Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 02:51 PM   #1
aedmaeek
Earning My Ears

Can't Book Excursions For Grand Cayman and Cozumel

Hi there,

We are going on an disney cruise in a few weeks and apparently we did not get the memo that excursions need to be booked a year in advance. Booked the cruise almost a year ago, just didn't realize we needed to book the excursions, too. We wanted to try to book a beach day excursion in both Grand Cayman and Cozumel but they are all sold out. Does anyone have any suggestions? We just want to put our toes in the sand!!! Which beaches are recommended? How do you get there? I hate it that we're already so disappointed and we haven't even left yet. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
aedmaeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
Tara619
Mouseketeer

Excursions can be booked at 75 days for a first time cruiser. Keep calling DCL because people do cancel. Also go right to the excursions desk when you board to see if there are any openings.

June 27-July 4, 2015 Disney Fantasy
June 22-29, 2013 Disney Fantasy
June 9-15, 2009 All Star Movies
April 10-17, 2004 Disney Magic
May 30-June 2, 2002 Disney Wonder
Tara619 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 03:03 PM   #3
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

Hi there!

In Cozumel we really enjoyed Nachi Cocom beach. It is a private all-inclusive beach you can book for $50ish (adult) for the day. There are cabs right at the port (safe) and you can tell them where you are going. It is about $4 per person for the cab. They do have capacities so you need to look online for the website and book ahead of time if you are interested.

There are a few other beaches I've heard ppl taxi to. Paradise Beach or something?

In grand Cayman there is 7 mile beach. GC is very safe and you can get a cab to take you there.
Old 02-12-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
phred84044
Mouseketeer

At Grand Cayman, just locate a taxi driver selling a package (Hell, Turtle Farm, 7 Mile Beach) and negotiate a price.

That's what we did and saved significantly over a similar excursion that Disney sells.

phred84044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:44 PM   #5
jiminyC_fan
Missing Captain Mickey!
always let your conscience be your guide
Gotta love popcorn!

Don't worry. You can book your own beach day and usually much cheaper. My favorite way is to see where DCL is going on their tours and then book it myself. In Cozumel, try Paradise Beach, Nachi Cocum and Mr Sanchos for a nice day at the beach. There are always taxi's waiting for fares at the port.
jiminyC_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
TifffanyD
DIS Veteran

FYI I've heard some negative things about Mr Sancho's lately. It has a lot of water toys and looks fun but I crossed it off "for now" because of the pressure & tactics
Old 02-12-2013, 05:47 PM   #7
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedmaeek
Hi there,

We are going on an disney cruise in a few weeks and apparently we did not get the memo that excursions need to be booked a year in advance. Booked the cruise almost a year ago, just didn't realize we needed to book the excursions, too. We wanted to try to book a beach day excursion in both Grand Cayman and Cozumel but they are all sold out. Does anyone have any suggestions? We just want to put our toes in the sand!!! Which beaches are recommended? How do you get there? I hate it that we're already so disappointed and we haven't even left yet. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.
No one is able to book excursions a year out. It's 120 days for Concierge/Platinum, 105 for Gold, 90 for Silver, and 75 for first-time cruisers. Everyone must be paid in full even if the penalty date has not arrived yet. DCL also sends out an email reminder when the booking window is approaching. If you signed up for text alerts you get a text reminder the day your booking window opens as well.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Meghatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:57 PM   #8
TraceyGrenier2
Earning My Ears

We booked our Stingray tour with an individual on the island of Grand Cayman. He meet us and another group. No more than 10 of us. It was great, made sure we read reviews. He made sure to wait on us,get us back in time, feed us lunch and to great time with us all. It was a great day. And a lot less than Disney was charging and less crowded.
TraceyGrenier2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: