Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 04:36 PM   #1
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 76

Minor Authorization Form

We will be taking our Granddaughter on a Cruise on the Dream. I understand that since neither one of her parents will be with us, we have to have a Minor Authorization Form. Can anyone tell me if both parents have to sign the form? I tried to look on the Diseny site and it looks like I cant get access to the form until its time for us to do online check in.

Thanks, I appreciate your help with this. These forums are aweome and I have learned so much from them.
abbiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
DIS Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Rosemount, MN
Posts: 566

You do not need both parents to sign. I was just on a cruise with my niece and I only had her mother sign the Auth doc. This was accept without any issues.
Nov14 Fantasy East B, GF Oct 14, Nov13 Fantasy West, Nov12 - Dream 3 nts. Walt D. Suite, Nov11 - AKL 3nts,Dream 4nts.
7/11 - STS-135 causeway launch view
7/11 - Universal/Islands - Portofino
.... many other .....
10/01 - RCL - VoS 3nts. - honeymoon
09/00 - MK - Proposal
jlemieu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #3
DIS Veteran
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 33,275

You'll probably get lots of opinions here about what you SHOULD do.....the requirement is that one parent sign the authorization form. Opinions are cheap.
kcashner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
DIS Veteran
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,783

My opinion is that you should depend on information provided by Disney on this very important issue; you will get good advice from this board, almost certainly correct, but this is something where it pays to check with the right authoritative source. Just IMHO.
over50visits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:12 PM   #5
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 76

Thanks, thats what i needed to know. We will have her passport and already have that in the works.

Appreciate your answers.
abbiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #6
If you can dream it, you can do it.
MikeAndNick's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 745

I am a single father with full legal and physical custody of my son. We have been on several cruises and only one has asked for his mother signature on a release form. I had to get the check in person to call a supervisor and explain to the supervisor that my sons mother legally has nothing to do with him. With that said it only tikes one time to cause trouble. I would suggest to get both signatures if possible and if not take a printout of the requirement of only needing one signature. After the one time with trouble, I put a copy of my devoice papers giving me full custody of my son with the passport even if I am not required to have it.
Mike and Nick
Disney Cruise Lines: Wonder Land and Sea – Bahamas 2005, Magic Eastbound Trans Atlantic 2010, Magic Mexican Riviera Nov 20, 2011, Fantasy Western Caribbean June 23, 2012, Wonder Bahamian December 14, 2013
Princess Cruse Lines: Panama Canal 2006, San Francisco Alaska June 19, 2011, Pacific Coast Nov 24, 2013
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2009
Carnival Cruise Lines: Encanta Mexico 2009
NCL Cruise Lines: Mexican Riviera 2008
MikeAndNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #7
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 209

I would recommend a medical power of attorney, also. But you may have already thought of that.
tessa67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:02 AM   #8
Proud Iced Tea Snob
Laughs when thinking
Olga Tickaboomskya
SueEllen's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: San Diego
Posts: 6,885

The requirement is definitely only one parent to sign the form. As someone else mentioned, what is required, and what others may suggest are two very different things. Just know that you will be able to sail and board with only one signature.

Sue Ellen
SueEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #9
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 76

Thanks, I finally found a copy and it does say only one parent. I also have her medical power of attorney but not sure I would have thought of that. Will add it to the list. I appreciate everyones responses,.
abbiep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:39 AM   #10
WicketsMom's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Alabama
Posts: 343

There is an additional form needed if you are visiting Mexico with a child and both parents are not traveling.
Me (46) DH (53) DS (7) Jake Onyx Shadow
Spot 12/15/2011

WicketsMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.