Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favourite name for the cruise?
The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014 44 52.38%
From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014 11 13.10%
Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014 12 14.29%
WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure 13 15.48%
We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA) 4 4.76%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #1726
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

Love the designs TotallyAngelic!

Does anyone know if one person in your party has to cancel, do you lose your original booking rate? Unfortunately, my mom doesn't seem as enthused about the cruise as I am, and I think that is because she is worried about mobility issues. Who knows how she'll feel in 18 months? If she decides she doesn't want to go, would I have to rebook the whole thing, or would they just take her off the reservations and lower the room cost? Maybe this is a question to post on the main board.

Of course, I am planning to buy insurance, but I haven't done so yet, I was waiting until airfare rates come out.

Book it Pat!!! The cheapest verandah is now almost $1000 more than what we paid not 3 weeks ago!!! Which is weird, because when we went in 2011 we ended up getting an oceanview GTY rate a few months before the cruise and we paid less than what they are going for on this cruise right now

I am not on facebook, so can't join that group, unfortunately!! My husband is on Facebook and I could use his account, BUT since he sort of, kind of, doesn't exactly KNOW that I booked this cruise yet, well, let's just say I don't think I should join the facebook group in his name!! I need to wait a while to find the right time to break it to him . And, hope that he doesn't notice the deposit on the Disney Visa

But maybe I could use my mom's Facebook account...
GatorMomInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:26 PM   #1727
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC View Post

Does anyone know if one person in your party has to cancel, do you lose your original booking rate? Unfortunately, my mom doesn't seem as enthused about the cruise as I am, and I think that is because she is worried about mobility issues. Who knows how she'll feel in 18 months? If she decides she doesn't want to go, would I have to rebook the whole thing, or would they just take her off the reservations and lower the room cost? Maybe this is a question to post on the main board.

Of course, I am planning to buy insurance, but I haven't done so yet, I was waiting until airfare rates come out.

Book it Pat!!! The cheapest verandah is now almost $1000 more than what we paid not 3 weeks ago!!! Which is weird, I because when we went in 2011 we ended up getting an oceanview GTY rate a few months before the cruise and we paid less than what they are going for on this cruise right now

I am not on facebook, so can't join that group, unfortunately!! My husband is on Facebook and I could use his account, BUT since he sort of, kind of, doesn't exactly KNOW that I booked this cruise yet, well, let's just say I don't think I should join the facebook group in his name!! I need to wait a while to find the right time to break it to him . And, hope that he doesn't notice the deposit on the Disney Visa

But maybe I could use my mom's Facebook account...
I changed the name on my 2013 EBTA even after paid in full and kept same rate. I think as long as one person from original reservation remains on the reservation, rate stays the same.
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #1728
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

Thanks, that is good to know. It has been bothering me ever since I saw the rates shooting up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkner View Post
I changed the name on my 2013 EBTA even after paid in full and kept same rate. I think as long as one person from original reservation remains on the reservation, rate stays the same.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #1729
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyL47 View Post
Judith is doing quite well actually. I am sure as we get older it is not we that have the problem. You see calories just aren't what they used to be. They have changed and hang around longer and are much more sneaky than they used to be. I'm sure that there is a secret government study somewhere that proves this. Somewhere. Hopefully.
Yep, genetically altered calories...I knew there had to be an explanation . Darn government conspiracies!
Old 03-19-2013, 10:29 PM   #1730
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Back to the Once Upon a Time/ Downton Abbey across the pond conversation.

I discovered I could get season ! of Downton Abbey on my Amazon Prime membership. I have watched about 20 mintes of it so far. I am in love with the house.

I have a friend withan apple tv device so was looking into that and the Roku.
Made me wonder about that Wii.

Today I discovered I could add Amazon Prime to the Wii. So now instead of watching Downton Abbey on the computer or Ipad, I can see it on the big tv!!!

So many tv shows. Just passing the idea along in case anyone else didn't know you cvould do that. (Guessing not as I am a bit slow on the whole Wii thing, We just got ours installed in the last two weeks.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #1731
MedicGoofy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC View Post

Taking a name off the reservation won't hurt you. Your cruise cost will still be the same, minus the taxes and port fees of 1 person.

I have booked as me, and a TBD (to be determined), in case someone should want to join me on this cruise. Although, after beginning to meet everyone on here, I don't think I want my TBD You run into issues when adding someone to the reservation later on. That changes your rate, you then pay the going rate. Cancelling someone, as long as the original person on the res. is still there, you're fine.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:36 PM   #1732
vakamalua
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_kraft View Post

To be honest, I have not found a hotel in San Juan as yet. Partly because I was gauging interest, and partly because of not feeling well. I will get on it this week, and post some suggestions later this weekend or early next week.
Sue, hope you're feeling better really soon.

We would be interested in a hotel in San Juan for two nights. We were just there for the first time in February on the Fantasy and really enjoyed our day. Would like to spend a little more time there. Thanks!
vakamalua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #1733
Dgentrysim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Everyone! Wow, things have slowed down quite a bit these past 2 weeks... It only took about 30 minutes to catch up! sorry to have gone missing. My 8 year old (Rebecca) turned 19, wait, I mean 9, although she is acting like she is 19 at times... She had a slumber party and I haven't been well since... My son, Stephen turns 16 (YIKES) tomorrow... So between the two of those things and this dang cough again I just haven't been on the boards or FB of late...

To be honest, I have not found a hotel in San Juan as yet. Partly because I was gauging interest, and partly because of not feeling well. I will get on it this week, and post some suggestions later this weekend or early next week.

For the hotels in Barcelona, I am still full with a waiting list for a possible third hotel and bus location. I am trying to get everyone confirmed for the first two, before opening up a third location. As a reminder, if you are on the list for either of the Hotel Praktik locations and you have not sent me contact info or talked to me I need an email address from you so that I can get your information to confirm and guarantee the hotel.

Hope that everyone is having a great week!!
You are doing a great job Susan!

[IMG]
Dgentrysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #1734
mdwoodman
Once a Marine, Always a Marine!

Quote:
My 8 year old (Rebecca) turned 19, wait, I mean 9, although she is acting like she is 19 at times...

Sue, you scared me for a minute there!

We're interested in two nights, also.

Michael & Michele
May 08 - MS Oosterdam (Alaska) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ Dec 08 - Carnival Miracle (Southern Caribbean) _ Jun 09 - Carnival Glory (Eastern Caribbean)
Sep 10 - Disney Magic (Westbound transAtlantic) _ _ _ _ Oct 11 - Disney Magic (Eastern Caribbean) _ _ _ _ Jun 12 - MS Statendam (Alaska S/B)
Aug 12 - Carnival Legend (Western Caribbean) _ _ _ _ _ Sep 13 - Disney Dream (Bahamas) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Sep 13 - Disney Dream (DVC Member Cruise)
Mar 14 - Disney Magic (Bahamas) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ Sep 14 - Disney Magic (WBTA)

mdwoodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #1735
JimmyL47
Gotta Luv Cruisin

Guvmint Kunspiricies

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicasMom View Post
Yep, genetically altered calories...I knew there had to be an explanation . Darn government conspiracies!
Yep! Takes another East Coast Mid Atlantic type to recognize this calorie thing for what it is. Just weight though I am sure they are looking for a way to tax this caloric imbalance. God knows they have tax just about everything else. I am thinking about retiring and cutting my income and therefore my taxes...that'll show them! Hmmmm....something disturbing about that logic. However it's late and since I am not retired I must to bed. Time to review this thought process tomorrow.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #1736
GatorMomInNC
DIS Veteran

Hotel in Barcelona

On our last WBTA I booked just a few months before the cruise. So when it came time to find a pre-cruise hotel in Barcelona, and since I wanted to use points, my options were limited. I ended up booking the Renaissance by the airport. It was a nice hotel, and it ended up working out fine because we were so jet-lagged we didn't do anything the night we got in. In the morning we took a day tour of Barcelona before boarding the ship.

But I had really wanted to stay in the heart of the city, so this time - since I have so much advance notice - I managed to get Le Meridien for the night before the cruise. It is right in Las Ramblas. I had to book 2 rooms (it seems almost impossible to get a room that holds 2A/2C in Barcelona) and it used up ALL my points, but hopefully it will be worth it. In any event, I have 18 months to change my mind!

Anyone else planning on staying here? I have to check, but I think it is one of the hotels that DCL provides transfers from. Last time it was sold out the night before the cruise, and I suspected it was because of all the WBTA cruisers.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:10 AM   #1737
squitty
With a little bit of Pixie Dust
Finds it hard to type with her eyes closed

Champagne Girls magnets?

I have made these for those of us who are going to be attending the Champagne Girls meet.
I have made one for each of us who's name appears on the list on page 1.

Here is the link to the group of graphics. If you're on the list your name is in here..

Champagne Meet Graphic
Old 03-21-2013, 06:42 AM   #1738
annichan
There's a platypus controlling me, he's underneath the table

Quote:
Originally Posted by squitty View Post
Champagne Girls magnets?

I have made these for those of us who are going to be attending the Champagne Girls meet.

Here is the link to the group of graphics. If you're on the list your name is in here..

Champagne Meet Graphic
Cool, thank you for making the graphic!

2005: It all started with DLP Disneyland Paris (3 nights) / 2009: Honeymoon at Wilderness Lodge (15 nights)
2010: Magic Western Caribbean, then BCV (11 nights) / 2011: Magic Mediterranean Cruise (Magic, 11 nights)
2011: Our return to Disneyland Resort Paris (4 nights) / August 2012: NYC to Castaway Cay and Canada (B2B, Magic, 13 nights)
2013: Westbound Panama Canal Cruise (Wonder, 14 nights) + 3 days at Disneyland / 2014: Westbound Transatlantic and Southern Caribbean (B2B, Magic, 21 nights)

annichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:17 AM   #1739
Dgentrysim
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Champagne Girls magnets?

Champagne Meet Graphic
Thanks Michelle! I am sure it will be appreciated by everyone!

[IMG]
Dgentrysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 10:03 AM   #1740
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Champagne Girls magnets?

Champagne Meet Graphic
What a wonderful memory to treasure!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: