Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
addverbaan
Mouseketeer

is this true?

Just read this in a review from someone just returning from DLP

Tip for some rides – if your children are young and happy to dress up then the whole family can use Thunder Mountain via the Fastpass line as many times as they want if they are dressed as cowboys (or Jess from Toy Story). The same applies if you dress as Buzz for the Buzz Lightyear ride. Both of these had big queues during the day.

Is this true??? may force my son into a costume if it is lol :-D
addverbaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

I've not heard of anyone getting to do this on BTM, but Buzz, Peter Pans flight, and Snow White ride, yes - they get to enter through the fastpass line and ride without queueing. Not entirely sure they'd get to do it all day though - think that might be stretching the truth a little!
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
Carrie_Cat
I'm a Rive Gauche person

I've heard of people getting let on for free on certain rides once but not continuely throughout the day or several times in a row.

Vive la différence
Carrie_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #4
addverbaan
Mouseketeer

ahhh, all those wasted years when my son was younger lol. Another well kept secret :0
addverbaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #5
mickeymouse11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLPdaft View Post
I've not heard of anyone getting to do this on BTM, but Buzz, Peter Pans flight, and Snow White ride, yes - they get to enter through the fastpass line and ride without queueing. Not entirely sure they'd get to do it all day though - think that might be stretching the truth a little!
Where do u find out about it, do u just join the que or do u get some sort of ticket? We have looked out our toystory costumes for our visit
mickeymouse11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #6
DLPdaft
Cannot stop singing "Just like we dreeeeamed it"
Has a calming influence

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymouse11 View Post
Where do u find out about it, do u just join the que or do u get some sort of ticket? We have looked out our toystory costumes for our visit
I've never done it (my DD was only ever interested in wearing her Jasmine costumes at DLP) but I think you just go to the normal queue, and its the CM there who will direct you to the fastpass line when they notice your children dressed up as a character for that particular ride.
Feb 07 Santa Fe, Oct 07 Santa Fe, Nov 07 Cheyenne, June 08 Explorers, Oct 08 surprise upgrade to the Newport Bay Club! May 09 Magic Circus, Dec 09 Santa Fe VIP, Oct 10 Santa Fe "Cars stylee", March 11 St Patricks Day Santa Fe, Nov 11 Dream Castle bonfire and Christmas, June 12 Dream Castle 20th Dreams, Feb 13 Santa Fe & Dreams, April 14 Santa Fe Spring Festival Fun
DLPdaft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #7
Isila
There is a big beautiful tomorrow

Will force boys to dress up as Buzz. just to see what happens
Isila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:10 AM   #8
adr2.8i
Back from the magic....and now hooked!

my son spent 5 days dressed as woody and buzz and we were never "encouraged" to go straight to the front of the queue. Maybe its certain CM's that decide these things??
Old 02-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #9
nl's mummy
Mouseketeer

We tried this last year on potc and Peter pan, on potc my eldest was dressed as pirate and we went in exit and waited and when cm came forward we said 'we've got a little pirate to ride' the cm asked how many in party and off we went in next boat! In Peter pan my middle one was dressed as tink and we went and joined the fast pass queue cm's don't seem to advertise it but happy to let you on good luck!
Old 02-15-2013, 12:32 PM   #10
lilacgems23
DIS Veteran

We have been 8 times and have never been allowed to do this even though my daughter / daughters has been in costume appropriate to the ride.

Nov 2010 Cheyenne[/COLOR]
lilacgems23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:05 PM   #11
nl's mummy
Mouseketeer

I was sitting at exit of potc waiting to do buggy switch and saw 2 different groups come to exit/disabled entrance with wee ones in pirate costume and they were let straight on. I was chatting to the cm (I had a new baby so he was a magnet!) and I asked her if it was because they had costumes and she said yes. I asked if other rides did it and she said definitely Peter Pan and buzz

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: