Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favourite name for the cruise?
The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014 44 52.38%
From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014 11 13.10%
Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014 12 14.29%
WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure 13 15.48%
We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA) 4 4.76%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 10:57 AM   #1666
Chipmunklove
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFlamingo View Post
WARNING: I DO NOT PLAY FAIR!!

Not when it comes to this trip. Or anything else I want for that matter.

I found this on ebay and knew Dennis would love it (because he's really 4-years-old):

So I bought it. And it came in today. And when I gave it to him, I said, "NOW can I put the deposit on the cruise?" And he said, "Okay."

I still have to wait til the new 0% interest card comes in, but at least I don't have to be sneaky about it.

It's about time, though. I'm getting a bit tired of getting up at 12:30am every four days to put another hold on the thing.

Now, about that little dog at the Humane Society who's been waiting a very long time for a home...

OOOHHHH!!! You are good!!! I will have to remember this one!!! And the boat is cool too.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #1667
karentan
my main job for tomorrow is to give cerby a bath, and make a cheesecake

just wondering - do any of the ports use tender boats or can the ship dock at all of them?
28/8/14-11/9/14 Solo trip @ Celebration suites!! 24/9/13-2/10/13 Solo trip @ ASMo + DDP!! 22/2/13-1/3/13 @ POP!! 19/1/13-26/1/13 2 nights POP, 3 nights POR, 2 nights Poly!! 8/9/12-22/9/12 - 3 nights Edenton NC, 7 nights SSR, 3 nights WL CL and DDP!! 5/5/12-12/5/12 Celebration Suites!! 10/9/11-29/9/11 - Disney Magic WBTA, WDW, Edenton, NC!! 5/6/10-12/6/10 - Barcelona to Dover on Disney Magic repo!! 12/9/09-28/9/09 - SSR, AKV, DDP, MNSSHP, 3 nights Disney Wonder!! 4/11/08-25/11/08 - AKL CL, Disney Wonder, villa!! 11/05 - disney fairy tale wedding and honeymoon!! 11/02 - disneyland, 05/99 - disneyland paris, 7/98 - WDW, 11/92 - WDW, 11/91 - WDW
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #1668
PFlamingo
My dog just found the chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod&Copper View Post
Fantastic Pat, glad you're "officially" getting to book are you getting the little dog??
I'll be glad when the credit cards gets here and I can quit the every-four-day vigils.

I still haven't talked Dennis into taking "Hal" yet, but we're getting very close. The President of the Humane Society is a friend of mine and she keeps coming up with ideas for me to convince him. Hal is a little old chihuahua boy who was dumped at the pound, and when his owner was told he'd probably be euthanized, they said, "oh well." The Humane Society pulled him and he's been in a foster home for almost two years. He's a sweet old thing who just wants to sit on your lap and be loved. He's fine in his foster home, I just want a lap dog. All of ours are more sit-next-to-you dogs.

Old 03-15-2013, 09:15 PM   #1669
poohluv2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakamalua View Post
Thanks!

I second this! Gaudi was a genius and the pride of Catalonia (Barcelona is the capital of that area of Spain which has a culture different from the rest of Spain).

Barcelona has so much atmosphere, blending the new with the centuries old; be sure to do a ramble in the Gothic Quarter.

I heartily recommend that you read 'Shadow of the Wind' by Carlos Ruiz Zafon before going to Barcelona. It is a great novel set in 1940s Barcelona--part history, mystery, romance, thriller. Last time we were there, we had a great time doing a walk following the places in the book. I made a great scrapbook of black and white pictures with quotes from the book (I know, I can be a bit obsessive )
That sounds like an awesome idea for scrapping .. I may have to scrap lift Can't wait to read the book as I love all those themes

Quote:
Yes, Dennis likes to pretend to be a "grown up," and I'm the one who's always saying, "hey, let's do this." I usually wait til he's vulnerable (aka, slightly inebriated), then spring some clever toy or cute picture or pitiful story on him to get him to go along. This is pretty much how I've managed to get every vacation out of him for the past 5 years, not to mention all our dogs.

I'm not proud of this... No, wait, yes I am.

But honestly, it's for his own good. The poor man would never get a vacation if it weren't for me, so I'm really doing him a favor. And things always do seem to work out. Somehow we find the money and it's all good in the end.

Life is way too short, y'know?
We also just wing it. Book it .. pay it .. somehow it all comes right in the end!
That is so amazing that Disney allows you to keep rebooking the hold, an idea to file away if we ever need to use that tactic. You are surely a force to be reckoned with my dear .. you should just gift Dennis a white flag

}»<((((º>`·..·`·..·`·... If I am not upon the sea ... then planning a cruise on the DISboards, I'll be ...·`·..·`·...·`<º))))>«{

Old 03-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #1670
poohluv2u
DIS Veteran

I was going to offer this advice to someone with an early arrival to Barcelona but then realized they had kids along, which changes it up quite a bit. So for any adults out there planning an early arrival ...

We arrived at 9am last time, checked into our hotel. Although our intention was just to drop our bags off, amazingly enough, our room was ready. So we got to freshen up and were out the door by noon. We went to Park Guell, and walked off the jet lag. We also had a few gelatos (yum) to crank up the sugar levels. We totally crashed about 9pm (super early for us)

We woke up at 6am refreshed and set off early to tour. Waking up early is a good thing in Barcelona as it gets way hot in the afternoons. We planned our indoor touring to take place during the hottest time of the day (just like we do at the Parks) We will definitely be looking at arriving early again. By the third day when we boarded the ship our jet lag was over

}»<((((º>`·..·`·..·`·... If I am not upon the sea ... then planning a cruise on the DISboards, I'll be ...·`·..·`·...·`<º))))>«{

Old 03-16-2013, 12:09 AM   #1671
Grandma x3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'll be glad when the credit cards gets here and I can quit the every-four-day vigils.

I still haven't talked Dennis into taking "Hal" yet, but we're getting very close. The President of the Humane Society is a friend of mine and she keeps coming up with ideas for me to convince him. Hal is a little old chihuahua boy who was dumped at the pound, and when his owner was told he'd probably be euthanized, they said, "oh well." The Humane Society pulled him and he's been in a foster home for almost two years. He's a sweet old thing who just wants to sit on your lap and be loved. He's fine in his foster home, I just want a lap dog. All of ours are more sit-next-to-you dogs.
Oh my - I so understand - I've got 2 German Shepherds (big) and I fell in love with a Yorki/Poodle and a Maltese/Poodle - their "mom" passed away and I couldn't resist - although my big male Max thinks he should be a lap dog - ah not!! So brought Paul to see them and he melted (gruffly !) so now we have 4 dogs and 2 kitties !! And big Max is in love w/the little dogs - especially the Malti/Poo - they cuddle together !

Old 03-16-2013, 05:09 AM   #1672
emmah16
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazB View Post
This'll be my 4th transatlantic with Disney. You'll have no problems with the flight. (Just not PIA)
My flights are Manchester UK to Barcelona. Puerto Rico to New York. New York to Manchester. I use Skyscanner to check out flights. You get some good prices on there. It's just I've got to wait till October before I can get the right prices for next September.
I think this is what we will be doing as we will also be flying back to Manchester.

Old 03-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #1673
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

Just testing out my new avatar to see if it works.
Old 03-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #1674
birkner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
Sorry, can't see it Sarah
Old 03-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #1675
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyAngelic View Post
Ah!! Where did you go??

Seriously though - don't see anything.
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

Old 03-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #1676
TotallyAngelic
Disney Addict

didn't work and now it won't let me upload one ... that will teach me to mess about with things I don't understand
Old 03-16-2013, 11:04 PM   #1677
Dopeylover54
Mouseketeer

Request permission to come aboard

Ahoy,
We couldn't resist... We have Done all of the WBTA's and since this one is calling on new southern carribean ports, we are pleased to be joining some old friends and hoping to make some new ones!! Anyone doing BtB?
It will be Christie and DH Ken.
Celebrating our 40th anniversary!!:cool1
Old 03-17-2013, 01:15 AM   #1678
ThePhantomsGirl
I was born to cruise!

Permission granted!

We keep on growing - great to see more people coming on board.

1/27/07 Western Caribbean Disney Magic; 2/2/12 Disney Dream Bahamas; 4/28/12 Disney Fantasy Western Caribbean; 1/27/13 Carnival Legend; 9/7/13 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 1/25/14 Disney Fantasy Eastern Caribbean; 2/16/14 Disney Dream Bahamas; 9/6/14 Disney Magic WBTA
Old 03-17-2013, 05:36 AM   #1679
Pinky166
a little on the OCD side
very impulsive, which doesn’t bode well for our credit cards!
They don't call me "Clever Claire" for nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeylover54 View Post
Ahoy,
We couldn't resist... We have Done all of the WBTA's and since this one is calling on new southern carribean ports, we are pleased to be joining some old friends and hoping to make some new ones!! Anyone doing BtB?
Welcome aboard! I have added you to the roll call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnfly829 View Post
First post on Disboards.
Am eagerly awaiting EBTA and WBTA looks like it will be even better !!
DH jimmyl47 and are looking forwards to an awesum Disney Vacation on the Majic
Welcome to the DISboards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC View Post
I can't believe this thread is already at 113 pages!!!!

Well, we have booked this cruise again, because it was my favorite cruise of all time when we went on the last one!! Still not 100% sure we will make it, I need to look at the airfare when it comes out in a few months, but I am really hoping it works out! All new ports too, how great is that??

So, it will be:

Myself, Danae, age 49 at the time we sail;

My DM, Phyllis, age 81 at the time we sail;

My DS, Jonas, age 10 at the time we sail;

My DS, Carter, age 7 at the time we sail

We splurged on a verandah room this time, #6544.

I need to get signed up for a bunch of things - FEs, of course, Palo brunch and some mixology!!!

I have not read through the 113 pages, so have we got a name for this cruise? Anyone know what new things might be added to the Magic in drydock that we can look forward to?
Welcome, it will be lovely to cruise with you again. I have added you to the roll call.

Sept 2000 - I-Drive, Sept 2002 - Kissimmee, Sept 2003 - AKL, Sept/Oct 2006 - Univ PBR, June 2008 - DLRP, Hotel NY, Dec 2008 - Univ HRH, WL & YC, Sept 2009 - OKW, 4n Wonder & Poly, June 2010 - BLT, Nov 2010 - DLRP, Sequoia Lodge, Jan 2011 - Univ RPR, Dream Maiden Voyage & AKV, Sept 2011 - 14n WBTA & BLT, Oct 2012 - Paris & DLRP, June 2013 - 7n Med Cruise, Oct 2013 - Univ RPR, SSR, & Fantasy, May 2014 - 12n EBTA, Sept 2014 - 14n WBTA, May 2015 - 15n EBTA, Sept 2015 - West Coast Road trip & Disneyland
Old 03-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #1680
karentan
my main job for tomorrow is to give cerby a bath, and make a cheesecake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopeylover54 View Post
Ahoy,
welcome onboard!!! all of the WBTAs? wow! jealous
28/8/14-11/9/14 Solo trip @ Celebration suites!! 24/9/13-2/10/13 Solo trip @ ASMo + DDP!! 22/2/13-1/3/13 @ POP!! 19/1/13-26/1/13 2 nights POP, 3 nights POR, 2 nights Poly!! 8/9/12-22/9/12 - 3 nights Edenton NC, 7 nights SSR, 3 nights WL CL and DDP!! 5/5/12-12/5/12 Celebration Suites!! 10/9/11-29/9/11 - Disney Magic WBTA, WDW, Edenton, NC!! 5/6/10-12/6/10 - Barcelona to Dover on Disney Magic repo!! 12/9/09-28/9/09 - SSR, AKV, DDP, MNSSHP, 3 nights Disney Wonder!! 4/11/08-25/11/08 - AKL CL, Disney Wonder, villa!! 11/05 - disney fairy tale wedding and honeymoon!! 11/02 - disneyland, 05/99 - disneyland paris, 7/98 - WDW, 11/92 - WDW, 11/91 - WDW
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: