DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
smjj
DIS Veteran - Been there done that going back but now as a DVC member!

Grand villa reservation made at OKW.

We made our reservations for next Thanksgiving in a grand villa for our family of 10. Made them via online at the very moment we could book it. No problems at all. Nice being able to book 2 hours early by using the online system...smjj

Been too many times and stayed too many places to mention here. Now a proud DVC member at OKW
smjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Congrats! Have you stayed in a GV before? I was considering doing that for Xmas 2013. I have never done a grand villa and we are a family of 10 too...2 grandparents and 4 adults and 3 teens and 1 kid. I wonder how we will sleep everyone? I was thinking Grands in the master so they won't have to climb the stairs. Then, DH and I with our twin DDs-14 in 1 room and SIL and BIL with their DD-9 in the other while my DS-16 will have to sleep in living room on the pull-out. How are you doing it? I am not really wanting to stay at OKW, but that's our home resort and the only place we have enough points for a grand villa.

We can also do, at OKW or standard view at AKV or BWV, a 2BR for my fam of 5 and a studio (or maybe a 1BR) for MIL and FIL who pay for use of 100 of our points per year. SIL and BIL would then have to rent their own points and book their own place.
lovin'fl is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-28-2012, 01:06 AM   #3
mlittig
DIS Veteran

Congrats and happy planning

5/87 Polynesian 5/90 Polynesian 12/02 Off site 8/08 French Quarter 6/09 French Quarter 8/09 All Star Sports 4/10 French Quarter 12/10 Old Key West 4/11 Old Key West 8/11 Pop Century 9/11 Pop Century 4/12 Old Key West 8/12 Old Key West 4/13 Old Key West 8/13 Old Key West 4/14 Old Key West 8/14 Old Key West 12/20/14 Christmas Magic 4/17/15 Pop Century
mlittig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #4
smjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
Congrats! Have you stayed in a GV before? I was considering doing that for Xmas 2013. I have never done a grand villa and we are a family of 10 too...2 grandparents and 4 adults and 3 teens and 1 kid. I wonder how we will sleep everyone? I was thinking Grands in the master so they won't have to climb the stairs. Then, DH and I with our twin DDs-14 in 1 room and SIL and BIL with their DD-9 in the other while my DS-16 will have to sleep in living room on the pull-out. How are you doing it? I am not really wanting to stay at OKW, but that's our home resort and the only place we have enough points for a grand villa.

We can also do, at OKW or standard view at AKV or BWV, a 2BR for my fam of 5 and a studio (or maybe a 1BR) for MIL and FIL who pay for use of 100 of our points per year. SIL and BIL would then have to rent their own points and book their own place.
We stayed in one 2 years ago at BLT. We booked OKW our home resort then swapped to BLT at the 7 month window due to 3 of our grandkids being small and the resort next to the MK and monorail made since for us, it worked out great. Had enough points then don't this next trip. We have stayed in the two bedroom at OKW and it was very nice and roomy but there were only 6 on this trip. The 3 bedroom I am sure will be more than enough for the 10 of us. Vey similar to your family(us, our 2 kids and 4 grandkids). We took the Master, heck its our dine and let them fight over the other two bedrooms, there was no problems though. When we walked in one family went one way and the other went the other way to the rooms and that was that.
We also used Garden Grocer to have all of our groceries delivered and have used them before. One trip we had some broken eggs but that was the only issue. Disney will also deliver groceries but they are much more expensive. Have fun and enjoy...smjj

Been too many times and stayed too many places to mention here. Now a proud DVC member at OKW
Old 12-28-2012, 11:39 AM   #5
lovin'fl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by smjj View Post
We stayed in one 2 years ago at BLT. We booked OKW our home resort then swapped to BLT at the 7 month window due to 3 of our grandkids being small and the resort next to the MK and monorail made since for us, it worked out great. Had enough points then don't this next trip. We have stayed in the two bedroom at OKW and it was very nice and roomy but there were only 6 on this trip. The 3 bedroom I am sure will be more than enough for the 10 of us. Vey similar to your family(us, our 2 kids and 4 grandkids). We took the Master, heck its our dine and let them fight over the other two bedrooms, there was no problems though. When we walked in one family went one way and the other went the other way to the rooms and that was that.
We also used Garden Grocer to have all of our groceries delivered and have used them before. One trip we had some broken eggs but that was the only issue. Disney will also deliver groceries but they are much more expensive. Have fun and enjoy...smjj
We did the 2BR at OKW last Xmas...with my fam of 5 and MIL and FIL. MIL/FIL took the master and we shared the 2nd room with our 2 DDs (DS slept on pull-out). We rented a studio for SIL and her DH and DD as well. We used We-Go-Shop for a grocery order and loved them...they get whatever you want from any grocery store you want (where Garden Grocer has a specific list of things to order from at their store). We will just get some things from Disney's grocery form for our upcoming Jan trip (since it's just the 5 of us for 5 nights...we only need some breakfast items).
lovin'fl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #6
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by smjj
We made our reservations for next Thanksgiving in a grand villa for our family of 10. Made them via online at the very moment we could book it. No problems at all. Nice being able to book 2 hours early by using the online system...smjj
I booked mine yest as well for 10
Old 12-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #7
smjj

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl View Post
We used We-Go-Shop for a grocery order and loved them...they get whatever you want from any grocery store you want (where Garden Grocer has a specific list of things to order from at their store). We will just get some things from Disney's grocery form for our upcoming Jan trip (since it's just the 5 of us for 5 nights...we only need some breakfast items).
I might give them a try. I have read here of others who have used them and like them like you....smjj

Old 02-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #8
Aladdin72
Keep Moving Forward

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovin'fl

We are thinking about staying in a GV in 2014. One question, are the GV located on the first floor? Or do they have GV located on the first floor? We're new to DVC so not sure.

Thanks

WDW-
ASM; 1993, 1994, 1995,
Sports: 2005 (Marathon), 2008,
ASPC 2010
CSR: 2012
BCV: 2012 (Wine&Dine)
SSR: Feb13 (Princess Marathon), Nov13 (W&D), May 14 (Flower&Garden), December 14 (Xmas)

DC-
Wonder 2004, 2007 (Wedding), 2010 (Anniv)

Aladdin72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #9
sanibel93
ALL Ears

Stayed in a GV at OKW the begining of December. There was 9 of us, 2 were 5 and 2. It was great, plenty of room for all. It was building 19 room 1922 on the 3rd floor on Millers Road. Got one booked for the 2nd week in October this year.

Last edited by sanibel93; 02-13-2013 at 10:38 PM.
sanibel93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:35 AM   #10
floribr1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladdin72

We are thinking about staying in a GV in 2014. One question, are the GV located on the first floor? Or do they have GV located on the first floor? We're new to DVC so not sure.

Thanks
We stayed in a GV at OKW in December 2011. As I understand, all of them are on the 2nd/3rd floor, so you're dealing with stairs. Unless, you are assigned to a GV in one of the new buildings that has an elevator, of which there are very few.
floribr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:57 AM   #11
BEASLYBOO
It's part of the charm
They go through some serious mayo there

The GV's at OKW are all 2 stories. Our favorite one is in Bldg. 15, luckily we've been able to get it twice. Close enough to HH, main pool, Olivia's, Gurgling Suitcase etc. Great view of the greens, separated by water/fountain. It's fantastic to have coffee in the morning out on that beautiful, large patio/balcony, watching the golfers pitch balls into the water!

Congrats and enjoy!

February 15th -18th, 2014 - OKW-GV
BEASLYBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:59 AM   #12
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Congrats....I hope you have a wonderful time.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #13
nuts
Lover of Disney, Family Guy, and all around good person

10 in one villa

We would kill each other! I am setting up our first extended family reunion. Putting our family of 9 across multiple studios. Separation is a requirement or we would be a part of the BANNED FOR LIFE disney thread.

nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #14
The big Disney nerd
Earning My Ears

We are thinking about staying in a GV in 2014. One question, are the GV located on th

I thought there was one Grand Villa on the first floor that was handicap accessible. I think it was building 37ish?
The big Disney nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 01:27 PM   #15
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts View Post
10 in one villa

We would kill each other! I am setting up our first extended family reunion. Putting our family of 9 across multiple studios. Separation is a requirement or we would be a part of the BANNED FOR LIFE disney thread.
We had 11 one time. Bill and I and nine 17/18 yr old kids. It was an adventure.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: