Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
Dimples1973ca
Mouseketeer

Question Maximizing storage in a MOD 4adults 1 child

Good Day!

I am looking for hints/suggestions on how to store our belongings in the a room at POR with Murphy bed.

I know it is going to be a bit tight with 4 adults 1 child but I am sure once I can organize our gear, it will be manageable.

I notice from the pictures of the refurbed rooms that the large armoire is gone. Are there drawers under the bench?

I need ideas on some sort of collapsible storage that I can fit into a suitcase to take with us.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep everything organized?

Thanks!

Dimples1973ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

Make sure you take full advantage of the closet area. There's a large shelf that you can store all your suitcases, and you can use them for extra "drawers" if need be.

We have a closet hanging organizer for clothes, basically 4 cubes stacked on top of each other big enough to hold folded shirts and pants. We use that at Fort Wilderness where the closet is tiny but it would work great for this situation too. They collapse pretty flat. We also pack wire hangers in our suitcase and hang most of our clothes up which frees up the drawers for socks and underwear LOL.

Folks suggest the over-the-door shoe organizers for all your toiletries, hairbrushes, etc.

A pop up hamper comes in handy for dirty laundry, especially is you plan to wash it on vacation. If you're just planning to take the dirty stuff home with you, bring scented trash bags so your luggage doesn't stink! It's amazing how your clothes smell after a full day at Disney World.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-12-2013, 10:27 AM   #3
momof2twinboys
Mouseketeer

Dh unpacked but I didn't unpack for myself or the boys. I did a lot of research on here before our trip and some posts indicated they used the drawers for their dirty clothes. Maybe take some lysol wipes if you want to use the drawers.

We stacked carry on bags under the table and the big bags in our armoire and I laid out our outfits for the next day each night.

I did 6 loads of so we could have packed a lot lighter - some clothes were never worn. We had a pop-up hamper and I packed large garbage bags to get the clean clothes back to the room.

We were at FQ and our sink was wide open with lots of space underneath it - I don't know if they are all like that or not. We kept our hamper and all our shoes under the sink. A suitcase or 2 would've fit under it.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

There are three drawers under the bench that opens up to the Murphy bed.

You realize that you will be paying the extra adult fee times two since you have four adults in the room, right?

I'd go with an extra room rather than squeeze five people into one small room. We did have the three of us (mom, dad and 19 yr old son) for one night at POR and it was okay. But it would be a lot better for just the two of us.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
vacation_junkie
Have Suitcase...will Travel :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimples1973ca View Post
Good Day!

I am looking for hints/suggestions on how to store our belongings in the a room at POR with Murphy bed.

I know it is going to be a bit tight with 4 adults 1 child but I am sure once I can organize our gear, it will be manageable.

I notice from the pictures of the refurbed rooms that the large armoire is gone. Are there drawers under the bench?

I need ideas on some sort of collapsible storage that I can fit into a suitcase to take with us.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to keep everything organized?

Thanks!
We use these.

http://shop.heys.ca/ProductDetails.a...ctCode=JetPack

I LOVE them. Hang them in the closet at home to pack them...collapse in the suitcase and take back out at the hotel. Hang them up and you are good to go. There are little pockets around the back side of it to put little gadgets and stuff in the pockets.

I also bring an empty bag in the luggage.
http://www.travelsmartsproducts.ca/s...uffle-Bag.html

I use it to put all the dirty laundry in.. then check that on our return flight home. I always hope that bag is lost but it never seems to happen i stuff that bag under the sink area.
Family Adventures Miami/Ft Lauderdale/Cocoa Beach/Daytona/ Texas/ St Thomas USVI/ Cuba/ Belize/ Jamaica/ Bahamas/ St Maarten/ Cozumel/ Costa Maya/Puerto Vallarta/ Honduras /Dominican Republic / Cayman Islands & Many...MANY Disney Land trips & Most recently Sailed the Disney Magic

vacation_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: