Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favourite name for the cruise?
The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014 44 52.38%
From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014 11 13.10%
Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014 12 14.29%
WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure 13 15.48%
We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA) 4 4.76%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #1636
disdel
Ears? Anyone remember the GEnie boards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorMomInNC View Post
I can't believe this thread is already at 113 pages!!!!

Well, we have booked this cruise again, because it was my favorite cruise of all time when we went on the last one!! Still not 100% sure we will make it, I need to look at the airfare when it comes out in a few months, but I am really hoping it works out! All new ports too, how great is that??
So, it will be:
Myself, Danae, age 49 at the time we sail;
My DM, Phyllis, age 81 at the time we sail;
My DS, Jonas, age 10 at the time we sail;
My DS, Carter, age 7 at the time we sail
We splurged on a verandah room this time, #6544.

Welcome!
I need to get signed up for a bunch of things - FEs, of course, Palo brunch and some mixology!!!

I have not read through the 113 pages, so have we got a name for this cruise? Anyone know what new things might be added to the Magic in drydock that we can look forward to?
Welcome to ..............tada ........
The MAGIC is Back

and look through the thread, you have a lot of companions there in NC, we hope to meet a bunch of them this summer up near Raleigh, I think
MAGIC Western Caribbean 10/06/07 WONDER 11/06/08MAGIC Transatlantic 4/10-24, 2010 WONDER in Alaska 6/28/11 DREAM 11/10/11 MAGIC in NYC 6/15/12 FANTASY New Year's Eve 12/28/13 DREAM 1/12/14 MAGIC WBTA 9/6/14 WONDER 10/01/14 - Completing 4 ships in 1 year

and waaaay too many visits to WDW to list (including midnight for the "millenium" - Y2K, bah), but never enough
Old 03-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #1637
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Just letting everyone know I have updated all brunch requests on our original post that have been PM'ed to me. All are now full at 14 with a waitlist started. If anyone drops off rollcall please let me know so we can move waitlist folks up. I will be in touch at PIF date so reconfirm and get necessary info to submit to DCL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Palo Group Brunch

If you are interested please PM me your names and party size.
(Don't leave a message in this thread... for organizational purposes I need a PM please. Thanks!)

~ I will have everyone re-confirm after PIF (Paid In Full) date to make sure everyone is still onboard since this is so far out.
~ I will request full names, cabin number and reservation numbers at that time before I send in our request.
~ I will submit the request to DCL in June 2014 so we are in the queue although we know they might not look at it until closer to the cruise.
~ Once your name is submitted in June, there are no refunds or changes.
~ We can have a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 14 for each group according to how Palo is now on Magic (assuming drydock won't affect Palo private room sizing).
~ I will add guests to the groups on a "first come, first served basis" starting with group #1 - and those will be the dates we request with DCL (not guaranteed). Groups filled in order the PM is received.
~ If for some reason you cancel this cruise, please PM me immediately so I can fill your group as we must have the minimum of 12.
~ Due to the popularity of this event and number of cruisers we anticipate, we will try to fill the groups to 14 to allow a maximum number of cruisers to participate.
~ We should receive confirmation about 30 days before we sail with charges made to your onboard account.
~ When you are able to make your own personal Palo reservations, it is encouraged to do so. When your Group reservation is confirmed, DCL will delete your original "on your own" brunch reservation since we can only book one brunch prior to embarkation. Do not rely on this brunch to "make" - be proactive and still schedule your own brunch just in case! There could be other groups making the same request which is why we encourage you to schedule brunch on your own after PIF date - just to be on the safe side.

Preferred Date to send to DCL - Group # (usually right when Palo opens)
Sept 7 Palo Group Brunch #1
Sept 9 Palo Group Brunch #2
Sept 10 Palo Group Brunch #3
Sept 12 Palo Group Brunch #4
Sept 13 Palo Group Brunch #5
Sept 14 Palo Group Brunch #6
Sept 15 Palo Group Brunch #7

If for some reason DCL cannot accommodate all groups, we will be asking for them to fill the groups in order 1 thru 7... so if another group has already beat us to it, we may not get all requests.

As names are received, I will keep this post updated.

PALO GROUP BRUNCH PMs RECEIVED:

Sept 7 Palo Group Brunch #1 - closed at 14
(2) babydiver (Sue and Richard)
(1) Liesbeth1012
(1) Paul312
(4) binkytell (Sarah, Brian, two adult children)
(2) MandyGirl (Mandy, Curt)
(2) Chris&Jeremy (Chris and Jeremy)
(2) JustAnnieNotHazel (Annemarie and Hazel)

Sept 9 Palo Group Brunch #2 - closed at 14
(2) bound2travel (Kristie and Jolie)
(3) caroleRWO (Carole, Mike, Jenny)
(1) ThePhantomsGirl (Holly)
(2) Grandma x3 (Chris & Paul)
(2) Dgentrysim (Debra and Rick)
(1) katypop (Kathe)
(1) Buckeye Gal (Kimberly)
(2) acourtwdw (Amanda and Annette)

Sept 10 Palo Group Brunch #3 - Closed at 14
(2) yukongirl123 (Trevor and Janice)
(4) fly4free2 (Evelyn, Eilean, Lisa, and Roy)
(2) geffric (Susan and Scott)
(1) NWMOM (Skye)
(1) NWDAD (Kevin)
(2) lovingthemouse (Caroline and Kathy)
(2) youalleverybody (Anja and Bruce)

Sept 12 Palo Group Brunch #4 - Closed at 14
(2) Claire & Lee (Pinky166)
(2) Mary & Stevie (Tod&Copper)
(2) Michelle & Neil (Squitty)
(2) Margaret & Norman (Magic123)
(2) Sue & John (Susie2)
(2) Pat & Dennis (PFlamingo)
(2) Maxine & Simon

Sept 13 Palo Group Brunch #5 - Closed at 14
(2) mdwoodman (Michael & Michele)
(2) alexandnessa (Mike & Jodie)
(2) su_kraft (Sue & Glenn)
(2) su_kraft (Mark & Juanita)
(2) su_kraft (Michelle and Ryan)
(2) DVCNuts (Jerry and Laura)
(2) birkner (Noel and John)

Sept 14 Palo Group Brunch #6 - Closed at 14
(3) MagicMe (Melodie, Amy, Dave)
(2) yogitxtx (Sandy and Tom)
(2) Shercara (Phil and Sherri)
(2) pit303 (Joe and Maureen)
(2) cruisinmom (Andrew and Andrea)
(2) dclcruise2012 (Ron & Marieke)
(1) MedicGoofy (Jenn)

Sept 15 Palo Group Brunch #7 - closed at 14
(3) pharmjenn (Jim, Jenn, Bob)
(2) sezmo (Sarah and Elizabeth)
(2) Disneynut64 (Greg and ___ )
(5) debs96 (Debbie, Amy, Marilyn, Patty, and Kathy )
(2) thedonduck (Kimmy and DJ)

Waitlist:
(3) Wedgeh - any group (rcvd 2/27/13)
(2) diznefamily - any group (rcvd 3/12 for Dani and Steve)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 07:11 PM   #1638
karentan
my main job for tomorrow is to give cerby a bath, and make a cheesecake

Quote:

Well, we have booked this cruise again, because it was my favorite cruise of all time when we went on the last one!! Still not 100% sure we will make it, I need to look at the airfare when it comes out in a few months, but I am really hoping it works out! All new ports too, how great is that??
yay! welcome back! remember your screen name from last time!

24/9/13-2/10/13 Solo trip! 8 nights ASMo + DDP!! 22/2/13-1/3/13 7 nights POP!! 19/1/13-26/1/13 2 nights POP, 3 nights POR, 2 nights Poly!! 8/9/12-22/9/12 - 3 nights Edenton NC, 7 nights SSR, 3 nights WL club level and DDP!! 5/5/12-12/5/12 - 7 nights last minute trip at Celebration Suites!! 10/9/11-29/9/11 - Disney Magic WBTA, WDW, Edenton, NC!! 5/6/10-12/6/10 - Barcelona to Dover 7 night Disney Magic repo!! 12/9/09-28/9/09 - SSR, AKV, DDP, MNSSHP, 3 nights Disney Wonder!! 4/11/08-25/11/08 - AKL club level, Disney Wonder, villa!! 11/05 - disney fairy tale wedding and honeymoon!! 11/02 - disneyland resort, 05/99 - disneyland resort paris, 7/98 - WDW family trip, 11/92 - WDW family trip, 11/91 - WDW family trip

Old 03-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #1639
karentan

and like you, can't wait to hear what might be in store for the ship when it dry docks this year

24/9/13-2/10/13 Solo trip! 8 nights ASMo + DDP!! 22/2/13-1/3/13 7 nights POP!! 19/1/13-26/1/13 2 nights POP, 3 nights POR, 2 nights Poly!! 8/9/12-22/9/12 - 3 nights Edenton NC, 7 nights SSR, 3 nights WL club level and DDP!! 5/5/12-12/5/12 - 7 nights last minute trip at Celebration Suites!! 10/9/11-29/9/11 - Disney Magic WBTA, WDW, Edenton, NC!! 5/6/10-12/6/10 - Barcelona to Dover 7 night Disney Magic repo!! 12/9/09-28/9/09 - SSR, AKV, DDP, MNSSHP, 3 nights Disney Wonder!! 4/11/08-25/11/08 - AKL club level, Disney Wonder, villa!! 11/05 - disney fairy tale wedding and honeymoon!! 11/02 - disneyland resort, 05/99 - disneyland resort paris, 7/98 - WDW family trip, 11/92 - WDW family trip, 11/91 - WDW family trip

Old 03-13-2013, 08:48 PM   #1640
PFlamingo
My dog just found the chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakamalua View Post
Sorry you're having a bad day. Here's an adorable new Mickey cartoon to make to smile:

http://family-room.ew.com/2013/03/12...shorts-disney/
That was so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by karentan View Post
No jokes come to mind but just imagine how good that first FAB will taste. That might help
That helped, but not as much as the RAB I had when I got home from work.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:26 AM   #1641
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFlamingo View Post
I was already feeling blue this week, not sure why, and now the AC man is here, supposed to be doing the 6 month check and clean on the unit, and we're already up to $350 in parts/repairs. He also told me the whole unit is going to need to be replaced soon.

I need some jokes or stories to cheer me up. Let's hear them! Please.
Pat, I feel your pain, sister! (And I'm sure you're coming off your VM high, which is why you feel blue...or maybe it was the somewhat "blue" subject matter ).

Anyway, yesterday Larry noticed water coming from around the lid to our septic tank (sorry, not a pleasant problem, but real life ). Turns out the pump inside had apparently stopped doing its thing, so, $580 later, our two tanks were pumped out, a float replaced...happy, happy, joy, joy. Guess what? It worked for about an hour. So, another call made to the septic guys (God Bless Them ), with another visit scheduled tomorrow. In the meantime, we can use water, but have to limit the amt. that goes into the system. There's no danger of anything backing up into the house, thank goodness, or I'd . The only good part of my story is that we charged it on our Disney Visa for the reward dollars (OBC, yeah!)

So, did that help any? Just think of me as you flush, shower, do laundry and the dishes without a care...even if you're sweating a bit in your uncomfortably warm home while you do so ....and thank your lucky stars your plumbing works!

Now, back to our happy Disney thread.....
Old 03-14-2013, 05:53 AM   #1642
karentan

that sucks about your water, at least you've got some coming in and not totally out. Hope you manage to get it sorted today

Old 03-14-2013, 08:00 AM   #1643
JustAnnieNotHazel
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicasMom
Pat, I feel your pain, sister! (And I'm sure you're coming off your VM high, which is why you feel blue...or maybe it was the somewhat "blue" subject matter ).

Anyway, yesterday Larry noticed water coming from around the lid to our septic tank (sorry, not a pleasant problem, but real life ). Turns out the pump inside had apparently stopped doing its thing, so, $580 later, our two tanks were pumped out, a float replaced...happy, happy, joy, joy. Guess what? It worked for about an hour. So, another call made to the septic guys (God Bless Them ), with another visit scheduled tomorrow. In the meantime, we can use water, but have to limit the amt. that goes into the system. There's no danger of anything backing up into the house, thank goodness, or I'd . The only good part of my story is that we charged it on our Disney Visa for the reward dollars (OBC, yeah!)

So, did that help any? Just think of me as you flush, shower, do laundry and the dishes without a care...even if you're sweating a bit in your uncomfortably warm home while you do so ....and thank your lucky stars your plumbing works!

Just think of the nice cocktail you'll be able to have because of your tank repairs!

Every cloud!
Old 03-14-2013, 12:03 PM   #1644
MagicMe
DIS Veteran

I think this is the first time I've found us on Page 2!!!!!!
Disney Fantasy - SEP12; Disney Dream/OKW - OCT11; Disney Wonder - Alaska AUG11; Disney Magic WBTA - Sep10; Disney Magic - Sep08; WL - Dec07-MVMCP; OKW - Oct/Nov06-MNSSHP; Disney Wonder - Aug06; OKW - Sept05; Disneyland - Jun04; Offsite - Dec03-MVMCP; Poly - Aug02; POR/Wonder - Aug00; POR - Jul99; And many more...

Old 03-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #1645
Tod&Copper
DIS Veteran

Quote:

So, it will be:

Myself, Danae, age 49 at the time we sail;

My DM, Phyllis, age 81 at the time we sail;

My DS, Jonas, age 10 at the time we sail;

My DS, Carter, age 7 at the time we sail

We splurged on a verandah room this time, #6544.

I need to get signed up for a bunch of things - FEs, of course, Palo brunch and some mixology!!!

I have not read through the 113 pages, so have we got a name for this cruise? Anyone know what new things might be added to the Magic in drydock that we can look forward to?
Welcome back, hope you manage to join us again next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Just letting everyone know I have updated all brunch requests on our original post that have been PM'ed to me. All are now full at 14 with a waitlist started. If anyone drops off rollcall please let me know so we can move waitlist folks up. I will be in touch at PIF date so reconfirm and get necessary info to submit to DCL.
Thanks Mandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by karentan View Post
and like you, can't wait to hear what might be in store for the ship when it dry docks this year
Karen have you seen the artists impressions that are floating around the internet, I'm sure someone someone has the link to it. Big changes to the adult bar areas, Parrot Cay and Topsiders - supposedly to be more like Cabanas on the new ships

Quote:
That was so cute!

That helped, but not as much as the RAB I had when I got home from work.
Pat, what a nightmare, I'd be having a few more : :

DVC Member since 2000 - VWL AKV BLT
Platinum Castaway Club Member

14 Magical Sailings completed - 5 more to look forward to

WBTA 2010 / WBTA 2011 / EBTA 2014 / WBTA 2014 / EBTA 2015
7 Night New Year Cruise Disney Magic 2014
7 Night Dover to Barcelona repo Disney Magic 3rd August 2015
EBPC October 2015
Old 03-14-2013, 01:14 PM   #1646
karentan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod&Copper View Post
Karen have you seen the artists impressions that are floating around the internet, I'm sure someone someone has the link to it. Big changes to the adult bar areas, Parrot Cay and Topsiders - supposedly to be more like Cabanas on new ships
have seen them but I haven't been on the new ships so no clue what cabanas is like and to be honest I kinda like parrot cay!

Old 03-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #1647
PFlamingo
My dog just found the chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicasMom

It did. I was telling Dennis last night we need to start shopping for a new AC unit now, because with our luck, it will go out on the hottest weekend of the summer.

Now it's reeeaaalllly going to be hard to talk him into putting the deposit on the cruise! But I have a secret weapon. It's called a zero-percent-for-15-months credit card. Heh, heh, heh. That way I can keep our ressie til Dennis comes around!

Old 03-14-2013, 04:00 PM   #1648
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnnieNotHazel View Post
Every cloud!
We always look for a silver lining, and we always find one. Easier to be happy about life in general than miserable (which so many people seem determined to be).

Quote:
It did. I was telling Dennis last night we need to start shopping for a new AC unit now, because with our luck, it will go out on the hottest weekend of the summer.

Now it's reeeaaalllly going to be hard to talk him into putting the deposit on the cruise! But I have a secret weapon. It's called a zero-percent-for-15-months credit card. Heh, heh, heh. That way I can keep our ressie til Dennis comes around!
The first thing I thought about when I read your post was how Dennis would feel about another big expenditure . We personally prefer to keep our heads in the sand and just hope it all works out , which it always does. We don't do debt, so we'll be taking advantage of the 6 mos. interest-free cruise payment on our Visa, so we can pay for the septic repairs! (Another silver lining)

Well, the guys returned today and replaced the persnickety pump, so the dishwasher is happily humming away. It cost us a few more hundred, but, hey,....more fruity, tropical drinks onboard!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:17 PM   #1649
PinkPug
Earning My Ears

jessicamom that is really good.
Old 03-14-2013, 04:50 PM   #1650
Tod&Copper
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFlamingo

You wicked woman Pat, love it !!

DVC Member since 2000 - VWL AKV BLT
Platinum Castaway Club Member

14 Magical Sailings completed - 5 more to look forward to

WBTA 2010 / WBTA 2011 / EBTA 2014 / WBTA 2014 / EBTA 2015
7 Night New Year Cruise Disney Magic 2014
7 Night Dover to Barcelona repo Disney Magic 3rd August 2015
EBPC October 2015
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: