Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What is your favourite name for the cruise?
The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014 44 52.38%
From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014 11 13.10%
Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014 12 14.29%
WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure 13 15.48%
We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA) 4 4.76%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #1591
youalleverybody
Rather be Soarin'

First of all, I want to say thank you to all of you on this list. It is wonderful to know that I'm not totally nuts for already planning and dreaming about the details of this vacation, that is still over a year away. I am not alone

Secondly, I've looked at flights, and suspect that we may end up on Aer Lingus from Boston. We can use our southwest points to fly to Boston from Kansas City. The schedule for this September has that flight (through Dublin) arriving around 10:00am. For those of you who have done this before, what have you done with your luggage until you check in to the hotel? Do you leave it at the hotel and then go explore? Will we all be too jetlagged to really do anything that day? I'm imagining our family showing up at the hotel and all falling asleep in the lobby until they take pity on us and let us check in.

WDW 2008, 2010 and 2012
February 2012 Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean
October 2012 Disney Dream Bahamas
February 2013 Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas
Old 03-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #1592
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by youalleverybody View Post

. . . arriving around 10:00am. For those of you who have done this before, what have you done with your luggage until you check in to the hotel? Do you leave it at the hotel and then go explore?
Yes, that's what we do.

Will we all be too jetlagged to really do anything that day? I'm imagining our family showing up at the hotel and all falling asleep in the lobby until they take pity on us and let us check in.
To help avoid jet lag, we find it best not to take a nap. Go out, get some sunshine, and stay awake until 8:00 or 9:00pm.
Comments in red.

Woody
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #1593
geffric
DH thinks I'm funny -- but I tell him it's like a hobby!
I found myself checking for new posting while I am at work, at home, doing homework
I have LOTS of really nice Disney loving friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakamalua View Post
I heartily recommend that you read 'Shadow of the Wind' by Carlos Ruiz Zafon before going to Barcelona. It is a great novel set in 1940s Barcelona--part history, mystery, romance, thriller. Last time we were there, we had a great time doing a walk following the places in the book. I made a great scrapbook of black and white pictures with quotes from the book (I know, I can be a bit obsessive )
I just Nooked it and downloaded it..thanks

Old 03-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #1594
katypop
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I heartily recommend that you read 'Shadow of the Wind' by Carlos Ruiz Zafon before going to Barcelona. It is a great novel set in 1940s Barcelona--part history, mystery, romance, thriller. Last time we were there, we had a great time doing a walk following the places in the book. I made a great scrapbook of black and white pictures with quotes from the book (I know, I can be a bit obsessive )
I agree as well, great book! I read it before I knew I would be going to Spain, and loved it. After my EBTA cruise I had to read it again and loved it even more!

Old 03-11-2013, 05:16 PM   #1595
Paul312
Earning My Ears

I have created some logo options for you all to choose from (no voting yet)!
They are on my website: http://wbta2014.chevallier.nl/logo.html.
Please keep in mind that the colors can be changed in whatever we want! It's just the basic layout for now..
2012 -- Oct 14 - Oct 28 -- Hawaii - Wonder -- Facebook Group
Upcoming:
2013 -- Sep 22 - Sep 26 -- Bahama's - Dream --
Facebook Group
2014 -- Sep 6 - Sep 20 -- Westbound Transatlantic - Magic -- Facebook Group

Old 03-11-2013, 05:20 PM   #1596
katypop
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
Have you read Carlos Luis Zafon's 'The Angel's Game' (2008) and 'The Prisoner of Heaven' (2011)?

Woody
Have you read these Woody? Would you recommend them?

Old 03-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #1597
liesbeth1012
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingthemouse View Post
Absolutely incredible!! The last time we walked the full circumference of it, the lines to purchase tickets were so long, and we did not have the time to wait. This time, I will find out how to purchase tickets in advance.....
Thank you so much for letting us know it was on..
Quote:
Originally Posted by acourtwdw2 View Post
If you find out how to get tickets in advance let me know. We also didn't have the time to wait on the long line so we just skipped it. Only saw it from the outside on the bus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFlamingo View Post
I know it's possible to purchase tickets on-line in advance, but there are still lines once you get in, if you want to go up in the elevators, with waits up to a couple of hours. I don't recall all the details about the elevators and what you see from the upper levels. I think I read about it in one of Rick Steves' books. We'll probably just get the basic go-inside ticket and look around a bit. Unless we win the lotto and go a week ahead of time, then I'll hire a guide as see everything!
Here is the website were you can buy your tickets online. http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/
You have to choose a time for entree and you can choose to climb the tower and you can also select the time for that.
In 2011 we buy the tickets for entree in advance and there were no lines to come in. We bought the tickets for the tower (elevator) at the entree and get a income time. There was a line for the elevator, but not long.

It's more then worth it to go inside. The outside is impresive but inside it's amazing. We had seen the church in 1999 and 2001 and now in 2011 and it so much changed.

Coming
WBTA 2014 Disney Magic 9/6-9/20 2014
EBTA 2015 Disney Magic 5/19-5/30 2015 (+WDW before)
WBTA 2015 Disney Magic 9/19 - 9/30 2015
Last
Disney Cruise Bahamas 9/22-9/26 2013 Disney Dream+Walt Disney World 9/26-10/9 2013 Port Orleans Riverside
Disneyland Paris 12/30 2012 - 01/02/2013 Hotel New York
Hawaicruise 14-28 oct 2012 Disney Wonder+Los Angeles 10/6-10/9 2012+Disneyland10/9-10/14 2012
Disney Cruise Transatlantic Barcelona-Port Canaveral 10/9-24/9 2011 Disney Magic+Walt Disney World 24/9-2/10 2011 Caribbean Beach Resort
Disneyland Paris more than 10 times from 1994
Old 03-11-2013, 05:52 PM   #1598
lovingthemouse
You must believe......and then send cold, hard cash!!! ;)
magic is in the heart of the beholder...

Liesbeth - thank you very much for sending along the website!
Old 03-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #1599
Lisa
OMG, I think I am going to pee my pants
Where is that evil devil smilie when I need it?
Aside from a near collison with a Tom Turkey flying across the highway the day was great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul312
Please keep in mind that the colors can be changed in whatever we want! It's just the basic layout for now..
Paul, those look great!!!
Next visit: WDW/DCL 04/15
Old 03-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #1600
acourtwdw
DIS Veteran

If you want a fluffy book about Barcelona. I loved Brining Home the Birkin. It's a good read especially if you love anything to do with fashion.
Places we've stayed at WDW:Carribean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music, Cornado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Bay Lake Towers, Fort Wilderness Campground, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings

Other Disney Properties:Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Cruise Line, Platinum, baby! (including the WBTA 2010 and Hawaii Oct 2012) and Disneyland Paris
Old 03-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #1601
vakamalua
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
Have you read Carlos Luis Zafon's 'The Angel's Game' (2008) and 'The Prisoner of Heaven' (2011)?
Woody
Yes, I have read them. They both feature characters from 'Shadow of the Wind' but are not really sequels or prequels in the traditional sense. I enjoyed them both but my favorite is still 'Shadow'--oh, if only I could spend a day in the Cemetery of Forgotten Books!

Zafon started out writing novels for young adults. I've read one, 'The Prince of Mist;' well written and kinda spooky. It reminded me of the Weeping Angel stories on Doctor Who.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:00 PM   #1602
scottishwee35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul312 View Post
Wow, I love it

Scottishwee35
Disney Wonder Cruise, 6-9 April 06Disney Magic Cruise Med 18-28 July 07Disney Magic Panama Canal, 10 -28May 0828 July 10- Dover to Barcelona RCCI Freedom 10 April 11, Splendour of the Seas July 2013 WBTA Sept 2014

Old 03-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #1603
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFlamingo View Post
After my hideous performance in final dress the other night, I'm happy to report that I only missed half of a sentence last night, and was spot-on perfect tonight! And as my monologue is comedic (mostly) I was really happy when the audience laughed in all the right places, and got quiet in the serious bit. Nothing gives an actor a bigger thrill than an audience who "gets it."
Congrats! Sounds like it was a huge success . I would love to hear your rendition. How about a monologue at the Dis Meet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky166 View Post
I will be organising a private DIS Chocolate Tasting group, it is a newish thing so and after a little research it appears that you get a selection of white, milk and dark chocolate (dark 62%, darker 72% and darkest 85%!) and a shot glass of melted white, milk and dark chocolate. You taste the different chocolates with a variety of wines as well as a glass of whisky. I believe it is $30 per person.
I was completely astounded when DH said he wants to participate. He rarely drinks wine; I'm not a wine or whiskey lover, so I'm not interested, but apparently he is . I'll pm now. Thanks for taking this on! (Now, if I just happen to accompany him to sit in the corner, and I just happen to slip a finger into his shot glasses...well.......I DO love chocolate!)
Old 03-11-2013, 09:12 PM   #1604
PFlamingo
My dog just found the chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludari View Post
I also visited Gaudi's Park Guell, Casa Mila and Casa Batllo. The two casa's are within walking distance of La Rambla area. I hope those of you interested get the opportunity to visit Gaudi's works.
We went to Casa Batllo and Park Guell. Both were fantastic! Park Guell took some work to get to, but was amazing, even though it was hotter than hell that day.

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendation. I've been looking for something new to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liesbeth1012 View Post
Here is the website were you can buy your tickets online. http://www.sagradafamilia.cat/sf-eng/
You have to choose a time for entree and you can choose to climb the tower and you can also select the time for that.
In 2011 we buy the tickets for entree in advance and there were no lines to come in. We bought the tickets for the tower (elevator) at the entree and get a income time. There was a line for the elevator, but not long.

It's more then worth it to go inside. The outside is impresive but inside it's amazing. We had seen the church in 1999 and 2001 and now in 2011 and it so much changed.
Thanks for this, Liesbeth! I didn't realize you can get a time to go up in the tower. We'll definitely be doing this next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicasMom View Post
Congrats! Sounds like it was a huge success . I would love to hear your rendition. How about a monologue at the Dis Meet?
I'm afraid I'll have forgotten it by then. It was all I could do to remember if for 8 minutes on stage! We sold out Saturday night; even had to turn people away. We were really excited, because so many people on the board at the theater figured we'd be lucky to get 20 people per night. There were still a few catty remarks from the nay-sayers, but the numbers and the audience reaction said it all.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #1605
WDW Princess 71
DIS Veteran

Hello Everyone!

I am also on this cruise! My name is Nicole, I'll be 28 at time of sailing- gosh that sounds so far away, being that I am only 26 at the moment! I'll be sailing with my dad Michael. Our awesome TA snagged us one of the sideways 11B cabins on deck 6 on opening day, which we are really excited about.

I am so shocked to see how active this thread is already! I hadn't even thought of checking in on this since we are focused on our 7/13/13 12-Night Med cruise on the Magic this summer, which is a ton of planning and excitement- but I saw this thread at the top of the main page today and thought, let me check it out, and I couldn't believe how busy it was! I sure have a lot of reading to catch up on. I am really glad that it looks like everyone is super organized and into super planning like me. I loved how on my WBPC cruise on the Wonder in 2011, we had people pre-organizing Tshirt logos, lanyards, wristbands, pins, meets and more. It really added to the enjoyment of the trip. Surprisingly our 12 night Med cruise this summer is fairly quiet for a "special" cruise (one of only 2 going to Greece/Turkey). But, on that one we'll be so busy with port intensive European touring so its all good. I'll definitely look forward to all the extra DIS stuff though on this TA. I still can't believe how cheap I booked this cruise for, and for 14 nights! Its almost unreal. Even with airfare, its such a steal and so exciting to hit so many new ports.

Well I'm off for now, and will slowly but surely try to start catching up over the next few weeks in between planning for my other cruise! I already sent PM's/emails to those listed on page 1 for the stuff we want to sign up for so far.

September 2014: 14 Night WB Transatlantic on the Magic! November 2013: WDW & 3 Night Dream Mother/Daughter TripJuly 2013: 12-Night Eastern Med Cruise w/Greece & Turkey, then Disneyland Paris! January 2013: 7 Night Western Carib on the Fantasy May 2012: 5-Night Double Dip Dream Cruise for Mom & Dad's 30th Anniversary! February 2012: Solo Valentine Cruise Treat to Get Me to Gold! January 2011: 3 Week Ultimate Disney Vacation- WDW then 15 Night Disney Cruise Through Panama Canal then DL in California!May 2010: celebrating at WDW for graduating my MBA program! January 2010: 3rd Disney Cruise, 1st on the Magic, prefaced by New Years Eve in WDW! November 2009: Return to DL at Disney's Grand Californian Resort, May 2009: WDW Summer Kickoff, January 2009: 2nd Disney Cruise- Sisters Cruise 4 Night Wonder, March 2008: WDW Spring Break, February 2008: WDW ESPN Weekend with relatives, April 2007: WDW Spring Break, March 2006: WDW Spring Break, March 2004: Land & Sea Graduation Present 4 Night Wonder (1st Cruise!) and 3 Night WDW, April 2003: WDW Spring Break, November 2002: Florida College Road Trip, Stopover in WDW, June 2002: California College Road Trip, Stopover in Disneyland, November 2001: WDW Mom’s Birthday Celebration, April 2001: WDW Spring Break, October 2000: Millennium Celebration WDW, November 1996: 1st Trip WDW Hooked For Life, 2004-2007: MANY trips up to Disneyland, CA (including 50th Anniversary Happiest Celebration on Earth!) while in college at University of San Diego
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: