Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 01:03 AM   #1
Feathers
Ohana!

Qestion about upgrading to an AP, and World of Color

I'll be in Disneyland pretty soon over a weekend that includes an AP blockout date. I'm considering getting an AP, but I want to be able to go to the park on the blockout date. If I get a 3 day parkhopper and use it for one day, and the next day which is an AP blockout day, can I upgrade it to an AP on the third day and only have to pay the difference between an AP and a 3 day hopper?

I've never had an AP before so I'm not sure what my options are.

For World of Color, I've done the dinner package at either Ariel's or Wine Country every time I've seen it and I plan to treat my parents and my younger sister since they usual don't pay for things like that (every time I've seen it I've been on a trip with friends, my family hasn't seen it). The problem is that I always do the first seating for the second show, so it's easy to line up right after while the other show is wrapping up. This time I need to do the first show, which I think is at 9pm. I plan on making the reservation for Wine Country around 6pm, but once we're done where do we line up, and how early should we line up? My goal is to get front rail on the raised dining viewing area. I think the line would be in front of the Ariel ride but I'm not 100% sure. Normally I would line up about 40-45 minutes before the show starts, but I'm not sure if the first show would require us to line up earlier or not.

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #2
HydroGuy
The code is more what you'd call guidelines than actual rules
Inquiring fairy minds want to know: Does Hydroguy like World of Color?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathers View Post
I'll be in Disneyland pretty soon over a weekend that includes an AP blockout date. I'm considering getting an AP, but I want to be able to go to the park on the blockout date. If I get a 3 day parkhopper and use it for one day, and the next day which is an AP blockout day, can I upgrade it to an AP on the third day and only have to pay the difference between an AP and a 3 day hopper?

Yes, that will work. You may want to upgrade it ASAP then you can use it to get discounts on food and merchandise. Which means see if you can do the upgrade on the blockout morning. If you can't, do it the next morning.

Quote:
For World of Color, I've done the dinner package at either Ariel's or Wine Country every time I've seen it and I plan to treat my parents and my younger sister since they usual don't pay for things like that (every time I've seen it I've been on a trip with friends, my family hasn't seen it). The problem is that I always do the first seating for the second show, so it's easy to line up right after while the other show is wrapping up. This time I need to do the first show, which I think is at 9pm. I plan on making the reservation for Wine Country around 6pm, but once we're done where do we line up, and how early should we line up? My goal is to get front rail on the raised dining viewing area. I think the line would be in front of the Ariel ride but I'm not 100% sure. Normally I would line up about 40-45 minutes before the show starts, but I'm not sure if the first show would require us to line up earlier or not.
The WOC Superthread explains this. "World of Color Superthread" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=37986447
DLR 11/2013 (Day Trip), 8/2013 GCH (CCI for D23 Expo), 10/2012 CCI, 07/2012 GCH, 08/2011 CCI (D23 Expo), 06/2011 GCH, 09/2010 BWPPI, 07/2010 GCH, 08/2009 (Day Trip), 05/2009 Doubletree Anaheim/OC, 11/2007 (Day Trip), 06/2007 BWPPI, 08/2006 (Day Trip), 11/2005 BWPPI, 08/2005 BWPPI, 07/2003 HoJo's, 07/2000 PPH, 1966-1998 Numerous Day Trips Including... 06/1981 (Grad Night)
WDW 05/2013 Swan, 02/2012 CBR, 03/2011 Dolphin, 05/2008 AKL, 06/2006 FW Cabins
DLR Paris 06/2007 - Newport Bay/Santa Fe/Holiday Inn (solo) - see my Trip Observations
Tokyo Disney Resort 11/2009 - SunRoute Plaza (with DS13) - see my Trip Report (with photos)
HydroGuy DLR Tips Compilation, DLR Abbreviations List, World of Color Superthread
HydroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-12-2013, 07:37 AM   #3
Pinup Mommy
Making everyday a Dapper Day!!

Unfortunately the blackout ticket does not apply to your current AP at all. It is best just to upgrade prior to your arrival.

DL local since 1980 ~ WDW 1986 ~ WDW 2000 Disney Contempary ~ WDW 2005 Disney Polynesian ~ AP holder since 2009 ~ DL's MNSSHP 2011&2012 ~ DCL Wonder 2012 Halloween Cruise

Pinup Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:54 AM   #4
Pinup Mommy
Making everyday a Dapper Day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinup Mommy
Unfortunately the blackout ticket does not apply to your current AP at all. It is best just to upgrade prior to your arrival.
Correction , they do apply the black out day ticket, but not sure about a hopper.

DL local since 1980 ~ WDW 1986 ~ WDW 2000 Disney Contempary ~ WDW 2005 Disney Polynesian ~ AP holder since 2009 ~ DL's MNSSHP 2011&2012 ~ DCL Wonder 2012 Halloween Cruise

Pinup Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
pixiewings71
Sweet!!! Totally!!!!!
YAY for good weather!
It's that Disney Magic, I don't know how it works but it does!

Quote:

Thanks!
Yes, you can upgrade your 3 day park hopper to an AP on the blackout and you will not be charged for the blackout ticket, you will simply pay the difference between what you paid and what your AP price is.
As for dining, you should be fine, also consider possibly eating at CCTR instead of WCT (AG is not doing WoC dining at this time), I've eaten there twice and really enjoyed my meals there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinup Mommy View Post
This is incorrect, the 3 day hopper can be upgraded on a blackout day at no additional charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinup Mommy View Post
Correction , they do apply the black out day ticket, but not sure about a hopper.
The AP will work for park hopping because APs get that perk automatically.

OP just so you know, I've done the upgrading on a blackout day 3 times, it's been hassle free every time but the last time they did give DD16 (I have a Premium, she has a Deluxe) a blackout pass to use in the parks so make sure you get that.

We took 14 trips from July 07-July 08 and around 16 from Jan 09-Jan 10. We did 5 trips 2011-2012. 2012-2013 4 trips.

eBay and pins http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419
pixiewings71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: