Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favourite name for the cruise?
The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014 44 52.38%
From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014 11 13.10%
Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014 12 14.29%
WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure 13 15.48%
We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA) 4 4.76%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #1651
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPug View Post
jessicamom that is really good.
Thanks, honey !
Old 03-14-2013, 06:33 PM   #1652
youalleverybody
Rather be Soarin'

Evelyn, thanks for the tip about PIA, and the shuttle from MDW to ORD. I did not know that existed, and I was picturing struggling into a taxi with the kids and luggage. Yuck. I will certainly check their prices once the booking window begins.

WDW 2008, 2010 and 2012
February 2012 Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean
October 2012 Disney Dream Bahamas
February 2013 Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #1653
drgnfly829
Earning My Ears

Smile Hello Everyone!

First post on Disboards.
Am eagerly awaiting EBTA and WBTA looks like it will be even better !!
DH jimmyl47 and are looking forwards to an awesum Disney Vacation on the Majic
Old 03-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #1654
fly4free2
Dis Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC View Post
I can't believe this thread is already at 113 pages!!!!

Well, we have booked this cruise again, because it was my favorite cruise of all time when we went on the last one!! Still not 100% sure we will make it, I need to look at the airfare when it comes out in a few months, but I am really hoping it works out! All new ports too, how great is that??

So, it will be:

Myself, Danae, age 49 at the time we sail;

My DM, Phyllis, age 81 at the time we sail;

My DS, Jonas, age 10 at the time we sail;

My DS, Carter, age 7 at the time we sail

We splurged on a verandah room this time, #6544.

I need to get signed up for a bunch of things - FEs, of course, Palo brunch and some mixology!!!

I have not read through the 113 pages, so have we got a name for this cruise? Anyone know what new things might be added to the Magic in drydock that we can look forward to?
YAY, you are back..good to see ya

6/1/2014 Disney Dream, New Transformed Disney Magic Nov. 1/2013, 2011 WBTA Disney Magic Disney Magic Nov 2011,Western Caribbean 7 nt. Holland American Panama Canal Nov. 2011 10 other crusies--WDW/ 140 times . AKV Jambo House Savannah View// 24 hours with Mickey Leap Day 2/29/12 Contemporary Resort Castle View / Beach Club Resort// AKV Kidani Village Savannah View /Grand Floridian /Wilderness Lodge Villa's /Pop Century

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to Dance In The Rain"
Old 03-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #1655
PFlamingo
My dog just found the chainsaw

WARNING: I DO NOT PLAY FAIR!!

Not when it comes to this trip. Or anything else I want for that matter.

I found this on ebay and knew Dennis would love it (because he's really 4-years-old):

So I bought it. And it came in today. And when I gave it to him, I said, "NOW can I put the deposit on the cruise?" And he said, "Okay."

I still have to wait til the new 0% interest card comes in, but at least I don't have to be sneaky about it.

It's about time, though. I'm getting a bit tired of getting up at 12:30am every four days to put another hold on the thing.

Now, about that little dog at the Humane Society who's been waiting a very long time for a home...

Old 03-14-2013, 08:31 PM   #1656
fly4free2
Dis Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by youalleverybody View Post
Evelyn, thanks for the tip about PIA, and the shuttle from MDW to ORD. I did not know that existed, and I was picturing struggling into a taxi with the kids and luggage. Yuck. I will certainly check their prices once the booking window begins.
Someone posted earlier that they might be hesitant to fly them but I am quite comfortable traveling on PIA, they fly out of O'Hare every day and have for years, they have never had even a hiccup to my knowledge. I found them to be extremely nice and very accommodating. Since I've been in the Airline Industry for 30 years I kinda know what's happening. . I'll get more information on the shuttle between the airports for you.

Are you planning to fly into Barcelona a few days early? Don't know what I will do yet but will arrive at least 2 days early, ya just never know what weather and such can be.

6/1/2014 Disney Dream, New Transformed Disney Magic Nov. 1/2013, 2011 WBTA Disney Magic Disney Magic Nov 2011,Western Caribbean 7 nt. Holland American Panama Canal Nov. 2011 10 other crusies--WDW/ 140 times . AKV Jambo House Savannah View// 24 hours with Mickey Leap Day 2/29/12 Contemporary Resort Castle View / Beach Club Resort// AKV Kidani Village Savannah View /Grand Floridian /Wilderness Lodge Villa's /Pop Century

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to Dance In The Rain"
Old 03-14-2013, 08:33 PM   #1657
karentan
my main job for tomorrow is to give cerby a bath, and make a cheesecake

Awesome tactics pat, and even better that it worked

Was looking through old photos from past cruises and even found a rare one of you without the pink flamingo hat Dennis looks greatful that you didn't take the hat off the ship in st Maarten
28/8/14-11/9/14 Solo trip @ Celebration suites!! 24/9/13-2/10/13 Solo trip @ ASMo + DDP!! 22/2/13-1/3/13 @ POP!! 19/1/13-26/1/13 2 nights POP, 3 nights POR, 2 nights Poly!! 8/9/12-22/9/12 - 3 nights Edenton NC, 7 nights SSR, 3 nights WL CL and DDP!! 5/5/12-12/5/12 Celebration Suites!! 10/9/11-29/9/11 - Disney Magic WBTA, WDW, Edenton, NC!! 5/6/10-12/6/10 - Barcelona to Dover on Disney Magic repo!! 12/9/09-28/9/09 - SSR, AKV, DDP, MNSSHP, 3 nights Disney Wonder!! 4/11/08-25/11/08 - AKL CL, Disney Wonder, villa!! 11/05 - disney fairy tale wedding and honeymoon!! 11/02 - disneyland, 05/99 - disneyland paris, 7/98 - WDW, 11/92 - WDW, 11/91 - WDW
Old 03-14-2013, 09:02 PM   #1658
mdwoodman
Once a Marine, Always a Marine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnfly829 View Post
First post on Disboards.
Welcome!
May 08 - MS Oosterdam (Alaska) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ Dec 08 - Carnival Miracle (Southern Caribbean) _ Jun 09 - Carnival Glory (Eastern Caribbean)
Sep 10 - Disney Magic (Westbound transAtlantic) _ _ _ _ Oct 11 - Disney Magic (Eastern Caribbean) _ _ _ _ Jun 12 - MS Statendam (Alaska S/B)
Aug 12 - Carnival Legend (Western Caribbean) _ _ _ _ _ Sep 13 - Disney Dream (Bahamas) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Sep 13 - Disney Dream (DVC Member Cruise)
Mar 14 - Disney Magic (Bahamas) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ Sep 14 - Disney Magic (WBTA)

Old 03-14-2013, 09:18 PM   #1659
PFlamingo
My dog just found the chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicasMom View Post
The first thing I thought about when I read your post was how Dennis would feel about another big expenditure . We personally prefer to keep our heads in the sand and just hope it all works out , which it always does.
Yes, Dennis likes to pretend to be a "grown up," and I'm the one who's always saying, "hey, let's do this." I usually wait til he's vulnerable (aka, slightly inebriated), then spring some clever toy or cute picture or pitiful story on him to get him to go along. This is pretty much how I've managed to get every vacation out of him for the past 5 years, not to mention all our dogs.

I'm not proud of this... No, wait, yes I am.

But honestly, it's for his own good. The poor man would never get a vacation if it weren't for me, so I'm really doing him a favor. And things always do seem to work out. Somehow we find the money and it's all good in the end.

Life is way too short, y'know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karentan View Post
Awesome tactics pat, and even better that it worked
Why, thank you! I have learned a few good tricks over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karentan View Post
Was looking through old photos from past cruises and even found a rare one of you without the pink flamingo hat Dennis looks greatful that you didn't take the hat off the ship in st Maarten
Dennis secretly loves the flamingo hat. He wishes I would let him wear it.

Last edited by PFlamingo; 03-14-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:56 AM   #1660
Tod&Copper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFlamingo

I found this on ebay and knew Dennis would love it (because he's really 4-years-old):

So I bought it. And it came in today. And when I gave it to him, I said, "NOW can I put the deposit on the cruise?" And he said, "Okay."

I still have to wait til the new 0% interest card comes in, but at least I don't have to be sneaky about it.

It's about time, though. I'm getting a bit tired of getting up at 12:30am every four days to put another hold on the thing.

Now, about that little dog at the Humane Society who's been waiting a very long time for a home...
Fantastic Pat, glad you're "officially" getting to book are you getting the little dog??

DVC Member since 2000 - VWL AKV BLT
Platinum Castaway Club Member

14 Magical Sailings completed - 5 more to look forward to

WBTA 2010 / WBTA 2011 / EBTA 2014 / WBTA 2014 / EBTA 2015
7 Night New Year Cruise Disney Magic 2014
7 Night Dover to Barcelona repo Disney Magic 3rd August 2015
EBPC October 2015
Old 03-15-2013, 04:21 AM   #1661
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFlamingo

Pat your a real cheeky monkey but I'm so Glad it worked. Boys and their toys!!!!!
Old 03-15-2013, 04:54 AM   #1662
babydiver
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnfly829 View Post
First post on Disboards.

Welcome to your 'little' group.

So DH is Jimmy but what is your name? Earlier on we were telling each other a little about ourselves and our previous Disney holidays and we would love to know more about you too...

Once you have done 10 posts you can start to personal message and perhaps join some of the organised events that will be going on during the WBTA 2014. It's easy to get ten posts - some people just post one or two words at a time!!!

We are Sue and Richard welcome again

7 nights Disney Magic Western Caribbean 2007 - 7 nights Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean 2009 - 3 nights Disney Wonder Bahamas 2009 - 7 nights Disney Wonder Alaska 2011 - 14 nights Disney Magic WBTA 2011 - 7 night Disney Wonder Pacific 2012 (Gold at last!) - 7 night Disney Fantasy EC Jan 2013 - 12 nights Disney Magic Barcelona to Venice June 2014 - 14 nights Disney Magic WBTA Sept 2014 B2B 7 nights Disney Magic Southern Caribbean Sept 2014 -
14 nights Panama Canal May 2015 (Platinum at last) - 11 night Disney Magic WBTA Sept 2015.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:32 AM   #1663
GazB
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn

Evelyn you must have mentioned this somewhere else, because I looked up PIA last week. Great fares for this September from CHI to BCN. $354 OW in economy, and ~$800 in business. The reviews vary but seem decent, so I asked around where I work. My DH had a strongly negative response (for mainly personal reasons, but also the whole terrorist state thing), an Afghani doc said it wouldn't be his first choice, but if it were that much cheaper he would consider it and the Iranian Midwife said she had never heard of them. I didn't find any actual Pakistani coworkers to ask .
So with DHs response, plus having to add the fare from SFO/Oak, I don't think it would work out for us, since it looks like fares from SFO through NY are around $1100 and my father could meet us in NY from IAD for the long leg.
With regard to PIA. They hold one of the worst safety records. A friend of mine works at the airport near to me in the UK. And PIA has been warned numerous times for being overweight. Their planes have used all of the runway for takeoff. And have been known to overshoot the runway on landing. At one point. Their landing rights were revoked until they sorted this out.
Personally. I'd pay a little more. And land safely. Then pay a little less. And end up in a lake in one of the UKs national parks!
Just saying!
Old 03-15-2013, 08:24 AM   #1664
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazB View Post
Then pay a little less. And end up in a lake in one of the UKs national parks!
Just saying!
Don't let my DIL see this!!! She already hates flying!! She didn't sleep a wink on our flight over in 2010 and that was after meds! Not that we plan to use PIA.
Disney Dream/AKL - JUL14; Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

Old 03-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #1665
GazB
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMe

Don't let my DIL see this!!! She already hates flying!! She didn't sleep a wink on our flight over in 2010 and that was after meds! Not that we plan to use PIA.
This'll be my 4th transatlantic with Disney. You'll have no problems with the flight. (Just not PIA)
My flights are Manchester UK to Barcelona. Puerto Rico to New York. New York to Manchester. I use Skyscanner to check out flights. You get some good prices on there. It's just I've got to wait till October before I can get the right prices for next September.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: