotel for the night. You will be waiting at the airport...depending on the airport.

Just hope and keep your fingers crossed that things go smoothly and not of this will be an issue. As well, I try to find flights, that if I have to connect somewhere, I have time between them. I had a 40 min layover for one flight, and that is just not enough time. Your running. If it's an international layover, look for a good window of time, just in case
Old 04-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #1830
emmah16
Mouseketeer

It looks like we might be flying Jet Blue from San Juan - New York, then Aer Lingus from New York - Shannon, then same airline Shannon - Manchester.

Who knows there might be some changes when the actually dates are released.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: